Author Topic: Celtics (25-17) at Nets (21-23) Game #43 1/14/19  (Read 18499 times)

Re: Celtics (25-17) at Nets (21-23) Game #43 1/14/19
« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Welp, sounds like it wasn’t too bad that I missed this one.

Oh, you would've been mighty displeased watching this one.

I started MEM pick watching instead and missed most of the game too lol

« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2019, 11:32:44 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Welp, sounds like it wasn’t too bad that I missed this one.

Oh, you would've been mighty displeased watching this one.

I started MEM pick watching instead and missed most of the game too lol

Haha!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #257 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have been a Cs fan since I was 7 (1981). Been through the 80's dynasty...through the drylands of the 1990s...the big 3...the rebuild...next year is our year...no more James in the East...

This year is the first time in a long time watching them gives me no joy and makes me angry.
Feel like I want it more than they do. I am frustrated. Disgruntled, mad, disappointed. Just expected more than this...especially this far into the season.
Lol...ROFL....

1st time in a long time? 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

CIO...you've been angry and b!tching at the Celtics going all the way back to the 2009 season.

It's been a decade my man.

« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Anyone mind giving me a recap of the game? I know we played like Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. but I still want to know who did well and who didn't. Just hope we can get our Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. sorted out by the end of the season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2019, 12:33:24 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This was perhaps the most embarrassing performance in recent memory, maybe since those multiple 2017 ECF thrashings.

I mean they came out so lazy and flat, I don’t care who wasn’t playing. The guys that played were trash, especially the supposed pillars Hayward and Horford.

How many times did they give up on defense or rebounds? These guys are clearly not having fun.

The environment has clearly become toxic and this is not something Stevens has had to deal with in his coaching career.

Expectations have absolutely gotten the best of this team. There’s still time to right the ship, but they certainly need to right this in a big way.

We can point fingers at whoever, but the truth is besides Morris and I suppose Kyrie (fine, Smart and Williams get a pass too), literally every other player has not come close to expectations. Everyone is underperforming, including the coaching staff.

I get that Ainge’s hands are kind of tied at the moment (and if he’s putting all his eggs in the AD basket and this season slips away, he BETTER make it happen), as he can only really add a piece via the MLE. But too many unhappy players on this team and they are not playing within a system.

Stevens has to go back to the drawing board, this isn’t working.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2019, 01:32:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
This was perhaps the most embarrassing performance in recent memory, maybe since those multiple 2017 ECF thrashings.

I mean they came out so lazy and flat, I don’t care who wasn’t playing. The guys that played were trash, especially the supposed pillars Hayward and Horford.

How many times did they give up on defense or rebounds? These guys are clearly not having fun.

The environment has clearly become toxic and this is not something Stevens has had to deal with in his coaching career.

Expectations have absolutely gotten the best of this team. There’s still time to right the ship, but they certainly need to right this in a big way.

We can point fingers at whoever, but the truth is besides Morris and I suppose Kyrie (fine, Smart and Williams get a pass too), literally every other player has not come close to expectations. Everyone is underperforming, including the coaching staff.

I get that Ainge’s hands are kind of tied at the moment (and if he’s putting all his eggs in the AD basket and this season slips away, he BETTER make it happen), as he can only really add a piece via the MLE. But too many unhappy players on this team and they are not playing within a system.

Welcome to the dark side, mayne!

« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Welcome to the dark side, mayne!

Hire Bill Belichick part-time. If it's laziness and uninspired basketball, he'll grind the heck outta these folks, bench them, or trade 'em.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2019, 02:19:38 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just a terrible game. How do you come out in the 3rd quarter and get outscored by 23 points? That is nearing worst ever territory.

I agree with others that personnel changes need to be made, but are almost impossible to make with AD aspirations. Ainge is between a rock and a hard place. At this posing, I say just get below the luxury tax and so the best you can in the playoffs.

Not that this year is a lost year, but the addition of Hayward and the re-addition of Irving has totally screwed up our young, talented bunch. How these guys could be so mentally weak is beyond me.

I’m with LB - if all else fails (and that is the direction we appear to be heading) at least we have Tatum.

« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2019, 03:40:31 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Love our C's...always have..always will. But this is what they remind me of right now

This pic is indicative of SOME of our Beloved C's. Certain players have BIG GAMES vs BKN (but we STILL lose)....and then they get on TV and state that we need togetherness from TOP to BOTTOM......

There are certain players that have this toilet paper called SELFISHNESS stuck to their shoes and don't know it. Have been TOLD of the paper but some still refuse to remove it, for whatever reason.

« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2019, 04:07:35 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Definitely Kyries fault we lost tonight.
A true leader should be on the court and not somewhere else in street clothes when the game is on.
Besides that, recently, I can feel it through the screen, that he clearly infected our youngsters with invisible mind poison and with them being young and so easy to spoil, they just can't defend themselves. It makes me feel sad. Youth is our future after all.
This is just another proof that leads me to believe that Kyrie isn't the one for us.
We should let him walk and not make an offer once the FA starts. 170 Mil $? Too much money can corrupt people and Kyrie definitely doesn't need more corruption.
Also with KI leaving for NY or another place would make AD much more willing to come here.
I understand that some will say that Irving's usual efficient scoring and creating is useful, but what is the sense of it all if he doesn't win the championship 5 months before the actual finals? I mean c'mon, let's be real.
His celebrated 1-1 ability is nothing that Tatum can't do.
I saw a video where Tatum hit similar shots during the practice.
Yes, he practices those. Probably more than Kyrie who drives it a lot and tries those fancy floaters instead.
I have seen guys shoot their teams toward victory, but when has anyone floated his team toward victory?
Never, that's when.
With Kyrie dribbling the ball so much it takes away opportunities for players like Terry, who showed us last year what he can do. In the playoffs.
He was Scary Terry back then, now it is more like Sour Cherry Terry.

Anyway, I just had to get this off my chest, it bothered me.
With all of these attacks concentrated toward other players and not Kyrie, who is the real problem here.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2019, 05:59:34 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
A true leader should be on the court and not somewhere else in street clothes when the game is on.
Besides that, recently, I can feel it through the screen, that he clearly infected our youngsters with invisible mind poison and with them being young and so easy to spoil, they just can't defend themselves. It makes me feel sad. Youth is our future after all.
This is just another proof that leads me to believe that Kyrie isn't the one for us.
We should let him walk and not make an offer once the FA starts. 170 Mil $? Too much money can corrupt people and Kyrie definitely doesn't need more corruption.
Also with KI leaving for NY or another place would make AD much more willing to come here.
I understand that some will say that Irving's usual efficient scoring and creating is useful, but what is the sense of it all if he doesn't win the championship 5 months before the actual finals? I mean c'mon, let's be real.
Yes, he practices those. Probably more than Kyrie who drives it a lot and tries those fancy floaters instead.
I have seen guys shoot their teams toward victory, but when has anyone floated his team toward victory?
Never, that's when.
With Kyrie dribbling the ball so much it takes away opportunities for players like Terry, who showed us last year what he can do. In the playoffs.

With all of these attacks concentrated toward other players and not Kyrie, who is the real problem here.

This is the opposite and just blatantly wrong. Just plain bias that you absolutely lost credibility in my eyes. Even some of the staunches Kyrie haters say he is a very good offensive player, and as of now, Tatum has nothing on him.

"saw videos of practice" you make me laugh. You are basing your statements on few youtube clips. We have seen Marcus Smart hit shots in practice that Steph Curry regularly make in game. I guess that makes Smart better than Curry? See your logic here?

"A true leader should be on the court and not somewhere else in street clothes when the game is on." **** we all know Kyrie is in the arena, Wanamaker just said so. Unless you are privy to whatever Kyrie is doing, its wrong to judge him on this basis. What if he was given treatment for his quad? Lots of players, champions and MVPs even, sometimes do not stay on the court when injured.

Terry showed what he can do in the playoffs? Did you even watch every game or your brain just pick what to remember? Where was he on the road? and in game 7 at home? He got opportunity this game, but lo and behold, Wanamaker outplayed him.

Kyrie leaving would make AD want to come here? AD and Kyrie are friends, if AD comes here its most likely because of Kyrie.

When has anybody floated his team to victory? Watch Tony Parker in SA.

"If he doesn't win the championship 5 months before the actual finals?" this right here is pure garbage. No one wins the championship 5 months before the actual finals. Even GS with their historic regular season record got defeated by the Cavs.

One last thing, the attacks are not concentrated on other players and not Kyrie. You could lump this post with all the other "blame kyrie" posts out there alongside threads like "Kyrie Irving is becoming like Cancer"

« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2019, 06:17:04 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Never, that's when.

This is the opposite and just blatantly wrong. Just plain bias that you absolutely lost credibility in my eyes. Even some of the staunches Kyrie haters say he is a very good offensive player, and as of now, Tatum has nothing on him.

"saw videos of practice" you make me laugh. You are basing your statements on few youtube clips. We have seen Marcus Smart hit shots in practice that Steph Curry regularly make in game. I guess that makes Smart better than Curry? See your logic here?

"A true leader should be on the court and not somewhere else in street clothes when the game is on." **** we all know Kyrie is in the arena, Wanamaker just said so. Unless you are privy to whatever Kyrie is doing, its wrong to judge him on this basis. What if he was given treatment for his quad? Lots of players, champions and MVPs even, sometimes do not stay on the court when injured.

Terry showed what he can do in the playoffs? Did you even watch every game or your brain just pick what to remember? Where was he on the road? and in game 7 at home? He got opportunity this game, but lo and behold, Wanamaker outplayed him.

Kyrie leaving would make AD want to come here? AD and Kyrie are friends, if AD comes here its most likely because of Kyrie.

"If he doesn't win the championship 5 months before the actual finals?" this right here is pure garbage. No one wins the championship 5 months before the actual finals. Even GS with their historic regular season record got defeated by the Cavs.

One last thing, the attacks are not concentrated on other players and not Kyrie. You could lump this post with all the other "blame kyrie" posts out there alongside threads like "Kyrie Irving is becoming like Cancer"
Gotcha!  ;D
We lost 3 in a row and I had to blow some steam, so I tried with humor.
Glad I made you laugh!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:57 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
three uninspired losses in a row to the 6, 7, & 9 seeds, who are all far lesser in talent but greater in heart, desire, & teamwork. this is on brad & this embarrassing team is a direct reflection of its coach: soft.

nothing changes until personnel changes are made, which may include coaching.

Agree.  I love cbs but this team needs a leader.  He is not that leader...not yet.  He’s gotta show some [dang] emotion and get p---ed.  He looks just as lost as the players out there.

« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Was Kyrie suspended for this game or really hurt?
https://youtu.be/yE5EFTS6WHQ

« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2019, 10:09:32 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Never, that's when.

I was gonna say... Androslav had me also confused, and I wasn't too sure if he was being serious lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different