Author Topic: man utd - champions!  (Read 10869 times)

man utd - champions!
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
in this awkward time of frustration regarding our beloved celtics, allow me to take solace from and revel in the fact that manchester united are the premier league champions.

Re: man utd - champions!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Nice hats.

Man, Cristiano Ronaldo is just gonna get a ton of prostitutes to celebrate tonight.  While I don't watch soccer that much, I'm generally impressed by their scandals.

http://www.gambling911.com/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Hooker-Romp-090207.html
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Nice hats.

Man, Cristiano Ronaldo is just gonna get a ton of prostitutes to celebrate tonight.  While I don't watch soccer that much, I'm generally impressed by their scandals.

http://www.gambling911.com/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Hooker-Romp-090207.html

haha yeah, a lot of scandals, although this is nothing compared to some. i don't think he'll be getting a load of prostitutes though, not with the girl he's got at home - nereida gallardo, a portuguese model.

even so, if anyone deserves a ton of beautiful prostitutes, it's him. ;)

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »

Offline unitedceltic

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 1
I had to sign up when I saw this thread. Go the Mighty Reds! Love it!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 02:14:55 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I had to sign up when I saw this thread. Go the Mighty Reds! Love it!

glad to have another united and celtics fan aboard. the more the merrier!

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I have a good friend from Manchester and he told me that there are hardly any Man U fans in Manchester.  They all support Bolton or Man City because Man U is the overdog and owned by an American. 

Thought that was really interesting.  Congrats on the victory.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I have a good friend from Manchester and he told me that there are hardly any Man U fans in Manchester.  They all support Bolton or Man City because Man U is the overdog and owned by an American. 

Thought that was really interesting.  Congrats on the victory.

that's not entirely true. the problem is, there are so many united fans that they literally come from everywhere. but that doesn't mean people from manchester support city or bolton.

however, there are a lot of glory hunters who just support the best team, and as an avid and loyal fan i can't stand that.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 02:51:54 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
that's not entirely true. the problem is, there are so many united fans that they literally come from everywhere. but that doesn't mean people from manchester support city or bolton.

Well that's exactly what he said, in Manchester they support Bolton and Man City.  Those who support United are mostly foreigners and bandwagon English fans.  But who knows, he's been living in Korea for a year and a half, so like the rest of us, he's probably addled.

Also, I don't say that to demean anything about United.  I've never for a day in my life lived in Boston.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 02:57:22 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Well that's exactly what he said, in Manchester they support Bolton and Man City.  Those who support United are mostly foreigners and bandwagon English fans.  But who knows, he's been living in Korea for a year and a half, so like the rest of us, he's probably addled.

Also, I don't say that to demean anything about United.  I've never for a day in my life lived in Boston.

oh yeah i know you didn't, sorry if it seemed like i thought you did. i'm just saying that it's an unwelcome stereotype. lol. but it doesn't really bother me seeing as i'm not in that boat so no worries.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Just remember when we are talking Ronaldos and prostitutes which is which. Cristiano Ronaldo gets prostitutes, Ronaldo gets tranvestite prostitutes. Any of you watch the Chelsea game? Couldn't believe the finish, would have been funny if Schevchenko had been the final goal scorer to tie them with Manchester, but it wasn't to be. For those that don't know Chelsea gave up an equalizer in stoppage time.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Congrats !
But you guys should pray that Drogba doesn't stay in England next year...
Meanwhile, let's see what Drogba and Ronaldo are made of in Moscow...

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I've been a Man Utd fan since 1998, since I studied abroad in Cork, Ireland (home of Roy Keane).  I'm glad they won the Premiership outright.

Do you guys think, if they win the Double, that this is the best Man Utd team in history?  I keep hearing that claim, and I'm not sure that I see it.  They've obviously had a great, great season, but they also had five losses; they only had three in '98-'99 and '99-'00.

Big match against Chelsea a week from Wednesday.  This one ought to be epic.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
chelsea for champions league!

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 04:27:53 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Congrats !
But you guys should pray that Drogba doesn't stay in England next year...
Meanwhile, let's see what Drogba and Ronaldo are made of in Moscow...

i've said for a while that drogba has the attributes to be the best striker in the world, he just has to be motivated.

Do you guys think, if they win the Double, that this is the best Man Utd team in history?

i don't think it will be the best team in history, no. but i think that this team has the potential to become the best team in man utd's history.

as for the final on may 21st - it's going to be an epic match indeed and i for one can't wait, nor can i predict it.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 05:26:15 AM »

Offline shbanua

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
Do you guys think, if they win the Double, that this is the best Man Utd team in history?  I keep hearing that claim, and I'm not sure that I see it.  They've obviously had a great, great season, but they also had five losses; they only had three in '98-'99 and '99-'00.

i certainly haven't been in this world long enough to justify that but fergie said it's probably the best squad he's ever managed. obviously the treble-winning team has something to say about that but i think what he means is the overall talent in the squad is the best. apart from them only having two strikers as compared to the cole-yorke-solskjaer-sheringham teams, i don't think i can argue.

as a united fan, i'm genuinely scared of the threat of chelsea. they are really capable of beating united with their mix of physicality and outright quality. i'd feel much better if either terry or carvalho misses the final. i hear they're both injured right now whereas united is at full strength.

anyway, if united win this, i really can see fergie finally hanging it up. i mean, seriously this time. i believe this was the reason he stayed on: for another crack at the ucl. i know he keeps saying he's not ready but i'm skeptical. although i think he would relish managing this squad to a spell of dominance, especially in europe.

really stoked one of my teams have tasted victory this year. here's hoping the celts make it two out of two.