Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2  (Read 120757 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 5/3 Round 2 Game 2
« Reply #810 on: May 03, 2011, 10:04:26 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I want Serge I-Block-a. He's great.

I wonder why we couldn't have gotten him instead of Green...

Because Sam Presti is a good GM.

Must be nice to have one of those.

« Reply #811 on: May 03, 2011, 10:05:45 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
I want Serge I-Block-a. He's great.

I wonder why we couldn't have gotten him instead of Green...

Because Sam Presti is a good GM.

Say. No. MORE.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #812 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:15 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Buck Foston :-*

Not the best time to troll.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #813 on: May 03, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
way to start my day here in the Philippines... :(

Go back to sleep...the nightmare is not yet over. ;D

yah, way things are going I might not even get out of my bed till next season...

« Reply #814 on: May 03, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Keys to Game 3

1. Change our defense: we MUST block out their rebounders (including Wade and Lebron). A high scholl team would do that better than the Celtics did in this game. Furthermore, KG needs to be more vocal.
2. Hard fouls: if Wade and Lebron want to fly over us, no problem, but we must make them pay!
3. NO KRISTIC PLEASE: I am 5-11 and pretty sure would defend better than him. We really NEED Shaq back.

Obviously finding a way to keep Ray going and Rondo making some shots would not hurt too...

doesnt matter what boston does. the heat are just better

Agreed...people need to just start accepting it.  I know its hard but it'll make life so much easier if you just admit to yourself that the window has now closed on this team to win a championship and rebuilding needs to start.

Don't start talking about Shaq.  At this point, he won't play more then 10 minutes IF he plays in game 3 and we all know he's going to be super out of shape so really, he'll be useless on the floor.

The heat at the end of the day are just a better team, their confidence is through the roof and they just have this swagger right now that is screaming that they KNOW they're going to win this series.  And they're right.

Only losers accept defeat before they try. Winners don't

« Reply #815 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline salmonpotatos

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
OK I'm going to give you a realistic scoop on this team, no bias just real talk. I am one of the few that doesn't think the trade for Green ruined this teams play. Player for player Green is light years ahead of Perk just in my opinion so I see Dannys angle, but knowing Greens personality it really doesn't fit this teams locker room which has been the past few years for put your foot down and go for the KO. now Im not one of those guys that thinks intimidation factors in because this is the NBA noone is afraid of other players these are grown adults noones scared. What has ruined this team is the lack of chemistry, contract years for certain bench players (hey big baby, yeah you), injuries and Rondos determination to make a rep for himself as the ultimate assist machine instead of making the easy layup. I feel like Rondo is measuring himself with other elite PG's in this league and the way he can matchup up is gaudy assists. Now I'm not blaming rondo for our struggles but cmon Mike Bibby is guarding him he should absolutely be dominating especially with the heat not having a true center. What is boils down to is not resigning tony allen and dumping our bench, although Quis, Nate, Semih etc were a rag tag crew IT WORKED. Look at videos from camp, the association WE HAD CHEMISTRY. Now we have 2 guys that cant speak english, troy murphy who couldnt look less interested, avery bradley whos salary is gonna be what tony allen was asking for in a year. On top of that we have our "leader" of our bench in glen davis taking a major step back and just falling ga ga in love with his jumper and we have a point guard determined on getting gaudy assist numbers instead of making the simple basketball play and on top of that a terrible attitude. add all this up and it equals the situation were in.

« Reply #816 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:10 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
7:10 left we have just erased a five point deficit to tie the game up at 80. We have Garnett,Baby,Green,Pierce and Delonte West on the floor and have just stopped them twice on defensive.

He brings in Ray Allen and Rondo and the Heat go on a 8-0 run to make it 88-80.

When we have a good rhythm you dont interrupt it to go back to the regular rotations. You let it go and maybe we go up on them then if things start to slip then you sub in to make a adjustment for a mismatch or fatigue. Doc Rivers worst in game substitution coach in the playoffs hands down.

I agree Baby cannot cover Bosh and it was evident since the first quarter dont let it go all game my gosh. Play Jermaine and Green

WAKE UP DOC.

Yep

At that same time all the calls start going the heat way. Big Baby Rondo drives get nothing. Dwade pretends he is shot out of a cannon and gets the calls.

« Reply #817 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
BENCH                    MIN    FGM-A    3PM-A    FTM-A    OREB    DREB    REB    AST    STL    BLK    TO    PF    +/-    PTS
Nenad Krstic    11   0-1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   +1   0

« Reply #818 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
BENCH                    MIN    FGM-A    3PM-A    FTM-A    OREB    DREB    REB    AST    STL    BLK    TO    PF    +/-    PTS
Nenad Krstic    11   0-1   0-0   0-0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   +1   0
all those 0's and yet a +1 for his time on the court.

« Reply #819 on: May 03, 2011, 10:50:09 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
A closer look at the box score shows everything between the 2 teams nearly identical except FTM-A

C's 17-22
Heat 27-36

« Reply #820 on: May 03, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
A closer look at the box score shows everything between the 2 teams nearly identical except FTM-A

C's 17-22
Heat 27-36
Please we were GIVING THE FOUL because we were getting beat up
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #821 on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
7:10 left we have just erased a five point deficit to tie the game up at 80. We have Garnett,Baby,Green,Pierce and Delonte West on the floor and have just stopped them twice on defensive.

He brings in Ray Allen and Rondo and the Heat go on a 8-0 run to make it 88-80.

When we have a good rhythm you dont interrupt it to go back to the regular rotations. You let it go and maybe we go up on them then if things start to slip then you sub in to make a adjustment for a mismatch or fatigue. Doc Rivers worst in game substitution coach in the playoffs hands down.

I agree Baby cannot cover Bosh and it was evident since the first quarter dont let it go all game my gosh. Play Jermaine and Green

WAKE UP DOC.

Yep
Seriously Baby is just undersized JO needs to be in the game I remember us getting killed on the boards and Doc finally brings JO into the game after were down 8 with only minutes left to go

Doc needs to be called out
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #822 on: May 03, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton

C's 17-22
Heat 27-36
Please we were GIVING THE FOUL because we were getting beat up

It was something like 80-83 and then the Heat got 9 free throws. Not sure why Doc was complaining if we were just giving the foul.

« Reply #823 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Buck Foston :-*

Will somebody please ban this troll.
The beatings will continue until morale improves