Author Topic: Anthony Davis advanced stats  (Read 694 times)

Anthony Davis advanced stats
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:48:53 AM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I watched a video by BBallbreakdown and came across some interesting Davis' advanced stats:

As a roll man, his PPP was in the 71th percentile in the 17-18 season and in the 38th (!!) last season. The 71th percentile is decent, but one would expect him to be a lot higher in that department, especially with his good finishing ability and athleticism. Just for comparison, guys close to him in this ranking are Dieng, Aldridge, M. Gasol, C. Zeller, T. Lyles and Embiid.

When playing center he allows an oppFG% of 63.9% which is good for the 51st place among 59 centers. This could mean he's an unimpactful defensive player who chases highlight plays (blocks).

It was also stated that he does not know how to read a defense very well while posting up and uses wrong post moves a lot of time.
There is also a history of dominant big men (Bosh and Love) not being really dominant anymore when playing with Lebron. Both of those guys practically became spot up shooters, and both were, IMO, better shooters than Davis.

It's true that I haven't watched a lot of Davis, but all of the aformentioned facts coupled with his losing record up until now (251-323, only 2 winning seasons) plus his injury history has left me a feeling of dodging a bullet. I know, I know, I'm coping that he's going to the Lakers, I'm aware of that...
A lot of people will want to compare him to Garnett, but I don't think that it's a valid comparison, because after missing the playoffs in the first year, KG made the playoffs 8 consecutive years after that.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUyEgTCyM88

Re: Anthony Davis advanced stats
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:14:41 AM »

Online CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Shameless self-bump. Anyone that has watched Davis play with any thoughts on this?