Author Topic: WOJ: As a single star, Nets prefer Russell to Irving?  (Read 4816 times)

Re: WOJ: As a single star, Nets prefer Russell to Irving?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Kyrie to the Lakers would be great. Opens up the possibility that Davis hates his time there and refuses to sign an extension.  Would love to see that franchise go down the toilet with Kyrie being one of the main reasons.

Don't underestimate them. LeBron and Irving went to the Finals together several times. Add that with Anthony Davis who is much better than Kevin Love in all aspects, that team is a serious threat to win multiple titles.

The West isn't as strong as it was in the past. Everyone has gone East or key players in the West are banged up.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie to the Lakers would be great. Opens up the possibility that Davis hates his time there and refuses to sign an extension.  Would love to see that franchise go down the toilet with Kyrie being one of the main reasons.
That would be almost too good. I wonder which would be a more catastrophic failure: this situation or the Kobe-Dwight Lakers
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 10:26:29 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I am really unclear why people keep raising this Lakers thing that has two major problems

1) Kyrie wants to be the top banana. This was even reported as a potential issue with him and Durant signing in New York. He wanted to be the guy that signed first. I don't know how people can just ignore this major aspect of his personality that has been consistent for years, and think he is going to go literally play third banana to Davis and Lebron. Anything is possible, but this would be far and away the most surprising thing to happen in basketball in the last few years.

2) They don't currently have a max slot for kyrie, so kyrie would take a significant paycut on what may be the biggest contract of his year (he has also said he doesn't want to play forever, so this could be close to the end for him). Why would he take a pay cut to play third banana?

If he wanted to be top banana, why leave? It just doesn’t make sense to go someplace worse off and expect better results. If Davis doesn’t take the kicker (Klutch will get him that money back), they will be pretty close, he could sign a 1+1 or whatever to get his mega contract next summer.

If what you’re saying is true, leaving Boston makes zero sense. He would get far and away the most money here, and can remain top banana.

The whole NYC thing about who would sign first was complete and utter nonsense, with absolutely zero credibility. Not a single person reporting it could have that information.

I think he’s prepared to take a backseat to whomever he pairs up with. He’s not a leader, and his stint in Boston proved it (hence his unecessarily-publicized apology to LeBron).

Why would Irving stay in Boston and expect different results ? He does not fit on or off the court. His playing style clashes with what the team was doing and he is a complete whack.

If he committed to Boston, I think it’s pretty obvious Ainge would’ve went in on AD. It would have still been “his” team, he gets his supermax, and the team dynamic changes with a player like AD.

For him to return now, he would have to drastically change his playing style and expectations.

I don’t think either party wants to continue this experiment, so it’s a moot point.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 10:31:41 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Agree....plus those 3 divas deserve each other.

I would much rather see weirdo whack job Kyrie with the Fakers than Horford .

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 08:31:03 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I don't get this idea that Kyrie to the lakers will make them worse, they can hate each other to bits and still win back to back champions, the NBA would love it.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Agree....plus those 3 divas deserve each other.

I would much rather see weirdo whack job Kyrie with the Fakers than Horford .

They would be really thin.  Lebron, Davis, Irving, Kuzma, and the rest of the roster all minimum salary guys.  About half the league has cap space.  I would guess most solid role players would sign say at least a 5 mil contract somewhere else than sign a minimum contract.  Maybe some in the back nine of their career would after making lots of money, but how many out there would do that?

I think they could be better off just splitting the cap space by lets say 5 solid role players.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
That would be almost too good. I wonder which would be a more catastrophic failure: this situation or the Kobe-Dwight Lakers

Lakers always walking the edge with an old Lebron.  He can't play all,out and stay healthy .....meaning play defense as well as offense and not strain something or break something .  He can't out run father time.   

Kyrie gets hurt alot and CP3 is walking injury .