Author Topic: Lakers reportedly offering Mike Miller 5y/30m  (Read 6750 times)

Lakers reportedly offering Mike Miller 5y/30m
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:04:01 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Source told FOXSports.com that Mike Miller has already met with the Lakers, Knicks and Heat out in L.A. Lakers offered 5 years, $30 million.

http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox

Re: Lakers reportedly offering Mike Miller 5y/30m
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:08:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Source told FOXSports.com that Mike Miller has already met with the Lakers, Knicks and Heat out in L.A. Lakers offered 5 years, $30 million.

I wouldn't sign Miller for 5 year. I would rather do a S+T for Morrow and Turiaf type deal

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:03 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
To be honest I'm surprised LA is getting in the mix. Their payroll is already at $82 million for 7 players. They need to bring in (or back) 2 point guards above all.

Throw in Miller for the MLE and you are looking at a $100 million payroll.

Also I think Miller is going to want more minutes than LA will be giving for the next 3+ years.

Lets swoop in with a Sheed deal.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Too rich for our blood. I'd give Morrow 5 years but not Miller. He has been dealing with injuries for 2 season now. Celtics also need to get younger to offset aging BIG3.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I wouldn't sign Miller for 5 year. I would rather do a S+T for Morrow and Turiaf type deal

Word. He's duct tape, not a solution.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:15:06 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

A Morrow Turiaf deal would be great too. Two birds with one stone.

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:19:31 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
And according to Goodman, they gave him a deadline of tonight to accept the offer...odd.

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:19:58 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Here's more from Rotowire:

"Wow. Several teams were tracking Miller because there is a belief that LeBron James wants to play with him, but it's hard to imagine him passing up such a nice offer from the world champs. From a fantasy perspective, it's hard to see him starting, or having a major role, on a roster that already features Lamar Odom off the bench."

Laker punks. Well, maybe Miller will realize how small his role would be and decide that he's better off elsewhere (like in Boston),
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:21:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Too rich for our blood. I'd give Morrow 5 years but not Miller. He has been dealing with injuries for 2 season now. Celtics also need to get younger to offset aging BIG3.
So if Morrow turns out to be mediocre it will be a consolation that we'll owe him 30 million just because he's young? That kind of logic always kills me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
So if Morrow turns out to be mediocre it will be a consolation that we'll owe him 30 million just because he's young? That kind of logic always kills me.

As opposed to the logic that a good player will all of a sudden turn into a mediocre one?

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
I assume Miller will get this much money or more from someone.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

Not saying they should. But 5 years for Miller, that is borderline psycho. For this point forward, you'll have to look at getting player to play along side Rondo. Where they can develop chemistry and grow together.

Morrow is arguably the best shooter in the league @ 24. He is legit with so much potential. And he is in the mold of Ray Allen a pure shooter. And in the future, he can make a nice transition @ starting 2.

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I tend to think that's a bit much.  BUT, if we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot long term with Ray and Paul, it's even more imperative we go all in this year. 

If not getting Miller means falling short of 18, I'd rather screw ourselves long term and get him.  I'm not sure it does though.  However, he'd be absolutely huge.  Had we had him this year, we would be the champs.

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 10:45:51 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
I tend to think that's a bit much.  BUT, if we're going to shoot ourselves in the foot long term with Ray and Paul, it's even more imperative we go all in this year.  

If not getting Miller means falling short of 18, I'd rather screw ourselves long term and get him.  I'm not sure it does though.  However, he'd be absolutely huge.  Had we had him this year, we would be the champs.

Don't panic man. How about the Lakers shooting themselves in the foot with all that salary. I tend to think, its the Lakers panicking  and overpaying for a player Celtics wanted all alone. Remember every million mike earns, it double because of the luxury tax. Is he worth $10million now or 5 years from now? I hope Danny doesn't jump the gun on this & does his due diligence. Danny has a way maximizing every dollar he spends.

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 10:49:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
that's a lot to offer to a guy who won't play much on that team, let them have him at that price.