Author Topic: Joe Smith and Marbury  (Read 6778 times)

Re: Joe Smith and Marbury
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Perhaps McDyess isn't beyond the realm of possibility. It depends on what happens in Detroit these next few weeks.

If Joe D decides to blow up the team, and take them out of the playoff run in favor of completely rebuilding the roster, then it's possible that he'd extend McDyess the courtesy of a negotiated release to sign on with a championship contender.

Chances are slim this would happen, I admit. McDyess is the classy kind of guy that would probably tough it out in Detroit, no matter how bad things got.

I don't think there is really any chance of that happening.  And I don't think McDyess really ever considered going anyplace by Detroit. 

He was interviewed by Dickerson before that last game in Detroit and said He strongly considered coming here, and is starting to regreat he didnt... so I take his word
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 04:43:00 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Perhaps McDyess isn't beyond the realm of possibility. It depends on what happens in Detroit these next few weeks.

If Joe D decides to blow up the team, and take them out of the playoff run in favor of completely rebuilding the roster, then it's possible that he'd extend McDyess the courtesy of a negotiated release to sign on with a championship contender.

Chances are slim this would happen, I admit. McDyess is the classy kind of guy that would probably tough it out in Detroit, no matter how bad things got.

I don't think there is really any chance of that happening.  And I don't think McDyess really ever considered going anyplace by Detroit. 

He was interviewed by Dickerson before that last game in Detroit and said He strongly considered coming here, and is starting to regreat he didnt... so I take his word

The AI factor.

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
I don't think Otis Smith will sign Stephon Marbury, he's a character orientated GM. He definitely should try to sign Marbury but I don't think he will.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If Ainge fails to get anyone significant I could see him signing Scot Pollard and activating Cassell.  A healthy Pollard would help in the playoffs.

That's a very good plan. Those two guys if Healthy help this team.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

I saw the interview and I don't believe he said he was starting to regret it.  I believe those were either Dickerson or Marshall's words, can't remember which, but I don't believe it was McDyess.  Why would he say that while playing for Detroit?  If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I don't think so.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:29 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I thought he hinted towards it with Dickerson, maybe Im wrong man..either way he did say he strongly considered coming here and almost did but just felt more comfortable going back to a place he knows...
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:16 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I thought he hinted towards it with Dickerson, maybe Im wrong man..either way he did say he strongly considered coming here and almost did but just felt more comfortable going back to a place he knows...

No prob.  You're right about him strongly considering Boston.  Too bad he didn't come.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »

Offline chicagogreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 30
he shoulda stayed put in denver it turns out.  i like the fact that he disparaged the idea of chasing a championship by jumping ship but detroit did trade him, no shame in staying where you got traded to, maybe there is still bad blood from his last go around with denver

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
The way Davis is playing, I think that a vet big is becoming less and less necessity, and more of a luxury.  I think another perimeter player (either wing, or PG) should be the top priority, since it is clear to me that Doc does not have confidence in Pruitt...and having to rely on Allen in the playoffs is incredibly scary.

I disagree strongly with this.  Whereas Davis has played well, don't get me wrong, I cringe at the thought of playing the Cavs with Ilgauskas or the Lakers with Gasol (and even Bynum) if Perkins picks up 2 or 3 quick fouls in the first quarter.  Those guys have the ability to shoot right over the top.  I think we desperately someone else with height.
Jay Wingspan Bilas