Author Topic: Warriors (5-9) at Celtics (13-2) 11/26  (Read 31286 times)

Re: Warriors (5-9) at Celtics (13-2) 11/26
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2008, 10:25:47 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't know where else to say this, but Tim Welsch is sounding a billion times better than Donnie right now.

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2008, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Remember when Maggette was a free agent this past summer and some of us here wanted him for the full MLE?  He played really well tonight.  Would have been a really solid 6th man for us...

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2008, 11:39:17 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Remember when Maggette was a free agent this past summer and some of us here wanted him for the full MLE?  He played really well tonight.  Would have been a really solid 6th man for us...

yup
even if hes the anti posey

3 point shot aside
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Crawford and a healthy Ellis being thrown into the mix on that team with Maggette and Jackson gives them the potential to score a stupid amount of points when they get hot (see 2nd quarter), but they're still going to be a terrible team.
Yup

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere at the game tonight. There just seemed to be a certain buzz in the crowd from the get go, except for the moment of silence for Helen Heinsohn. You could here a pin drop it was so quiet for 30 seconds. I've never been in a building and seen it that quiet since opening night 1994 after Reggie died that summer. It was quite something.

There was about a minute of play where you couldn't here anything happening on the court during Rondo's magnificent third quarter. And during one timeout, almost all the way through the timeout the crowd chanted "Let's Go Celtics" with absolutely no prodding from the scoreboard, music, or sound system. It was just a rowdy balcony crowd that got it going and really fed that team from a while during the comeback.

Tell me, were the refs as bad in the first half as it appeared when it came to contact down under the basket for the two teams? There was a bunch of times where the Celtics appeared to be getting pummeled and yet there was no whistle and then Baby barely touches Maggette or Crawford wasn't even touched by Ray and the whistle blew. The last 4 minutes of the second quarter looked really bad for the refs live. Was it any different on tv?

And why was Leon benched? Did they say anything on the telecast or did Leon just seem not to be playing as well as it looked? Was he hurt?

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2008, 11:56:21 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

And why was Leon benched? Did they say anything on the telecast or did Leon just seem not to be playing as well as it looked? Was he hurt?
Man as always i give a good sense of envy to the ones that attend the game....

About powe i hope is not a sweet desire of Doc of play Golden state pace
it works today just because ray and kg and rondo of course were running like madmen
but i dont think is agood strategy in long term against those kind of running teams
all leon mins goes to tony
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Just got back from the game. Great atmosphere at the game tonight. There just seemed to be a certain buzz in the crowd from the get go, except for the moment of silence for Helen Heinsohn. You could here a pin drop it was so quiet for 30 seconds. I've never been in a building and seen it that quiet since opening night 1994 after Reggie died that summer. It was quite something.

There was about a minute of play where you couldn't here anything happening on the court during Rondo's magnificent third quarter. And during one timeout, almost all the way through the timeout the crowd chanted "Let's Go Celtics" with absolutely no prodding from the scoreboard, music, or sound system. It was just a rowdy balcony crowd that got it going and really fed that team from a while during the comeback.

Tell me, were the refs as bad in the first half as it appeared when it came to contact down under the basket for the two teams? There was a bunch of times where the Celtics appeared to be getting pummeled and yet there was no whistle and then Baby barely touches Maggette or Crawford wasn't even touched by Ray and the whistle blew. The last 4 minutes of the second quarter looked really bad for the refs live. Was it any different on tv?

Leon is always under fire from doc. KG can have 3 turnovers and 4 PF and Doc won't complain, now if Leon has 1 TO, 3 PF he's getting a lashing when he comes back to the bench or he'll just be plain pulled out. Although it wasn't just Leon who was off tonight. House was pretty sucky and Scal was his usual self.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2008, 12:12:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Leon is always under fire from doc. KG can have 3 turnovers and 4 PF and Doc won't complain, now if Leon has 1 TO, 3 PF he's getting a lashing when he comes back to the bench or he'll just be plain pulled out. Although it wasn't just Leon who was off tonight. House was pretty sucky and Scal was his usual self.
Except for Davis who was pretty solid throughout and Tony's fourth quarter the bench was awful. Tony played much, much better when he was in there with the starters but when he was in there with the rest of the bench, he was not good. He was driving into the lane with his head down, playing way to far off his man, dribbled way to much(which seemed to happen to the entire team in the first half) and that foul on the three point shot was bad. But he was great in the fourth. Good for him, he turned it around. The second teams rotations were god awful in that second quarter.

Re: Warriors (5-8) at Celtics (13-2) 11/26
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 10:12:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
First game of the season i can get to, hopefully not the last.

Nosebleeds, here i come :D

Come on crownsy bring it home

we did our best, crowd was awesome in the third and the fourth :)

I was up in 322, pretty good seats for nosebleeds. i sat next to a very knowledgble basketball guy, and he made the point of the night when he said "problem with this group is they have no creator, not thier effort" about the all bench lineup in the 2nd.

was also nice to see the crowd start going off without the jumbo tron in the thrid and fourth, the first half we were kinda droned into the board.

The comeback was awesome, the balconey got really rowdy, in a good way, Place was rocking :)

Happy thanksgiving all!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:18:48 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Agreed -- it was a no brainer.  The thing is, Corey didn't want to play for the MLE.  He is making a LOT more money with Golden State.  He can see how he feels about his choice when he is riding the sofa in May and June.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Great point about the second unit lacking a creator.

I agree that this Warriors team will score but their defense is going to be weak. Basically I think they're the new Denver Nuggets.

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 06:59:46 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Ok, well not double digits, but still pretty much the ending i expected. Play like crap for 3/4 of the game and win. It is no way to play the game, but if they can find the right combinations off the bench as the season moves on, they will be fine.

I still think this team has another ring in them, they just need to figure out how to get that bench working better.

there wouldn't be any big project involved with pulling the bench together if Ainge had just done his job and signed James Posey.
(i know, i know - what's done is done, but .....)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:52:17 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »

Offline rondilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Giving Posey a fourth year would have been a very unwise move, financially. If it wasn't for the Hornets, we would still have him. The Hornets didn't need him, but they made their bed and now have to sleep in it. Ainge didn't mess up, the Hornets did. That Danny and Wyc refused to give the fourth year was an unfortunate necessity.

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Giving Posey a fourth year would have been a very unwise move, financially. If it wasn't for the Hornets, we would still have him. The Hornets didn't need him, but they made their bed and now have to sleep in it. Ainge didn't mess up, the Hornets did. That Danny and Wyc refused to give the fourth year was an unfortunate necessity.

i agree with this.