Author Topic: FA season: Suggestion to mods  (Read 5034 times)

FA season: Suggestion to mods
« on: July 01, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Why not a single FA market thread in the Around the NBA topic instead of the 3 threads for each free-agent we are getting (FA opts out; FA going to team with cap space/S&Ted; Will FA move to Boston for the MLE?!?)? It would make the discussion more fluid and enjoyable, IMO. I know there are cons though. Just my 2 cents...

Re: FA season: Suggestion to mods
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What we've done in the past is something along the lines of the "Gilbert Arenas" discussion thread, stickied at the top of the forum.

I can't forsee putting *all* free agent discussion in one thread, though.  I think that would make it too hard to follow. 

One thing we may do, however, is start an official "news" thread, where *only* links to actual news would be permitted (without discussion).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
One thing we may do, however, is start an official "news" thread, where *only* links to actual news would be permitted (without discussion).

thats a great idea that i know would be beneficial for me.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
What we've done in the past is something along the lines of the "Gilbert Arenas" discussion thread, stickied at the top of the forum.

I can't forsee putting *all* free agent discussion in one thread, though.  I think that would make it too hard to follow. 

Yeah, I thought a little bit more and I agree that the cons outweigh the pros. Thanks for answering. I like the "news" thread idea as well.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Why not one thread devoted to each free agent?  So, 1 Maggette thread instead of 3 or 4, 1 Baron Davis thread, one Tony Allen thread, etc.  Seems like a happy medium.  Dunno if that's doable though.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Why not one thread devoted to each free agent?  So, 1 Maggette thread instead of 3 or 4, 1 Baron Davis thread, one Tony Allen thread, etc.  Seems like a happy medium.  Dunno if that's doable though.

a merged maggette thread would be appreciated.  there are so many different ones and some of them turn into the same discussion..