Author Topic: Blake Griffin will need surgery on his elbow  (Read 6820 times)

Re: Blake Griffin will need surgery on his elbow
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 12:16:51 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Funny I was just talking about the Clips being one injury from getting bounced out of the Western playoffs. I figured Paul would be the one out with a hamstring injury. They are going to sorely miss Griffin and I see a losing streak coming up for the Clips. We can only hope Griffin out for an extended amount of time.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
That sucks for Blake but they should still make playoffs. Probably now end up 6th. Some luck for C's if that pick is under 19 wow. Pick 18 to help us win 18?
Yeah, even if it just means a few more L's to drop them down in the seeding, and put a few more eastern conference teams in front of them in the draft standings that is a big gain for the Celtics.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Would the celtics use this clippers pick as bait before the trade deadline?

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Would the celtics use this clippers pick as bait before the trade deadline?
Depends on what comes back I would think.  I'd think we'd have to acquire some sort of attractive talent that is locked up in a contract for a few years in order for this pick to be traded before the season ends.

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 01:04:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Staph is some nasty stuff. There is no certainty that the surgery clears it all up, which is why he'll be reevaluated later.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I still can't believe Ainge got an unprotected first for a coach lol!

Then again it was the same team that traded an unprotected first, used to select kyrie irving, just so they could trade baron davis for mo Williams.

If Blake is out for 6 weeks the clippers might very well be giving us a lotto pick for doc rivers.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561

Then again it was the same team that traded an unprotected first, used to select kyrie irving, just so they could trade baron davis for mo Williams.

If Blake is out for 6 weeks the clippers might very well be giving us a lotto pick for doc rivers.
Ainge's best trait is his dogged persistence to hold on until he gets all he can.  It really helps to have stupid trading partners that are emotionally invested in the trade but it is still hard to believe that there is absolutely no protection on the pick.  If the stars really align Celtics green, it could go down as one of the most lopsided trades ever. 

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
A lotto pick is extremely unlikely, but every slot over 25 is a bonus with this pick, I'd say.  It's #23 right now, and this injury could well move it up a couple of notches.

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 01:49:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
A lotto pick is extremely unlikely, but every slot over 25 is a bonus with this pick, I'd say.  It's #23 right now, and this injury could well move it up a couple of notches.

Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Spurs, all within 2.5 games of the Clippers, will likely surpass them. So I can't see the pick being any worse than #19.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 02:10:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Cavs, Bulls, Wizards, and Spurs, all within 2.5 games of the Clippers, will likely surpass them. So I can't see the pick being any worse than #19.

Counting chickens in basketball has about the same success rate as anywhere else.  Ask anybody who wanted to bury the Cavs a month ago.  But there is a good chance for it to improve.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Counting chickens in basketball has about the same success rate as anywhere else.  Ask anybody who wanted to bury the Cavs a month ago.  But there is a good chance for it to improve.

Not sure it's exactly the same situation. The Cavs had a lot of talent and added Mozgov, Smith, Shumpert for essentially Waiters. The Clippers play in the brutal west, have been struggling, have very little remnants of a bench, and now just lost arguably their best player.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Amazing that Doc fetched that.   Man... Rondo needs to hurry back so the Mavs can fall out of the playoffs too.  Let's get all the picks, baby!

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Ya, it was a brilliant move!

Even if it isnt lotto, it's tough to get an unprotected pick these days

I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 04:33:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981

Ah .....speaking of the Cavs .......incredible out of no where successes

Isn't it about time for the NBA to do .....drug test on LeBron .?

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2981

Unlikely .....IF ........the rest of the Clippers stay healthy.... ;)

We know these injuries pop up in series .....I think this is due to additional stress on other players, who now become more likely to go down

CP3 .....is getting a lot of miles on his body .   He is a small dude ......can he take the stress of carrying the load .

CP3 ...usually leaves the physical work to everybody else these days .  Saves himself for the playoffs

He'll have to play a Wade like game now besides just passing and running the offense.   He is no spring chicken ....

We ll have to see if he can stay healthy  ???