Author Topic: McHale to coach?  (Read 5579 times)

Re: McHale to coach?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 06:53:15 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
foye was definitely a mistake but let's be honest. everyone was raving about randy foye on draft night. they kept calling him the next dwayne wade. by that i think they met talent wise and not that he carries the ball on evcery single possession.waa waa.
  poor kev. stern definitely hurt his chances making it personal with the whole joe smith thing. i don't follow college hoops anymore really so i did'nt see much of oj mayo but he's looking pretty nasty to me. what's the me first stuff you guys are talking about? something he's done since entering the league? style of play? i did'nt notice anything bad.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 02:24:21 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well, McHale made some good personnel moves and some bad ones, but hiring Wittman to coach the team was one of the bad ones.  McHale will have to do a really crappy job to be as unsuccessful as Wittman. How can any team lose to the Clippers by 25 on its home court? When something like that happens, you know the coach has lost the team.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:01:43 PM by Brickowski »

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
all mchale did was buy punch his ticket out of town...he has no desire (so it would seem) to be a lifelong coach.

so he steps down from his role as VP to that of coach...he finishes out the season (and they'll still suck really bad) and then he resigns at the end of the year...voila!!  problem solved.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
McHale will be able to give Jefferson and Love individual attention he couldn't as an exec.  If Taylor wants vast improvement this season, he made the best move to facilitate it.  If he wanted to tank, his best move would have been to keep Wittman.

I think this will be a formidable team by season's end and a playoff team next season.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 03:41:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
great job by mchale yesterday. The team would have lost at least by 20 to utah but last nite should have won if it wasn't for kevin's love inability to get in free throws.

they are definitely going to win more and ppl will see that kevin mchales only blunder as a gm was that he didn't hire the right coach.