Author Topic: Knicks (5-8) at Celtics (8-3) Game #12 1/17/21  (Read 30735 times)

Re: Knicks (5-8) at Celtics (8-3) Game #12 1/17/21
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'm sorry, but this can't be said more here.

Neismith literally didn't even looked like he belonged on the court against the Knicks in garbage time.

Not sure who stuck their neck out for this guy, but time to hit the road jack. Seriously embarrassing scouting.

He’s barely seen the court.  Not ready to quit on him yet.  He gets a pass this year but he shoulda stepped up today.  You have a chance to show out you do it.  That’s mental and may end up being his demise.  If he gets through it he could be a player.  The entire team looked liked they didn’t belong on the court today including the starters.

« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2021, 03:51:19 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706

Neismith literally didn't even looked like he belonged on the court against the Knicks in garbage time.

Not sure who stuck their neck out for this guy, but time to hit the road jack. Seriously embarrassing scouting.

He’s barely seen the court.  Not ready to quit on him yet.  He gets a pass this year but he shoulda stepped up today.  You have a chance to show out you do it.  That’s mental and may end up being his demise.  If he gets through it he could be a player.  The entire team looked liked they didn’t belong on the court today including the starters.

Yeah, Nesmith is a rookie who also had virtually no training camp and he doesn't have the 4 years of college that Pritchard has.

« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2021, 03:57:05 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm very concerned about the center rotation against Embiid. Theis regressed, and TT is much worse than what we expected to get. Rob Williams might be our best bet at that spot right now and he is out

« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2021, 03:57:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah, Nesmith is a rookie who also had virtually no training camp and he doesn't have the 4 years of college that Pritchard has.

the other rookies playing well around the league...did they have a secret training camp that they kept from Nesmith?

« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2021, 04:01:12 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I'm very concerned about the center rotation against Embiid. Theis regressed, and TT is much worse than what we expected to get. Rob Williams might be our best bet at that spot right now and he is out
Theis looks nervous , unsettled out there. Maybe his next contract is in the back of his mind and he feels like he’s diminished his worth around the league .. Tristan is who I thought he was. He will have a couple great games in the playoffs but will underwhelm offensively most nights. I also feel like he shrunk a little bit since cavaliers title run... it’s very debatable now whether we could have been better off with Turner and a pick... I hope more people see Danny’s failures and stop rationalizing for his moves

« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
So glad we have an offensive system.  Dribble, dribble, dribble
With 4 guys watching spaced around the perimeter and then an iso
Shot or a kick to a low percentage 3.  Brilliant!!! 

Maybe Harden would have been a great for for this team.

I dont care what all the Cs fans here say about Harden, The guy is a future hall of famer phenomenal basketball player. Any team, and I mean any team would be lucky to have him on their roster. Even the Rockets wanted to keep him.

« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2021, 04:13:29 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
Theis looks nervous , unsettled out there. Maybe his next contract is in the back of his mind and he feels like he’s diminished his worth around the league .. Tristan is who I thought he was. He will have a couple great games in the playoffs but will underwhelm offensively most nights. I also feel like he shrunk a little bit since cavaliers title run... it’s very debatable now whether we could have been better off with Turner and a pick... I hope more people see Danny’s failures and stop rationalizing for his moves
Agreed with the Theis part. For some reason, he also looks like he is battling less down low this year. You get the feel like he is on the weaker end of the Center battle a lot more often. He is just playing softer, nevermind much less of a factor on offense. With Thompson, I thought he'd be a little bit more of an anchor down low. Right now he is Amir Johnson with better offensive rebounding, and less of an offensive game

« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

the other rookies playing well around the league...did they have a secret training camp that they kept from Nesmith?

;D

Harsh

« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2021, 04:18:04 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla
Rob Williams is often times at the wrong place defensively, but when he is squared up againt an opposing big man he usually does pretty well. Also has those crazy recovery blocks. Consistently brings the energy and athleticism. Right now that might be the best we have

« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I figured that people were way too optimistic about the Thompson signing.
I'm officially questioning whether he is an upgrade over Theis as a starting center.
Rebounding is the only thing Thompson does well. He doesn't provide rim protection, average at best in switches and only 49FG% on mostly putbacks in the paint. I really believe that Robert Williams is our best big now.
Let Theis and Thompson fight it out for back-up minutes and trade the worst one, use Fall as the 3rd-string-center in a zone defense.

The answer to the question before: Myles Turner at $18M a year or Tristan Thompson at $9.5M? Is definitely: Turner.

« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Did they have a stress fracture in their foot that’s kept them from playing and training for ages?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2021, 04:34:31 PM »

Offline MickaelPietrus

• NGT
  • Joe Mazzulla

I'm officially questioning whether he is an upgrade over Theis as a starting center.
Rebounding is the only thing Thompson does well. He doesn't provide rim protection, average at best in switches and only 49FG% on mostly putbacks in the paint. I really believe that Robert Williams is our best big now.
Let Theis and Thompson fight it out for back-up minutes and trade the worst one, use Fall as the 3rd-string-center in a zone defense.

The answer to the question before: Myles Turner at $18M a year or Tristan Thompson at $9.5M? Is definitely: Turner.

Agreed with you. Although we would still need the wings to rebound the ball a lot like last year with Turner being our starting big (not a great rebounder despite everything else that he's been doing great at), that would have been much better for this team. Tacko does look like he could be in the rotation right now, especially how some of these other bigs have been performing. He looked very solid defensively in his last couple of stints, plus he actually alters shots. If he can consistently box out opposing bigs defensively he should be in the rotation right now.

I also think Theis or Thompson could be shipped, perhaps with the TPE in order to get a nice wing. Rob Williams, as long as he is aware/engaged 100% of the time has what it takes to be a good starter at that spot for us.

« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2021, 04:36:45 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

If Tacko is eligible for the playoffs I would trade Thompson and Theis for Horford as he is still much better than both at everything besides rebounding and dunking

« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2021, 04:37:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Did they have a stress fracture in their foot that’s kept them from playing and training for ages?

So training camp would not have helped him, would it? Next.

Bonus point: Maybe your GM should stop drafting injured players.

« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706