Author Topic: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy  (Read 12042 times)

E'Twuan Moore Unhappy
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
http://www.celticslife.com/2012/04/etwaun-moore-unhappy-with-lack-of.html

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/basketball/professional/unhappy-e-twaun-moore-playing-good-soldier-in-boston/article_0af45d89-c5a2-5336-94ab-69e859439b8e.html

Seems like E'Twaun isn't happy about the amount of play time he's been getting.

I do feel sorry for him, but I'm not sure what he expected in this lockout season and with lack of practices and training camp, although he probably should have shared minutes with Dooling imo.

Re: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Really, E'Twaun?  You're a late second-round pick who's been clearly beaten out by Avery Bradley.  If you're frustrated, keep it to yourself.  Better yet, look at what Bradley went through last year, how he kept working, how he kept trying to improve his game, until he proved that he belonged on the court.

I mean, kid....  you've already played 50% more minutes this year than Bradley got in HIS rookie season.  Suck it up and get to work.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Do we really want young players that are happy with no playing time?

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Moore should keep his yapper shut. He's a rookie in a condensed season while 3 HOF'ers go gracefully into the sunset. Give it a year, soak up all the knowledge you can from Ray and KG, and realize you're 4th on the depth chart at the 2 behind Allen, Bradley, and healthy Pietrus.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Do we really want young players that are happy with no playing time?

Yeah.  That was him answering the question exactly how he is supposed to answer it.  I hope JJ would answer it the same way, and Dooling, Hollins, and Daniels too.

Competitiveness is what makes players great, and if they are competitive, it kills them to not be able to be on the floor competing. 

It's the same thing with Ray.  He is one of the most competitive players in the league, and while he has agreed to come off the bench, it is absolutely killing him inside not to start.  That's not a bad thing, and as long as he is professional about it (which he certainly will be), then it is good for the team that he wants to start, and he use that desire to fuel him, and to prove that he needs a starting job next year.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Im glad he's unhappy and not content with the situation. However, I wish he would go about it silently.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Im glad he's unhappy and not content with the situation. However, I wish he would go about it silently.

same thing, however I do think Moore should've gotten more playing time after his heroic performance in Orlando. At least he should've been splitting minutes or playing over Dooling imo

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

He was asked a question from a reporter. 

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Yeah, but not with his hand on a bible or anything. He could've just said "I've been working hard in practice, and I'll be ready for my chance when it comes" which is basically a no-comment.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:01:27 PM »

Offline Greg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
He said he's a "little angry" at the situation.

Is that yapping?  Is that acting out?

No, of course not.  I'm glad to see the kid has a fire lit under his @ss.  He said the right things in my opinion.  He's competitive.  He wants to play and contribute, nothing wrong with that.

I think, assuming he has a strong summer league, training camp, and preseason, Moore will be a nice role player for the Celtics heading into 12-13.  It sounds like he's got a great work ethic and is receptive to the veteran guys.

I don't view this as him being a distraction.  He's a competitive young player that wants to show what he's got.  Nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

Yeah, but not with his hand on a bible or anything. He could've just said "I've been working hard in practice, and I'll be ready for my chance when it comes" which is basically a no-comment.

"I know I've got to keep working on being the best defensive player I can be.  For right now, I just consider myself blessed to be able to learn from guys like Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo."

Commenting without actually commenting isn't all that hard.  Don't tell everyone that you're angry about not playing, even if you are.  UBUNTU!

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
He said he's a "little angry" at the situation.

Is that yapping?  Is that acting out?

No, of course not.  I'm glad to see the kid has a fire lit under his @ss.  He said the right things in my opinion.  He's competitive.  He wants to play and contribute, nothing wrong with that.

I think, assuming he has a strong summer league, training camp, and preseason, Moore will be a nice role player for the Celtics heading into 12-13.  It sounds like he's got a great work ethic and is receptive to the veteran guys.

I don't view this as him being a distraction.  He's a competitive young player that wants to show what he's got.  Nothing wrong with that.

Nobody said it was acting out, but it was yapping. He was opening and closing his yapper. I would've preferred in this instance, that he shut his yapper, and cease his yapping.

But you're right he's not a distraction, and ultimately its not a big deal, and not a real story.

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
E.Moore should go to Europe and play professionally over there. He'll have a much more enjoyable career as a star scorer there than an end of the bench player in the NBA.

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hard to judge the context of the answer without knowing the phrasing of the question that was posed to him. 

the only questionable part of his comments is the 'angry' part.  for all we know it was a response to a question if he was angry and he didn't think to rephrase the answer.  it could be based on commentary from his family about his playing time or, for that matter, the commentary of a number of posters here that think he should be getting time over Dooling (because as we all know, the C's players live and die by what's said on this blog ;) )

The article comes across like a reporter trying to make a story where one doesn't really exist.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
I love that answer from Moore.  I'd love it even more if I was coaching him.

I believe eventually, with or without the Celtics, Moore will get the time on the court he's wanting.  Don't start counting him out like most did with Bradley. Moore has the talent to become a very good NBA player.  He's far from Europe material by any stretch.  He's here to stay.