Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49698 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
For the people who think LeBron can't coexist with Ben Simmons, because they are both ball-dominant and Ben can't shoot...

If you're Philly why not just trade Ben Simmons + Covington for Kawhi and sign LeBron?

Overpay by Philly? 

Probably true.  They could probably get Kawhi for Fultz + Covington + #10.

But are we totally ruling out the idea of moving Simmons for the bigger picture?  If they think Fultz can become the player they expected him to become, a line-up of PG - "Good" Fultz, SG - Kawhi, SF - LeBron, PF - Saric, C - Embiid... nasty.

I agree. If Lebron agreed to go to Philly, then a deal centered around Simmons/Covington for Kawhi would be great for both teams. I would be genuinely scared of Philly with an Embiid, Lebron, Kawhi core.

I can't imagine Fultz/Covington/#10 is going to be the best deal out there for Kawhi. I know Fultz still has some value, but he also has a lot of question marks. The main piece coming back for Kawhi has to be a guarantee.

Yeah. It's too early to write Fultz off - he might come back next year and play well enough. But at this moment his value is very low. He could easily be a total loss. Fultz, the tenth pick, and a role player is awfully light for Kawhi. Someone will offer more.

Possibly the market won't heat up too much because Kawhi has only a year left on his contract; he might let certain teams know he won't resign with them, which will hold down their offers.  (I'm looking at you, Phoenix.) But I still think someone will offer more than Fultz, Covington, and the 10th pick.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:56:55 PM by Sophomore »

« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Paul George and Kawhi are going to LA perhaps.   I think people may take a hard look and maybe not run to Philly after this series with us.

Also, Simmons and LeBron can't handle the ball at the same time.  Ditto with Embiid.

« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think Paul George and Kawhi are going to LA perhaps.   I think people may take a hard look and maybe not run to Philly after this series with us.

Also, Simmons and LeBron can't handle the ball at the same time.  Ditto with Embiid.

What would Danny do?  Probably sell high on both Simmons and Embiid.

« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

I've been saying George, Leonard, Cousins to LA for a month now. Would make for a fun 2019 Celtics Lakers Finals  ;D

« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
If LeBron joined Philadelphia it would make Simmons useless. Simmons can't shoot (play off the ball). Philly would definitely be better with LBJ but I wouldn't say we're doomed. They would have an odd lot of players and probably would lose their best shooter in Redick. I don't think it works and it makes Simmons a backup who probably becomes unhappy and hurts the team.

« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2018, 08:08:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If LeBron joined Philadelphia it would make Simmons useless. Simmons can't shoot (play off the ball). Philly would definitely be better with LBJ but I wouldn't say we're doomed. They would have an odd lot of players and probably would lose their best shooter in Redick. I don't think it works and it makes Simmons a backup who probably becomes unhappy and hurts the team.

That could be true, but what if they trade for Kawhi AND add Lebron? That would be bad for us even if Simmons' role was relegated.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Lebron isnt going to Philly.

« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I went from a semi-cap "expert" to an ignorant once the new CBA came out, haven't bothered to relearn crap.

But giving a quick look at their situation (and I mentioned this in another thread), I wonder what's going to happen to JJ Redick. And I mention JJ Redick in specific because they gave him a huge contract, which he has earned with the way he's contributing to this team. Much of their current success is resting on his shoulders.

Will they'll be able to add talent and keep him? Will he take a pay-cut? Philly has to land a legit all-star type of player to make up for what Redick is doing for them. So it'll be interesting.

And his a big-time long distance shooter, which is what this team needs around Simmons.

« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
we bring back IT to run the bench mob .....we destroy all opponents

« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2018, 08:46:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
we bring back IT to run the bench ......we destroy all opponents

Or he destroys our bench. And our locker room.

« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

thats the key.....Lebron is spoiled and must initiate every play , be in on most scoring plays .  Simmons has no other skill but that .  Another type of Rondo.   Lebron can't co exist with somebody else running the team ...player or coach ......Embiid would fit with Lebron ...if Simmons is gone .

Simmons can't play on Lakers with Ball.  There would be no job for him .   Lebron might be able to use Ball like he did Kyrie , impose his will with Lavars blessing ...based on the dollars sign.   

Simmons and Lebron at this point is an awful fit . 

Lebron s selfish personality wanting to control everything , makes him a hard fit .....Alphas players and real coaches and GMs exsist on most teams he d want to play off.

Lebron built the situation around himself , he created a place that says yes to his every wish, a poor coach who is nothing but a figure head yes man.   

It maybe Lebron has no other home but Cleveland , he may have painted himself into a corner in Cleveland.

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I went from a semi-cap "expert" to an ignorant once the new CBA came out, haven't bothered to relearn crap.

But giving a quick look at their situation (and I mentioned this in another thread), I wonder what's going to happen to JJ Redick. And I mention JJ Redick in specific because they gave him a huge contract, which he has earned with the way he's contributing to this team. Much of their current success is resting on his shoulders.

Will they'll be able to add talent and keep him? Will he take a pay-cut? Philly has to land a legit all-star type of player to make up for what Redick is doing for them. So it'll be interesting.

And his a big-time long distance shooter, which is what this team needs around Simmons.

Most PHI fans think Reddick is gone after this season UNLESS if they don't sign or trade for any stars (George, Lebron, Kawhi). With Embiid's extension kicking in, they have enough cap space for one max signing but nothing much after that, unless if Reddick is willing to sign for cheaper with an exception.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
A ton of the reason for Philly's late season success has been attributed to Reddick, Ilyasova, and Belinelli. If Philly uses all their cap space on Lebron, they aren't going to have the money to bring back the 3 three point shooters on the team that a Lebron-Simmons-Embiid team will need to be a contender. The market should be strong enough for each of those three to get good contracts elsewhere and not be forced to take a vet min contract.

« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Most PHI fans think Reddick is gone after this season UNLESS if they don't sign or trade for any stars (George, Lebron, Kawhi). With Embiid's extension kicking in, they have enough cap space for one max signing but nothing much after that, unless if Reddick is willing to sign for cheaper with an exception.

Thought I read somewhere that Redick interested in returning to Orlando.

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
A ton of the reason for Philly's late season success has been attributed to Reddick, Ilyasova, and Belinelli. If Philly uses all their cap space on Lebron, they aren't going to have the money to bring back the 3 three point shooters on the team that a Lebron-Simmons-Embiid team will need to be a contender. The market should be strong enough for each of those three to get good contracts elsewhere and not be forced to take a vet min contract.
Redick will most likely be gone and that will hurt, but they picked up Belinelli and Ilyasova off of the scrap heap. They were both bought out this year and Philly got them for nothing. You can always get journeymen guys like that, especially when those guys are going to be playing with Simmons and Embiid and getting lots of open shots.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out