Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19  (Read 47243 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19
« Reply #765 on: April 30, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not worried. How many people expected us to take both game 1 and 2 on the road?

The goal going in was to get one of the first 2 on the road and we did. On to game 3 and defending homecout.

I expected a split, but didn't expect the Celtics to be demoralized LIKE THAT tonight to the point where the Bucks can potentially win 4 straight thanks to momentum and confidence.

Yeah, that's the thing.  Game 1 was the kind of game that could make a higher seed wonder if maybe the lower seed is actually the better team.  A close Game 2, even if the Bucks won, could have maintained that sense. 

A no-holds-barred blowout like this gives the Bucks confidence and encourages them to play the way they want to play.

I don't think we should discount the possibility that the Bucks build off of this game and really blow the doors of the Celts in Games 3 and 4. 

The Celts absolutely cannot keep up with the Bucks if they're hitting shots like tonight.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #766 on: April 30, 2019, 10:24:10 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
TPs for all who suffered til the end of this double root canal of a game.

« Reply #767 on: April 30, 2019, 10:24:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
What game were people watching? 

I saw a team that played solid defense for the most part until the wheels came off.  I saw a team that got open looks for the most part until the wheels came off.  They were absolutely put in a position to succeed.  They just went stone cold and it snowballed from there.

I get that you’re frustrated and looking for somebody to blame, but sometimes you get sonned.  We did it to them on Sunday and it was our turn tonight.  There is no magic knob to turn on nights like this.

Turn the page and get em on Friday.

Exactly what I just posted, TP. We lost the game in 6 mins of the 3rd where they went to pieces. When you have 4 of your key players go 9-41 from the floor you're not going to win too many games and unfortunately we let the misses affect us defensively in that 3rd quarter.

Brad has to come up with some adjustments to our defensive scheme if Mil are going to keep shooting 20-47 in 3s which they did tonight.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #768 on: April 30, 2019, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I'm not worried. How many people expected us to take both game 1 and 2 on the road?

The goal going in was to get one of the first 2 on the road and we did. On to game 3 and defending homecout.

No, I don't think we should be upset about the end result, as a Bucks win was always the most likely result.

What we should be upset about is the way it happened, specifically the poor decision-making and shot selection by both the coaching staff and the players all night long. Kyrie and Tatum both were highly disappointing, but at least with Kyrie I think you see him bounce back in a special way in game three.

« Reply #769 on: April 30, 2019, 10:24:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Were the Bucks praying at halfcourt just now? That's pretty awesome.

« Reply #770 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

I had to see Rozier's scoring explosion in garbage time. ::)

« Reply #771 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »

Online mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Back at ya buddy

« Reply #772 on: April 30, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
9 for 43 from Kyrie, Tatum, Hayward and Rozier. That won't happen again.

« Reply #773 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:21 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Giannis told announcer we got an ass whooping in game one and she almost dropped mic! lol

« Reply #774 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:30 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I mean, this is as bad as we have looked all year, and we're clearly out of whack and sync right now; yet Brad is over there literally just straight-faced, hoarding his timeouts like it's going to matter later in the fourth. God, so frustrating.

Between the p--- poor shot selection all night by Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum and the lack of effective in-game management from the coaching staff, this team can be really, really dumb at times. It's embarrassing.
Time outs not the magic elixir.  He already called one anyway.  At some point the players have to produce.

Yeah, you always say that, but it's simply not true. They ended on a 24-4 run, with us having more turnovers than I can even remember during that run. You seriously think a timeout wouldn't have benefited us to get us an easy bucket for an ATO play?? And besides, what the hell are you saving them for anyways in a blowout game??
He called a time out?!? How many more you want?

MORE THAN ONE! He has four timeouts left in a freaking thirty point blowout. What else is he going to use them for?? You realize that he can call more than one timeout in a quarter, right??
Well technically he had two timeouts.  Didn’t do squat.

I mean, then you keep calling them. It's not that difficult. To not call them means that they just continue reeling in their futility. Keeping those timeouts for late in the game means jack squat if you have no chance of coming back anyways.
Im sorry but that’s ridiculous.  Players simply have to play better.  Zero to do with the coach.

I mean, by your perception of what a coach's responsibilities are, I'm not even sure that they need a coach.  ;)

Seriously, what it is that you think that NBA coaches do, because clearly you don't think that in-game management is part of their job description?
Absolutely I understand that game management is part of their job.  I simply do not believe that calling five timeouts in a quarter is the [dang] solution.  If you need to do that, then game management not the issue.

And who in the whole wide world that knows anything about coaching thinks brad can’t manage a game.  That’s not even a thing.

I mean, nobody said five - I would've settled for two or three. He literally only called one timeout during the third quarter (check the play by play), even in the midst of a 28-2 run.

We're going to end up losing this game by 25+, and we were down by 25 going into the fourth quarter. We're going to end up with three remaining timeouts by the end of the game.

Are you seriously arguing that it was not a mistake to forego more timeouts during that run, even when we had so many to spare? There's LITERALLY no downside to that strategy. It clearly wouldn't have made you play any worse, and could've only improved your play. I think it's incredibly illogical to make that argument.
No, I am arguing that it wouldn’t have made a [dang] difference.  There were technically two stoppages in the middle of the run that did nothing to stop it.

So tell me again how one or two more would have made a difference?

« Reply #775 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
There are no longer any undefeated teams left in the NBA playoffs.

And Kyrie Irving is now 9-1 all-time against Budenholzer's teams in the playoffs

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #776 on: April 30, 2019, 10:27:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Were the Bucks praying at halfcourt just now? That's pretty awesome.

They were doing something, that's for sure  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #777 on: April 30, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
What game were people watching? 

I saw a team that played solid defense for the most part until the wheels came off.  I saw a team that got open looks for the most part until the wheels came off.  They were absolutely put in a position to succeed.  They just went stone cold and it snowballed from there.

I get that you’re frustrated and looking for somebody to blame, but sometimes you get sonned.  We did it to them on Sunday and it was our turn tonight.  There is no magic knob to turn on nights like this.

Turn the page and get em on Friday.

Exactly what I just posted, TP. We lost the game in 6 mins of the 3rd where they went to pieces. When you have 4 of your key players go 9-41 from the floor you're not going to win too many games and unfortunately we let the misses affect us defensively in that 3rd quarter.

Brad has to come up with some adjustments to our defensive scheme if Mil are going to keep shooting 20-47 in 3s which they did tonight.

That missed call on Mirotic grabbing Al's arm and scoring off "The Steal" is when I knew the game was over...

« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
she can interview me

its alot we can talk about..

*sippin*

« Reply #779 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I expected a split, but didn't expect the Celtics to be demoralized LIKE THAT tonight to the point where the Bucks can potentially win 4 straight thanks to momentum and confidence.

Yeah, that's the thing.  Game 1 was the kind of game that could make a higher seed wonder if maybe the lower seed is actually the better team.  A close Game 2, even if the Bucks won, could have maintained that sense. 

A no-holds-barred blowout like this gives the Bucks confidence and encourages them to play the way they want to play.

I don't think we should discount the possibility that the Bucks build off of this game and really blow the doors of the Celts in Games 3 and 4. 

The Celts absolutely cannot keep up with the Bucks if they're hitting shots like tonight.
Do you genuinely expect them to shoot 20-47 from 3 while we shoot 10-28 from 3 and 34-86 from the field for 3 games in a row?

Do you expect Irving, Tatum, Rozier and Hayward to combine for 28 points on 9-43 shooting?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)