Author Topic: With the Cavs win...  (Read 2117 times)

mobilija and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: With the Cavs win...
« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:42:12 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1781
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don’t know how to think about this, all the other top teams either build a dynasty or won multiple championships, yet we only come away with one. I just heard on tv that of all teams that went in to conference finals 6 times in 8 years, this team is the only one that has no titles. So far we’ve been very consistent in being good, but not great, let’s change that this year.

That's a dumb comparison. How many of those teams won the championship in their 6th year? We could join that group, the season hasn't ended yet

May as well say that this is the first time ever that none of the 4 conference finals teams has won that year's championship. Like, sure it's technically true, but it's completely meaningless.

This has been a common narrative across platforms this year. People already calling the Celtics chokers before the playoffs even began. Like it's already assumed they weren't going to win this year. It's a really bizarre take and one I really hope we can shake with a nice shiny Title in a few weeks

« Reply #16 on: Today at 09:50:36 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
I don’t know how to think about this, all the other top teams either build a dynasty or won multiple championships, yet we only come away with one. I just heard on tv that of all teams that went in to conference finals 6 times in 8 years, this team is the only one that has no titles. So far we’ve been very consistent in being good, but not great, let’s change that this year.

It’s weird because they went from overachievers in 2017, 2018, & 2020 to underachievers in 2022 & 2023. This is the year to see if they truly have what it takes. If KP returns before the Finals, there are no excuses.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:41:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1628
  • What a Pub Should Be

It’s weird because they went from overachievers in 2017, 2018, & 2020 to underachievers in 2022 & 2023. This is the year to see if they truly have what it takes. If KP returns before the Finals, there are no excuses.

Celtics can break a lot of narratives this June.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team