Author Topic: KYRIE JUST SAID HE PLANS TO RE-SIGN  (Read 8326 times)

Re: KYRIE JUST SAID HE PLANS TO RE-SIGN
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I hope not.

Really? So what's your genius alternate plan? Please fill me in.

When was the last time that a team who's best player was 6' 3" won a championship?
Plus, he could not even make it through last season.

Is that an argument for letting the 6'3" player walk, or an argument for getting even better players than Kyrie?

I would love to know what the backup plan is here.
I don't know either.  I'm not Irving's biggest fan and have real concerns about giving him a 5 year max, but I've consistently said Boston has to offer it to him and the only way I'd trade Irving this year is if he said he was thinking about leaving or wasn't fully committed.  At this point, Irving has now said the right thing so you can't move him and if he changes his mind and leaves next summer, so be it, you gave it your best shot (and I don't think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility that Irving leaves next summer, like say if Durant goes to NY or BKN, Irving might join him type situation).

I do think Boston should trade Rozier or Smart though, because there is no reasonable way to keep both of them.  Just too much salary to use on back-up PG's. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2018, 02:32:10 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kyrie Irving invited a small group of teammates to his house Wednesday to tell them he was going to re-sign in Boston.

Al Horford: "It was a very nice surprise.”

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2018, 11:29:11 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
"Our relationship is growing every single day so I think that he's such an intelligent basketball mind, so I give him his space and then as well as who I am as a player and what I can do out there to create and generate offense and defense, he gives me my space as well. So I just think there's just a mutual respect there. So if he sees something I'm going with it. And if I see something he's going with it as well as the rest of the team. So it's just been an ongoing, growing relationship which I'm appreciative of for the next years to come."

Yup that seals it, too. A growing relationship between him and Stevens  :angel:

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2018, 02:12:24 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
today he want's to resign.   lets see how he feels at the end of the year.   this dude won't be signed till he's signed.   he's flaky like that.

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2018, 02:17:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
today he want's to resign.   lets see how he feels at the end of the year.   this dude won't be signed till he's signed.   he's flaky like that.
What evidence do you have of that?

He has said numerous times how he wants to resign here, and looks forward to his future in Boston. He wants his # retired here
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)