Poll

Will Rozier be good?

Yes he will outperform and win us a series or 2
25 (69.4%)
No. He's limited and will just be serviceable
11 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Will Rozier break out like "Playoff Rondo" and save us (poll)  (Read 3280 times)

Re: Will Rozier break out like "Playoff Rondo" and save us (poll)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 01:38:01 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Break out performances are great, but don't forget...opponents will be game-planning for Terry Rozier in the playoffs now that Kyrie is out for the season.

And your next backup at that position is Shane Larkin, followed by Kadeem Allen.

We could win a game or two, but a series will be a tall but not impossible task.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 01:43:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rozier is nothing like Rondo, aside from rebounding, perhaps, at times, and the situations are completely different, imo, but could Terry "break out"? Sure. It's certainly possible, but even if he can just maintains the level of play that he has exhibited over the last two months in the playoffs, who needs Kyrie moving forward, ahahahaha? ;D

I'm not going to lie - that would be pretty cool - and I can't believe that I'm about to say this, but I've almost gone Full Rozier, lol. ;) ;D You go, kid! :)

TP......agree....TRoz has already broken out.

Just keep playing like you’ve been playing, Scary Terry.

Lol, TP. I still can't believe that I've practically become a fan of his, but way to prove me wrong, Rozier! Woot, woot! Kris Dunn should get the MIP Award, this year, after the season that he's had, at least imo, and there are at least a few other suitable candidates for the honor, but I do hope that Rozier at least gets some votes or finishes in the Top 5 or whatever. He's been borderline outstanding for quite some time, now :)
Over Oladipo?

Not a chance

Why not? Granted, Oladipo has had an excellent, and breakout, season, but Dunn went from averaging 3.8 ppg on .377 fg%, .288 3pt%, and .610 ft% to 13.4 ppg on .429 fg%, .321 3pt%, and .730 ft%, not to mention, well, averaging a hair under 6 apg and exactly 2 spg, while not even playing 30 mpg this year. The award is for, well, the most improved player, so how is anyone more qualified for that honor, this year, than Dunn?
It's not even close man.

Im sorry that you have a Dunn infatuation, but Oladipo is running away with that award.

I couldn't agree more. Dunn has shown far more improvement.

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2018, 01:56:28 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Rozier is nothing like Rondo, aside from rebounding, perhaps, at times, and the situations are completely different, imo, but could Terry "break out"? Sure. It's certainly possible, but even if he can just maintains the level of play that he has exhibited over the last two months in the playoffs, who needs Kyrie moving forward, ahahahaha? ;D

I'm not going to lie - that would be pretty cool - and I can't believe that I'm about to say this, but I've almost gone Full Rozier, lol. ;) ;D You go, kid! :)

Lol, TP. I still can't believe that I've practically become a fan of his, but way to prove me wrong, Rozier! Woot, woot! Kris Dunn should get the MIP Award, this year, after the season that he's had, at least imo, and there are at least a few other suitable candidates for the honor, but I do hope that Rozier at least gets some votes or finishes in the Top 5 or whatever. He's been borderline outstanding for quite some time, now :)
Over Oladipo?

Not a chance

Why not? Granted, Oladipo has had an excellent, and breakout, season, but Dunn went from averaging 3.8 ppg on .377 fg%, .288 3pt%, and .610 ft% to 13.4 ppg on .429 fg%, .321 3pt%, and .730 ft%, not to mention, well, averaging a hair under 6 apg and exactly 2 spg, while not even playing 30 mpg this year. The award is for, well, the most improved player, so how is anyone more qualified for that honor, this year, than Dunn?
It's not even close man.

Im sorry that you have a Dunn infatuation, but Oladipo is running away with that award.

Come back to me when Oladipo runs away with the award.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 01:59:55 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Sadly no.

Rondo was a freak when he carried the big 3 and infact was a referee call away from dispatching them..

Id be happy if we can squeeze 18ppg out of Roz in the playoffs.

The one player im worried  about is Brown.. Eberyone keeps saying he will be like Kobe but  i jusy dont see Kobe.. He is so frustrating to watch because he has the ability and talent to take over the game but prefers to float to the side. Screams Jeff Green rather than Butler.. People say he is still young but Kobe started to take over at age 20.

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 02:04:44 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
While I'm totally in favor of Rozier having a really strong playoffs, more important is that Jaylen doesn't go in and out. I want that dude having numbers like LeBron.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2018, 02:08:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Over Oladipo?

Not a chance

It's not even close man.

Come back to me when Oladipo runs away with the award.

Fair enough. I'm probably wrong, anyway, as usual. I just think that Dunn has shown more improvement, this year, but to each his own.

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2018, 02:19:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Sadly no.

Rondo was a freak when he carried the big 3 and infact was a referee call away from dispatching them..

The one player im worried  about is Brown.. Eberyone keeps saying he will be like Kobe but  i jusy dont see Kobe.. He is so frustrating to watch because he has the ability and talent to take over the game but prefers to float to the side. Screams Jeff Green rather than Butler.. People say he is still young but Kobe started to take over at age 20.

What referee call am I forgetting, here? As for the Brown-Kobe comparison :o, well, *facepalm*. Jaylen has made significant progress, I think, in terms of dribbling, this year, although that still needs to be fine-tuned, but the biggest difference between Brown and Kobe boils down to one all-important aspect - footwork. Right now, Jaylen is really a 3 point spot-up shooter who can slash, a bit, and does have a pretty nice post game which seemingly disappeared this year, but he doesn't have the ability to come off picks/screens, let alone create any semblance of his own shot, and particularly from midrange, at that, whereas the midrange game and excellent footwork had always been staples of Kobe's game, iirc, and to be honest I don't know if that can really be learned at the NBA level, as it seems to me that it's one of those things where, if you don't have it down by the time you're drafted, then it's not like you're going to be able to use those moves in the pros, no matter how much work you put into it, but I hope that I'm wrong.

By the way, if you're interested in a young player who already has those skills and is similar to Jaylen in build, albeit not necessarily in terms of athleticism, look no further than Dwayne Bacon. Love that guy.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Would a Roz by any other name smell as sweet?

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Would a Roz by any other name smell as sweet?

No sir!  :)

2018 Playoff Rondo and Rozier were almost the opposite for their first game. Rondo great for 3Qs, then somewhat poor at the end. 

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 08:28:56 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think it’s pretty safe to say that we won’t be able to pay both of them after next season. If we resign Smart to a decent contract (just say 4/$36 for arguments sake), how can we afford to give Rozier a decent one? He’s played into a decent, life-altering contract.

So our options are:
-let Smart walk, resign Rozier after next season
-resign Smart, trade Rozier
-resign Smart, let Rozier walk
-resign Smart, trade one of them at the deadline (possibly using Smart’s larger salary for a star)
-let them both walk after their contracts with us are up

I think we resign Smart and hope both play well that we can make a deal at the deadline using one of them.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So far he has done nicely

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2018, 02:37:47 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Rondo was a masterful orchestrator.

Rozier is an efficient assasin who takes very good care of possesions. Our team doesn't exactly rely on a PG to run the offense but is predicated on ball movement. For this reason even Kyrie was ave. only 5 asst per game.

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2018, 03:53:13 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Sadly no.

Wiggins is more of a Jeff Green than Jaylen. Brown have that fire in his belly that both Green and Wiggins didn't have.

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2018, 04:07:09 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Sadly no.

When did Rondo “carry” the Big Three?

He was never the best player on the team IMO, and at his best he made us a Big Four. I guess we could say 2009 when KG was out, but Pierce was great and Ray had some huge games iirc.

But it was never “Rondo and the old guys.” It was always the Big Three+Rondo.
CELTICS 2024