Author Topic: Knicks (5-8) at Celtics (8-3) Game #12 1/17/21  (Read 30210 times)

Re: Knicks (5-8) at Celtics (8-3) Game #12 1/17/21
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm sorry, but this can't be said more here.

Neismith literally didn't even looked like he belonged on the court against the Knicks in garbage time.

Not sure who stuck their neck out for this guy, but time to hit the road jack. Seriously embarrassing scouting.

He’s barely seen the court.  Not ready to quit on him yet.  He gets a pass this year but he shoulda stepped up today.  You have a chance to show out you do it.  That’s mental and may end up being his demise.  If he gets through it he could be a player.  The entire team looked liked they didn’t belong on the court today including the starters.

Yeah, Nesmith is a rookie who also had virtually no training camp and he doesn't have the 4 years of college that Pritchard has.

the other rookies playing well around the league...did they have a secret training camp that they kept from Nesmith?
Did they have a stress fracture in their foot that’s kept them from playing and training for ages?

So training camp would not have helped him, would it? Next.

Bonus point: Maybe your GM should stop drafting injured players.

Maybe fans shouldn't have unreasonable expectations for rookies to contribute on a contending team. Especially rookies that were not picked in the lottery.

« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8

Neismith literally didn't even looked like he belonged on the court against the Knicks in garbage time.

Not sure who stuck their neck out for this guy, but time to hit the road jack. Seriously embarrassing scouting.

He’s barely seen the court.  Not ready to quit on him yet.  He gets a pass this year but he shoulda stepped up today.  You have a chance to show out you do it.  That’s mental and may end up being his demise.  If he gets through it he could be a player.  The entire team looked liked they didn’t belong on the court today including the starters.

Yeah, Nesmith is a rookie who also had virtually no training camp and he doesn't have the 4 years of college that Pritchard has.

the other rookies playing well around the league...did they have a secret training camp that they kept from Nesmith?
Did they have a stress fracture in their foot that’s kept them from playing and training for ages?

Maybe fans shouldn't have unreasonable expectations for rookies to contribute on a contending team. Especially rookies that were not picked in the lottery.

Well
1. He was drafted in the lottery.
2.  Having a player mix in and produce just in small stints off the bench (literally just hitting 1-2 3s a game and giving effort defensively) isn't unrealistic. He's a basketball player and supposed to be a dead-eye shooter. He literally can't get onto the court because he's so bad. And when he does he proves that he is in fact not good lol.

Side note:
I think it's funny how everyone was all," Where's Neismith??! Brad you're terrible!" and then he gets on the court and is god awful (Not an exaggeration his statistics are literally horrific). Now the narrative isn't about Brad at all and more about the whole give him time deal.

Another reason we shouldn't act like we know more than Brad as a 20+ year highly successful head coach.

Here's a reference for how bad Neismith is doing:

Jaylen Brown came into the NBA shooting only 29% from 3 in college and was not known as a shooter despite drastically improving even over his rookie year.

Even Marcus Smart shot roughly 30% in his first couple years and he was not a good shooter in college.

Neismith who was only expected to bring even below average shooting (30%) and is so far only shooting 20% from 3 lol. Some of these are wide open looks too.

If he continues this pace (I'm not going to say this will continue because maybe he improves over the season) he will be a completely worthless player to this team.

He's a bad defender, he can't handle the basketball, and he's not a good athlete. I'm not mad at the kid and he still may develop into a serviceable bench player, but it was a terrible pick by Danny Ainge and crew because he's a one dimensional player that really doesn't bring anything else to the table.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:45:41 PM by JBJT619 »

« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2021, 06:30:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Brad went with the BAD two big line up with no shooters to spread the floor and not surprisingly we got destroyed. If Brad doesn’ trust shooters on the team Danny needs to add some. Bane would’ve been a good fit. This is going to be a tough season. How long will Brad try to jam the square peg in the round hole?

Spacing, spacing, spacing....

« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2021, 06:33:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Grant Williams is garbage

Sheldon Williams 2.0

« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2021, 06:35:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Sheldon Williams 2.0

Grant can shoot that corner three but Brad always has him playing at the top of the circle. Everyone seemed to be playing in the wrong spots today like chickens with there heads cut off.

« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412

Sheldon Williams 2.0
Agree
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2021, 07:32:08 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Finally you admit youre not a celtics fan.

Neismith isnt picked for this year. He's a project. First year isnt a good indicator of how a player would do. Just ask avery bradley

« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2021, 07:43:30 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Well
1. He was drafted in the lottery.
2.  Having a player mix in and produce just in small stints off the bench (literally just hitting 1-2 3s a game and giving effort defensively) isn't unrealistic. He's a basketball player and supposed to be a dead-eye shooter. He literally can't get onto the court because he's so bad. And when he does he proves that he is in fact not good lol.

Side note:
I think it's funny how everyone was all," Where's Neismith??! Brad you're terrible!" and then he gets on the court and is god awful (Not an exaggeration his statistics are literally horrific). Now the narrative isn't about Brad at all and more about the whole give him time deal.

Another reason we shouldn't act like we know more than Brad as a 20+ year highly successful head coach.

Here's a reference for how bad Neismith is doing:

Jaylen Brown came into the NBA shooting only 29% from 3 in college and was not known as a shooter despite drastically improving even over his rookie year.

Even Marcus Smart shot roughly 30% in his first couple years and he was not a good shooter in college.

Neismith who was only expected to bring even below average shooting (30%) and is so far only shooting 20% from 3 lol. Some of these are wide open looks too.

If he continues this pace (I'm not going to say this will continue because maybe he improves over the season) he will be a completely worthless player to this team.

He's a bad defender, he can't handle the basketball, and he's not a good athlete. I'm not mad at the kid and he still may develop into a serviceable bench player, but it was a terrible pick by Danny Ainge and crew because he's a one dimensional player that really doesn't bring anything else to the table.

It's entirely possible that the reason Brad was holding him back was because he felt Nesmith wasn't ready and needed more time. The injuries and quarantines probably forced his hand. To me the guy looks like he's too tight, he's desperate to impress and it's affecting his rhythm. I do agree that fans usually make value judgments on the 10% they see or know of a player when the coaches have much, much more information than we do. But that's why we're fans  :police:

I feel that anyone who writes a player off on the basis of 4 games in a truncated season with limited preparation isn't being entirely fair to the player. At least give the guy half the season to show us what he can/can't do before we call him a useless waste of space   :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2021, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched on tape delay.  today's takeaways
- every team has a couple of real stinkers every season.  this was one for the C's but even as stinkers go, this was one of the worst I can remember in well over a decade -- probably close to 2 decades or more.
- Gwill continues to look lost out there.  no idea what's going on with him.  he was looking like a decent rotation player by the end of the last season.  this year, doesn't look like he belongs on the court.
- good to see Kemba looking physically fit.  his shooting's off (so was everyone's) but I suspect he'll be a positive for us.
- one thing I didn't like from Kemba was that the beginning of the game should have kept Jaylen as the focus of the offense rather than putting him on the backburner until they were already in a hole.
- some games, like this one, I just want to punch Brad for this garbage live-by-the-3-die-by-the-3 offense.  just horrible to watch them throw bricks up all game long.  even the FT shooting was horrid. 

« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2021, 09:03:38 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Wrong thread.