Author Topic: JO could return to practice this weekend.  (Read 8200 times)

Re: JO could return to practice this weekend.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 10:47:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Tommy and Mike said before the game tonight that if he looks good tomorrow, he could play Sunday against the Pacers.

Great! I hope he does, I'm going to the game so it would be nice to see him play in person.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 10:47:58 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Whatever...DA should have never signed the guy. I expect him to play 20 games at a mediocre level and then get hurt again.

Yes.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Would be nice to see him back in action this weekend, but I don't mind easing him back. Remember, he had limited preseason action and barely played once the season started.

He can't be in game-shape. But hey, I'll take 12 minutes if he's got it.

Any word on Shaq for Sunday?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Whatever...DA should have never signed the guy. I expect him to play 20 games at a mediocre level and then get hurt again.

Yes.

if he contributes at all to us getting #18 in the playoffs then he's worth every penny.

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I don't mind JO, still think if he can get close to healthy he will provide some very handy minutes.

Just hope when he does come back he is moving well and looking recovered. I can accept and understand if his form is a bit rusty on his return, that's to be expected I guess. I will be quite concerned if he's still moving like's injured though.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:12 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Bottom line is we are winning basketball games.  There is no incentive to rush guys back like JO and Shaq as long as it's not costing us games.  I think the C's now realize they brought Shaq back too early and now the new rule is 100% healthy or you don't play. 

While I agree that it's been disappointing waiting for JO, I'm not going to jump off his bandwagon just because he's unable to play due to injury.  When he comes back I guarantee you he will make meaningful contributions and you'll all be jumping back on.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 05:02:45 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Of course it has been disappointing to see JO hurt for so long but I really think it's all good for the long run, which means the rest of the season and the playoffs.

When you look at it, JO never had a chance to really sit down for long stretches these last 2 years in Miami because he was basically the 2nd best player on that team. In Boston, he has had the opportunity to sit down for weeks now and from all the reports I've read/heard he is looking very good, which means, in my opinion, that he played through a knee injury right from the start of the season.

Now if he is fully rested he should play at a good level when he comes back and slowly find his rythm, and then hopefully will stay injury free (although I'm not really optimistic about that).

Anyway, I'd rather see JO take his time even if we're short handed than rush back because he looks like a player who can't heal well when playing through the pain.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Doc said he may but be put straight back into a game without even seeing a practice ... either way, it will be a welcome sight.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 06:02:38 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Of course it has been disappointing to see JO hurt for so long but I really think it's all good for the long run, which means the rest of the season and the playoffs.

When you look at it, JO never had a chance to really sit down for long stretches these last 2 years in Miami because he was basically the 2nd best player on that team. In Boston, he has had the opportunity to sit down for weeks now and from all the reports I've read/heard he is looking very good, which means, in my opinion, that he played through a knee injury right from the start of the season.

Now if he is fully rested he should play at a good level when he comes back and slowly find his rythm, and then hopefully will stay injury free (although I'm not really optimistic about that).

Anyway, I'd rather see JO take his time even if we're short handed than rush back because he looks like a player who can't heal well when playing through the pain.

Of course, he did get the summers off.

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:26 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Of course, he did get the summers off.

True, I didn't think of that. My theory goes down then (unless he got injured this summer but I doub it :D).

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I really try to not hold it against a player if he's hurt.  Unless they are babying it or not being diligent with their conditioning and rehab, there's nothing they did wrong per se.

So I'm still giving JON a pass.

I would like to see him healthy though.  I think he'd add a dimension that would help us out a lot.
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 07:55:41 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I kind of assumed that JO was going to miss time with injury.  Just figured that it was part of his total package.  Im really not to worried about it, I just think its one of those things where if you are patient with it now it will pay dividends down the road.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:19 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
My wish list includes both JO&Shaq to be healthy for the playoffs.I like the belated gifts better.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Bingo.

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »

Online moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Good we need Jermaine back, but only if he is one hundred percent healthy.  I'd rather him rest most of the year and be healthy for the stretch run of the season and playoffs.
He could sit out until the playoffs start and by the second round he would have three different ailments.