Author Topic: 2019 Draft Day Trades  (Read 5660 times)

Re: 2019 Draft Day Trades
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I wonder if Milwaukee might try and sign Horford? They need to clear another $11m in cap space to offer him $25m a year. It'd mean letting go of Lopez and Middleton but imo Horford is worth more than the two of them. Could leave them short on the wing though, they'd have a small amount of cap space left to spend to fill that space.
Horford absolutely is not worth more than Middleton and most especially not for the Bucks.  Good wings are hard to replace.  Giannis only has 2 years left on his contract and a 35 year old Horford isn't going to get Giannis to re-sign.

If they got rid of Middleton they lose their spacing which then makes it easier to guard the Freak.....

So I hope this is what they are doing if DA can get us back to competing in the west. LOL
Adding Horford would pull the opposing center out of the paint, making life easier for GA. That's more important than a good shooting wing in my eyes.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:23 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Boston has offered center Aron Baynes -- $5.4M expiring contract -- into salary cap space elsewhere, league sources tell ESPN. Without Kyrie Irving and Al Horford on the books, moving Baynes without taking back salary could get the Celtics to $23M in space.

Baynes getting moved to clear cap space.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 09:09:31 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Wish free agency start before draft..have FA july 1st then draft july 10th
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I wonder if Milwaukee might try and sign Horford? They need to clear another $11m in cap space to offer him $25m a year. It'd mean letting go of Lopez and Middleton but imo Horford is worth more than the two of them. Could leave them short on the wing though, they'd have a small amount of cap space left to spend to fill that space.
Horford absolutely is not worth more than Middleton and most especially not for the Bucks.  Good wings are hard to replace.  Giannis only has 2 years left on his contract and a 35 year old Horford isn't going to get Giannis to re-sign.

If they got rid of Middleton they lose their spacing which then makes it easier to guard the Freak.....

So I hope this is what they are doing if DA can get us back to competing in the west. LOL
Adding Horford would pull the opposing center out of the paint, making life easier for GA. That's more important than a good shooting wing in my eyes.

Doesn't Lopez do that already?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2019, 09:11:37 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Boston has offered center Aron Baynes -- $5.4M expiring contract -- into salary cap space elsewhere, league sources tell ESPN. Without Kyrie Irving and Al Horford on the books, moving Baynes without taking back salary could get the Celtics to $23M in space.

I really hope they have talked to Baynes about this. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2019, 09:12:13 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 09:15:42 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

I really hope they have talked to Baynes about this. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

Baynes shows up in the practice facility looking for Kyrie/Al like... guys? Guys???
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 09:33:34 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

and I can tell you something else, If Kemba were to accept a max contract with us, he would without a doubt facilitate a sign and trade with Charlotte so that they could get Hayward.

Kemba and Capela to Boston
Hayward and Chris Paul to Charlotte
Smart, Batum and Biyombo to Houston

Who says no?

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I believe Danny is trying to make some sort of big trade today for a vet. But I think in the end they will just end of picking 2 or 3 players

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 09:39:42 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

and I can tell you something else, If Kemba were to accept a max contract with us, he would without a doubt facilitate a sign and trade with Charlotte so that they could get Hayward.

Who says no?

Houston. How does that make their team a contender around Harden? I don't think Houston wants to blow it up, I think the want to contend with their MVP-caliber superstar.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2019, 09:40:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?
Charlotte say no
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?

Houston. How does that make their team a contender around Harden? I don't think Houston wants to blow it up, I think the want to contend with their MVP-caliber superstar.

Batum doesnt need shots, but can make them when called upon and can defend, rebound and pass.
Smart is a best defensively and doesnt need shots but can make them if needed.
Biyombo is shorter of a deal, but does the same things Capela does saving them money.

I think the move makes them better in the short term and long term. Harden keeps his 35% usage rate, but now he has defense on both sides of him and still has a super bouncy center with limited range to set him screens.

Smart
Harden
Batum
Faried
Biyombo

is better balance than they currently have.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 09:48:02 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?
Charlotte say no

Charlotte has been interested in both paul and hayward

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2019, 10:06:26 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Doesn't Lopez do that already?
If he can stay on the floor then yes. Often he can't hang defensively and he'll be on the bench. Horford would be a clear upgrade in that position, a massive jump forward

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

C'mon Kemba Walker!

was my thought exactly.

Who says no?
Charlotte say no

Charlotte has been interested in both paul and hayward
Even MJ isn't stupid enough to lock up that much money in two players on a rebuilding team.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)