Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 30490 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtmzXswyZs

JEEZ LOUISE, TATUM IS HITTING SOME TOUGH FREAKIN' SHOTS ON BROWN LIKE IT'S NOTHING!

8) 8) 8)
Man, Tatum looks beeeefy. A strong upper bodied Tatum is a problem!

[Rooks] One of the more entertaining parts of the day. Jaylen Brown vs Jayson Tatum 1-on-1. Lots of trash talking lol. I asked Jayson who ended up winning. “We played 7 games. Jaylen won 4-3”

Loving the chemistry between the two.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2020, 03:18:02 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

JEEZ LOUISE, TATUM IS HITTING SOME TOUGH FREAKIN' SHOTS ON BROWN LIKE IT'S NOTHING!

8) 8) 8)

[Rooks] One of the more entertaining parts of the day. Jaylen Brown vs Jayson Tatum 1-on-1. Lots of trash talking lol. I asked Jayson who ended up winning. “We played 7 games. Jaylen won 4-3”

Help me - watching these 2 I am dreaming that both continued exponential growth over the last 4 months and are ready to tear the league apart.  I am dreaming right?

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2020, 03:29:34 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

8) 8) 8)

Help me - watching these 2 I am dreaming that both continued exponential growth over the last 4 months and are ready to tear the league apart.  I am dreaming right?

I hope it's not a dream. Boston would then have what it's never had—though should've had with Bias and Lewis—two bonafide superstars not yet in their prime, but not far from it. That would be the best thing Boston's had since Bird-McHale-Parish (I would say Pierce-KG-Allen, but KG's knee ruined that potential dynasty).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2020, 03:48:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

I hope it's not a dream. Boston would then have what it's never had—though should've had with Bias and Lewis—two bonafide superstars not yet in their prime, but not far from it. That would be the best thing Boston's had since Bird-McHale-Parish (I would say Pierce-KG-Allen, but KG's knee ruined that potential dynasty).

We just need to find our KG. But I feel like we have our Pierce/Allen pieces.

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2020, 04:39:24 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

8) 8) 8)

I mean in some ways it was like an offseason and you'd expect Tatum and Brown to be closer to what they would be in their 4th and 5th years.

Its certainly possible they are even better, if for no other reason then any minor injuries or fatigue should be gone.

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2020, 07:33:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Watching Nets v. Pels....in normal circumstances I'd be on a project somewhere, but, I figured I'd get some conditioning in before the C's play this week.

Camera effectively avoids the stands.

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

8) 8) 8)

Really? The KG's Knee that posts here?

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2020, 09:09:32 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

8) 8) 8)

Really? The KG's Knee that posts here?

Lol TP for the laugh.

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2020, 10:10:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

8) 8) 8)

Blame the Utah Jazz for injuring KG back in 2009. That's the game where it all happened, after all. I've hated the Jazz ever since. Still hate them after the Hayward signing.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2020, 10:50:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

8) 8) 8)
10 extra pounds and we'll have our Giannis kyrptonite 8)
Man, that sounds pretty good to me. He’ll never be a Corey Maggette-like ball of muscle, but it should help him generate free throws!
Absolutely. And I think 10 extra pounds of muscle for Tatum will probably put him at or near 240 pounds, which is definitely good enough to play the big positions full time.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2020, 10:52:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Easier said that done though, 08 KG (not even peak KG lol) would likely be one of the best players in the league today if not the best.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2020, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Easier said that done though, 08 KG (not even peak KG lol) would likely be one of the best players in the league today if not the best.

Yeah, it was more of a joke if anything lol. Finding anything similar to KG or Duncan in today's era is probably almost next to impossible.

I do see a lot of parallels of Draymond in Tillman, but I did make a lot of terrible draft selections that thankfully Ainge is 19708419466713181236 steps ahead of me.

« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2020, 11:20:15 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Yeah, it was more of a joke if anything lol. Finding anything similar to KG or Duncan in today's era is probably almost next to impossible.

I do see a lot of parallels of Draymond in Tillman, but I did make a lot of terrible draft selections that thankfully Ainge is 19708419466713181236 steps ahead of me.
Davis and Giannis are probably the closest things to KG and Duncan in the modern league but yeah they are more like general prime year KG/Duncan than peak KG/Duncan.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2020, 11:46:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Max Kellerman "The Celtics can win it all" via First Take

Am I reading this correctly? Max Kellerman of all people? I thought this guy hated Boston teams but dang, gotta agree with him here then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7oxfvyOjg

Hopefully, Walker's knee can be good to go and won't bother him. This season is probably their best chance to win.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2020, 12:07:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Davis and Giannis are probably the closest things to KG and Duncan in the modern league but yeah they are more like general prime year KG/Duncan than peak KG/Duncan.
Put Smart’s brain in Timelord’s body and we’re getting somewhere!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)