Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 220047 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1500 on: March 07, 2019, 05:03:31 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Sixers LOSE to the Bulls.

Pacers play the Bucks tomorrow.

A win tonight would be huge for both Kings Pick AND seeding purposes.

Now 1.5 back of PHI for the 4 seed and if IND loses in about 22 hours from now, we’ll be 2 games back of the 3 seed  8)

I think we want to root for Philly at this point, y'all. A 4 seed against Indy would be ideal, and put us against Milwaukee in the second round, whom we match up well with.

Fair point. Either way a 5 seed isn’t ideal in any scenario so moving up is preferable

While I don’t want to drop games, I’m perfectly fine staying away from the 3 seed even though it’s well within grasp. Ideally we get the 4/5 matchup against Indy, leaving us with Milwaukee in the second round. I’d prefer to delay Toronto as long as possible, or best-case scenario Philly knocks them off (doubtful).

Of the top-4, I think Toronto is the biggest threat. They are a tough matchup and Kawhi is harder to game plan for than Giannis or Embiid.
Amen.
I'd rather face them than Milwaukee-think we match up better against them for some reason.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1501 on: March 07, 2019, 05:04:00 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
It was just reported by Chris Haynes that Lebron will be on a minutes restriction.

About 28-32 minutes per game, and likely will not play back-to-backs.

BREAKING: @ChrisBHaynes reports Lakers will put LeBron on a minutes restriction and likely won't let him play back-to-backs.

« Reply #1502 on: March 07, 2019, 05:18:26 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
It was just reported by Chris Haynes that Lebron will be on a minutes restriction.

About 28-32 minutes per game, and likely will not play back-to-backs.

BREAKING: @ChrisBHaynes reports Lakers will put LeBron on a minutes restriction and likely won't let him play back-to-backs.

This is going to be a big deal because it's LeBron, but it probably sounds worse than it is.  It's late in the season, only 3 back-to-backs left (@TOR/@DET, WAS/@UTA, GS/@LAC), and 32mpg is a reasonable number.  For comparison much younger legs like Donic, Hield, Tatum, Jokic only avg 31-32mpg, and other star vets like Kyrie, CP3, Giannis, Conley all avg 33mpg.

LeBron does not need to be playing 40mpg at his age, with nothing really on the line.  Last 13 games (since he came back from injury), he's averaging 38mpg and had 5 games over 40 minutes.

If you told me Stevens was going to limit any player on the C's to 32mpg, and have them play only 14 of the 17 remaining games, I would think that's par for the course.  If you told me a healthy All-Star like Towns or Beal on the outside of the playoffs would only play 32mpg and sit out 3 of the remaining games, I would think that's pretty normal and need no press release.  But it's LeBron, so it will probably be a big deal.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1503 on: March 10, 2019, 01:30:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
This Piston Squad is really coming together at the right time.

« Reply #1504 on: March 10, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Drummond's having a terrific season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1505 on: March 10, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Blake and Jackson also look fully healthy. Pistons are a big fast team that can shoot.

« Reply #1506 on: March 10, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I don’t want to see the pacers in the first round !
Very impressive team!

« Reply #1507 on: March 10, 2019, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Blake and Jackson also look fully healthy. Pistons are a big fast team that can shoot.

Pistons demolished the Bulls whom we had trouble...or should I say dismantled us easily...don't sleep on the Pistons.

« Reply #1508 on: March 10, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The Lakers are aggressively tanking.  They are in the 10th spot now.  They are only a game above the 9th slot... the difference between 10 and 9 is having a 11.7% chance at a Top 4 pick vs a 20.3% chance at a Top 4 pick.  They will keep tanking.  They might be able to get up to a 30% chance at a Top 4 pick if they keep aggressively trying to lose. 

Depending on how this Ingram situation plays out, that pick may end up being their best trade asset.

« Reply #1509 on: March 10, 2019, 05:17:53 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

They always seem to play us tough, though if we’ve got home-court I like our chances.

« Reply #1510 on: March 10, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Sixers LOSE to the Bulls.

Pacers play the Bucks tomorrow.

A win tonight would be huge for both Kings Pick AND seeding purposes.

Now 1.5 back of PHI for the 4 seed and if IND loses in about 22 hours from now, we’ll be 2 games back of the 3 seed  8)

I think we want to root for Philly at this point, y'all. A 4 seed against Indy would be ideal, and put us against Milwaukee in the second round, whom we match up well with.

Fair point. Either way a 5 seed isn’t ideal in any scenario so moving up is preferable

While I don’t want to drop games, I’m perfectly fine staying away from the 3 seed even though it’s well within grasp. Ideally we get the 4/5 matchup against Indy, leaving us with Milwaukee in the second round. I’d prefer to delay Toronto as long as possible, or best-case scenario Philly knocks them off (doubtful).

Of the top-4, I think Toronto is the biggest threat. They are a tough matchup and Kawhi is harder to game plan for than Giannis or Embiid.
Amen.
I'd rather face them than Milwaukee-think we match up better against them for some reason.

Finally somebody understand Kawhi Leonard is not like Giannis or Embiid... Kawhi is complete if you clog the paint he'll shoot jumpers all day and unlike Giannis and Embiid Kawhi is a **** machine, he's also smart he'll read the defense and make the right plays...

The Spurs made him what he is a born champion then they gave their precious baby to Toronto because nobody wants LA to win!!!

« Reply #1511 on: March 10, 2019, 05:32:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
The Lakers are aggressively tanking.  They are in the 10th spot now.  They are only a game above the 9th slot... the difference between 10 and 9 is having a 11.7% chance at a Top 4 pick vs a 20.3% chance at a Top 4 pick.  They will keep tanking.  They might be able to get up to a 30% chance at a Top 4 pick if they keep aggressively trying to lose. 

Depending on how this Ingram situation plays out, that pick may end up being their best trade asset.

Did you ever think you would see a team with a healthy Lebron tanking the last month of season? Also if they do aggressively tank we probably get the Memphis pick this year

« Reply #1512 on: March 10, 2019, 05:58:05 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Did you ever think you would see a team with a healthy Lebron tanking the last month of season? Also if they do aggressively tank we probably get the Memphis pick this year
They're not really tanking as long as Lebron is still playing.  They're just a mediocre team.  They've thrown out some god awful lineups in previous seasons when they really were tanking. 

« Reply #1513 on: March 10, 2019, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Sixers win! The chance for the #4 seed lives another day!

« Reply #1514 on: March 10, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

They always seem to play us tough, though if we’ve got home-court I like our chances.

I agree, i like our chances against anyone. I'd Just like The Celtics to play The Sixers or Pacers than a hot Piston team with a healthy Jackson and Griffin. I think The Pistons are the best shooting team of the three.