Author Topic: Hawks starting strong against Cleveland  (Read 7185 times)

Re: Hawk starting strong against Cleveland
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:51:03 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I doubt we will be 1 on Hollinger Ratings. Too big a discrepancy to catch up in one game. Cleveland's average margin of victory still much greater than C's.

That is ok I would rather have 2 less losses, which to me is more important. Home court advantage is always nice.
People worry to much about the Hollinger Ranking. It is more important for the team to be playing well at any given time. Especially come the end of the year. If the Celtics are the best team in the league, they'll show it on the court again.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
finally someone stops lebron. theres a high chance we lose to utah monday. their perfectionism on their simple offense might just kill our sloppy play as of late.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I doubt we will be 1 on Hollinger Ratings. Too big a discrepancy to catch up in one game. Cleveland's average margin of victory still much greater than C's.

Not in the last 10 games. Plus, the loss tonight drops one of their blowouts from the last 10 games.

Their differential is already down to around 12, and ours is up to 10. An Indiana loss would hurt though since we've already played them 3 times.

It is embarrassing when Lebron tries to hit clutch 3's at the end of games and bricks. That was a lost possession for them. They were killing the Atlanta defense before that and he had all the bigs in foul trouble.

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:57 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Its very likely we can loose to Utah, any team with Sloan behind them will come prepared with a plan but if the Utah Jazz flat out beats us' in the same fashion the Hawks beat the Cavs' i can live with it.

It was a close game for the Cavs all the way until the end' and you can live with those losses and dare i say it would have been different if Big Z was healthy and apart of that 4th qtr
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

That is ok I would rather have 2 less losses, which to me is more important. Home court advantage is always nice.
People worry to much about the Hollinger Ranking. It is more important for the team to be playing well at any given time. Especially come the end of the year. If the Celtics are the best team in the league, they'll show it on the court again.

Nothing is more important than the Hollinger rankings!

;)

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 11:10:34 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
finally someone stops lebron. theres a high chance we lose to utah monday. their perfectionism on their simple offense might just kill our sloppy play as of late.

Its very likely we can loose to Utah, any team with Sloan behind them will come prepared with a plan but if the Utah Jazz flat out beats us' in the same fashion the Hawks beat the Cavs' i can live with it.

I think we can pull it out, the Jazz are notoriously bad on the road compared to playing in SLC.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Utah beat us at home last year, I think th c's will use that as motivation and get the w.....but I wouldnt be suprised at all to lose in the ATL
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 11:39:22 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I think Cleveland is overrated. They have a much easier schedule than the Celtics in their winning streak.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 09:26:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Nothing is more important than the Hollinger rankings!

;)
Of course! TP for restoring my focus on the true goal of the 08-09 Celtics, to dominate media created arbitrary standings.  :P

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 09:28:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think Cleveland is overrated. They have a much easier schedule than the Celtics in their winning streak.
Overrated? I don't think so. They took the Celtics to a close 7 game series last year where they actually outscored us overall. We were the best team last year and Cleveland was the second best in my mind.

I think the teams have stayed at pretty much the same level, the Cavs are just finally doing it in the regular season. The schedule argument is silly though. You're supposed to whup bad teams by 10+ points if you're a title contender most nights.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:34 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Overrated? I don't think so. They took the Celtics to a close 7 game series last year where they actually outscored us overall. We were the best team last year and Cleveland was the second best in my mind.

I think the teams have stayed at pretty much the same level, the Cavs are just finally doing it in the regular season. The schedule argument is silly though. You're supposed to whup bad teams by 10+ points if you're a title contender most nights.

They certainly are good. They're just getting way much more praise than they're suppose to. They're a 55 win team for sure.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

They certainly are good. They're just getting way much more praise than they're suppose to. They're a 55 win team for sure.
They're on pace for 66 wins currently. I think they'll end up with around 60, maybe more. They'll want home court advantage for the ECF against us, so both teams will push a hard during the end of the regular season.

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

They have improved. Adding another shot creator in Mo Williams, who can make plays for himself and for the others, and run on-the-ball screens with Ilgauskas, changed their entire offensive game. They were never an offensive juggernaut and this season, at least so far, they're one.