Author Topic: Antoine's life in the D-League...  (Read 14380 times)

Re: Antoine's life in the D-League...
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
When he's done playing, he should do television.  Surely Comcast would take him.
Fire marshall and hire walker.

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Sorry but I dont feel sorry for no one who makes alot of money and then blows it.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 08:22:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Sorry but I dont feel sorry for no one who makes alot of money and then blows it.

article was sayin he 30 to 40 people on his payroll...he was helping out family and friends...

sad part is where are they now

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Interesting that him and Pierce no longer keep in touch. I still have a lot of loyalty to ex-celtics who enjoyed their time here so I am sad to see how far Antoine has fallen, he was a great guy and I wish he could get the contract he needs to pay off his debts just so he can retire with grace.

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Yup, when u have money, u have all kinds of friends and family. But when the money is gone, so are the friends and family.

article was sayin he 30 to 40 people on his payroll...he was helping out family and friends...

sad part is where are they now

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Yup, when u have money, u have all kinds of friends and family. But when the money is gone, so are the friends and family.

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Many an hour I spent as a kid and into young adult life shooting hoops by myself.  I'd play out the playoffs for an imaginary dynasty team along the lines of the Celtics.  After many "seasons" the dynasty was fading with ancient veterans, and along came a savvy young kid who could score from both inside and out.  He could grab a rebound and run the break.  But above all he had an unstoppable spin move from the low post.  If he happened to miss a post shot, he was like a tiger on the glass and he'd put it right back in. 

Years later, when the Celts drafted Antoine I thought this was the guy.  That Washington game is a bittersweet memory for me.  It was the fruition of my dream player for one glorious night. 

Antoine will always be a big letdown for me.  He had the skill set to be something truly special.

The SI article was good, but really the whole saga is just depressing.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Interesting that him and Pierce no longer keep in touch. I still have a lot of loyalty to ex-celtics who enjoyed their time here so I am sad to see how far Antoine has fallen, he was a great guy and I wish he could get the contract he needs to pay off his debts just so he can retire with grace.

I wonder if Paul and Antoine had a fall out ?

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
In five hours Walker will take the court for the Idaho Stampede of the NBA's Developmental League. For now he has agreed to talk about how and why he came to be here—a three-time All-Star living in a $915-a-month apartment he shares with reserve guard Chris Davis, and playing for a salary of less than $25,000. He has no car, subsists mainly on cold cuts and fast food and plays in front of crowds as small as 155.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1195981/1/index.htm

This is a must-read for Antoine fans.  It's a pretty good peak into his life as he attempts to get back to the NBA.

You forgot to add the best part of this article...

TRIVIA QUESTION: Entering this season, how many players in NBA history had won an NCAA title, an NBA title and earned more than $90 million as a pro?

Answer: Two. One is Michael Jordan. The other is Antoine Walker.

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 12:02:18 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
To the people saying they are disappointed Pierce isn't helping him: why? Antoine made a lot of money, why should Pierce give his money to Antoine, instead of a charity or people who never had it all? After all, isn't one of the reasons Antoine is where he is that he tried to bankroll the luxuries of friends and acquaintances?

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
TRIVIA QUESTION: Entering this season, how many players in NBA history had won an NCAA title, an NBA title and earned more than $90 million as a pro?

Answer: Two. One is Michael Jordan. The other is Antoine Walker.

Of note, Richard Hamilton has also joined that club. He had earned $86M going into this season with $5M this year putting him over the $90M threshold. Jason Terry is also on the cusp ($76M + $11M this season), so he's only $3M short.

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
How about this one?

TRIVIA QUESTION: Entering this season, how many players in NBA history had won an NCAA title, won an NBA title and LOST more than $90 million as a pro?

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
How about this one?

TRIVIA QUESTION: Entering this season, how many players in NBA history had won an NCAA title, won an NBA title and LOST more than $90 million as a pro?

guessing Jordan makes that list too
Yup

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
gonna be tuff but i would love to see him make one more run in the nba.

he deserves a chance atleast
If you aren't nba material, you don't deserve a chance.  The article says he is 40lbs overweight and grabs his shorts after 60 seconds of play time.

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
My guy Toine needed to stay in shape and put up super numbers while leading his D-League squad to the best record in the NBDL....and even then he probably wouldn't get a call up....

Too bad Toine, you're only NBA games left are on the 2k series.

He is still my favorite Celtic of all-time.