Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19  (Read 47176 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19
« Reply #780 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Bucks at least answered PP's question about ..... 'where do the Bucks go from here'?

Pierce is such an idiot. People have to learn that you don't give teams bulletin board material to get them motivated, especially in the playoffs. If he was truly pulling for the Celtics like we all know he is, then you wouldn't say stupid, clearly ridiculous things like that, especially on the national stage.

Besides, it's a ludicrous statement from the get-go. It was always more likely that the Bucks would win this game, as it's incredibly rare for the home team to take the first two games on the road, especially from the top overall seed.

PP still learning on the job. He seems to get picked on by Jalen and Chauncey quite a bit on that show.

I have noticed that as well - there are players going back to the 60's who cannot let go of their bitterness towards the Celtics because they were subjected to such painful losses - Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Kareem, Kobe, James Worthy. Billups is still angry about '08. The only guy I feel for is Jerry West, who may have suffered the most and has way too much class to throw out cheap shots years later.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #781 on: April 30, 2019, 10:29:52 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Yes our players shot horribly, but I was more concerned with the lack of quality looks we were getting. The third quarter was a mess with everyone pulling up or taking contested shots.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #782 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
she can interview me

its alot we can talk about..

*sippin*

😁🍷

« Reply #783 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bucks at least answered PP's question about ..... 'where do the Bucks go from here'?

Pierce is such an idiot. People have to learn that you don't give teams bulletin board material to get them motivated, especially in the playoffs. If he was truly pulling for the Celtics like we all know he is, then you wouldn't say stupid, clearly ridiculous things like that, especially on the national stage.

Besides, it's a ludicrous statement from the get-go. It was always more likely that the Bucks would win this game, as it's incredibly rare for the home team to take the first two games on the road, especially from the top overall seed.

PP still learning on the job. He seems to get picked on by Jalen and Chauncey quite a bit on that show.

I have noticed that as well - there are players going back to the 60's who cannot let go of their bitterness towards the Celtics because they were subjected to such painful losses - Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, Kareem, Kobe, James Worthy. Billups is still angry about '08. The only guy I feel for is Jerry West, who may have suffered the most and has way too much class to throw out cheap shots years later.
Wonder if Billups is mad we didn't keep him long-term too
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #784 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:46 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Ok, deep breath I'm not worried... Yet. The thing that bothered me tonight wasn't the loss but the complete and total collapse of the entire team in the third quarter like we did so many times in the regular season.

I'm hoping it's an anomaly for these playoffs and our complete focus returns for the remainder of the series.

The Bucks played a good game tonight and we had a major lapse leading to a blowout. We'll hopefully be back for game 3. We got out of Milwaukee with home court advantage which is still an overall victory.

« Reply #785 on: April 30, 2019, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
What game were people watching? 

I saw a team that played solid defense for the most part until the wheels came off.  I saw a team that got open looks for the most part until the wheels came off.  They were absolutely put in a position to succeed.  They just went stone cold and it snowballed from there.

I get that you’re frustrated and looking for somebody to blame, but sometimes you get sonned.  We did it to them on Sunday and it was our turn tonight.  There is no magic knob to turn on nights like this.

Turn the page and get em on Friday.

Exactly what I just posted, TP. We lost the game in 6 mins of the 3rd where they went to pieces. When you have 4 of your key players go 9-41 from the floor you're not going to win too many games and unfortunately we let the misses affect us defensively in that 3rd quarter.

Brad has to come up with some adjustments to our defensive scheme if Mil are going to keep shooting 20-47 in 3s which they did tonight.

WRONG!!! This game was lost from the git.....Celtics were running with Milwaukee. That is not the pace Cs want to play at. Once Celtics decided to run with Milwaukee the game was over it was just a matter of time.

EVEN Charles echoed this thought at halftime. The Celtics did not play strategically at all. You know Milwaukee was gonna come out guns blazing. Your job is to slow down the game and play at your pace. Once they settled to play at the Bucks pace the game was over it was just a matter of time.

« Reply #786 on: April 30, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Actually loved the way the team was going until Milwaukee got a 7 point lead in the third and then the shots stopped dropping, they went with hero ball threes in the first 6 seconds of the possession for about 5 possessions, and let Milwaukee increase the pace of the game and get into transition.

If Milwaukee wants to shoot 50 threes a game for the rest of this series, I think that seriously favors Boston. I am encouraged by the game 1 win and think the game film is going to be great fodder for Stevens to get these guys to see what they did wrong.

« Reply #787 on: April 30, 2019, 10:32:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I'm not worried. How many people expected us to take both game 1 and 2 on the road?

The goal going in was to get one of the first 2 on the road and we did. On to game 3 and defending homecout.

I expected a split, but didn't expect the Celtics to be demoralized LIKE THAT tonight to the point where the Bucks can potentially win 4 straight thanks to momentum and confidence.

Yeah, that's the thing.  Game 1 was the kind of game that could make a higher seed wonder if maybe the lower seed is actually the better team.  A close Game 2, even if the Bucks won, could have maintained that sense. 

A no-holds-barred blowout like this gives the Bucks confidence and encourages them to play the way they want to play.

I don't think we should discount the possibility that the Bucks build off of this game and really blow the doors of the Celts in Games 3 and 4. 

The Celts absolutely cannot keep up with the Bucks if they're hitting shots like tonight.

God, you're such a pessimist, Pho lol

Yeah, if they're hitting shots like they were tonight for the rest of the games, we won't win this series, because nobody can hang with a team that has a historically good shooting night from three. They're also highly unlikely to both (a) do that again, and (b) do it in Boston.

The way I look at it is it took (a) a historically good shooting night for Milwaukee, (b) Kyrie, Tatum, and Rozier going 8-38 for them to get the win, in Milwaukee, and (c) a super tight and favorable whistle for them to come out on top.

We're still in control of this series having HCA, and I seriously doubt that we shoot as bad and they shoot as good while in Boston.

« Reply #788 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:33 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Actually loved the way the team was going until Milwaukee got a 7 point lead in the third and then the shots stopped dropping, they went with hero ball threes in the first 6 seconds of the possession for about 5 possessions, and let Milwaukee increase the pace of the game and get into transition.

If Milwaukee wants to shoot 50 threes a game for the rest of this series, I think that seriously favors Boston. I am encouraged by the game 1 win and think the game film is going to be great fodder for Stevens to get these guys to see what they did wrong.
Agreed. Only worry is that we keep on playing like we did in the third, which was absolutely putrid. We need to consistently get quality looks, even when the going gets tough.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #789 on: April 30, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
What game were people watching? 

I saw a team that played solid defense for the most part until the wheels came off.  I saw a team that got open looks for the most part until the wheels came off.  They were absolutely put in a position to succeed.  They just went stone cold and it snowballed from there.

I get that you’re frustrated and looking for somebody to blame, but sometimes you get sonned.  We did it to them on Sunday and it was our turn tonight.  There is no magic knob to turn on nights like this.

Turn the page and get em on Friday.

Exactly what I just posted, TP. We lost the game in 6 mins of the 3rd where they went to pieces. When you have 4 of your key players go 9-41 from the floor you're not going to win too many games and unfortunately we let the misses affect us defensively in that 3rd quarter.

Brad has to come up with some adjustments to our defensive scheme if Mil are going to keep shooting 20-47 in 3s which they did tonight.

WRONG!!! This game was lost from the git.....Celtics were running with Milwaukee. That is not the pace Cs want to play at. Once Celtics decided to run with Milwaukee the game was over it was just a matter of time.

EVEN Charles echoed this thought at halftime. The Celtics did not play strategically at all. You know Milwaukee was gonna come out guns blazing. Your job is to slow down the game and play at your pace. Once they settled to play at the Bucks pace the game was over it was just a matter of time.

The point being that despite that we were still in the game after the first half. When we miss shots like we did in the 3rd, that's what creates pace for the other team, and transition opportunities either at the rim or on the perimeter. It's not just about slowing the game down, you have to make shots to force them to walk the ball up the court. Then they started throwing up 3s to try and get the lead down quicker, which all missed and the Bucks converted on the other end and that was pretty much the end of the game. They weren't doing that in the first half anywhere near as much.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #790 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Is James Harden planning to walk around like that the rest of his life ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #791 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:39 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346

Good post and wholly agree. I don't feel too bad about this game and I was someone who was worried Milwaukee would win in 5. I know that's still a possibility, but I just don't feel like Milwaukee "found" an exploitable weakness yet. Maybe that's unfair to them, you don't win by nearly 30 just off playing harder and luck.

Regardless, I am very confident in our chances at home.

« Reply #792 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:50 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
when we in boston?

« Reply #793 on: April 30, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

it only favors Boston if they do not play the same three point happy pace as the Bucks.

« Reply #794 on: April 30, 2019, 10:38:26 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
The Celts resorted back to the dog crap team they were all year in the regular season in the 3rd quarter. Terrible shots and team ball. Need to take care of business in Boston now and get back to the team they were in game 1.