Author Topic: At this rate do you still believe Irving will resign?  (Read 5373 times)

Re: At this rate do you still believe Irving will resign?
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Irving dished out 18 dimes tonight!

Cue the crazy swing back to he's going to retire a Celtic!

Seriously. We need a big, sliding scale at the top of this thread, which moves automatically on a game-to-game basis, which measures the consensus view on his willingness to re-sign.

Mike

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
We should definitely trade Kyrie for Ben Simmons. In a tight game against a team like the Raptors, no question he would have finished the game even better than Kyrie.

:o

Ha.

No.

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Seriously. We need a big, sliding scale at the top of this thread, which moves automatically on a game-to-game basis, which measures the consensus view on his willingness to re-sign.

Mike

Team doesn't at least get to the ECF....and I still think Irving is going to think long and hard before resigning

He really wants to "Lebron" the ship next....  and won't be able to as easily (voice heard) , unless this happens  under his watch

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I do think he will re-sign. This is his team right now and will remain that way even if we do acquire AD. If Kyrie joins up with another star, he goes in with less control and the situation could end up less than desirable. He would also make less money.

On a related note, some arbitrary NBA rules seem to be having a negative effect on our team right now. Like, why couldn't we just sign Kyrie to his new contract last summer - why does it have to be an extension on a player's current contract? This wouldn't normally be the case, but the cap spike made this much more complicated.

Also, the Rose rule is essentially making this season a throw-away. Guys like Tatum and Brown (one or both) have to know they are going to be offered for AD this summer. Playing an entire season as a trade chip probably doesn't bring out your very best.

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2019, 07:15:11 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Also, the Rose rule is essentially making this season a throw-away. Guys like Tatum and Brown (one or both) have to know they are going to be offered for AD this summer. Playing an entire season as a trade chip probably doesn't bring out your very best.

I would assume that would make you play better, to increase your perceived value. I can understand that the thought of being unwanted might affect some players though.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Mike

Make the scale a little longer on the "he'll stay" side after his performance against Memphis tonight.

38-11-7 on 14/21 shooting and clutch. Amazing.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Yes
He can be the man in BOS

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2019, 09:38:38 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Mike

I remember there was a poop-o-meter on one of our young players way back when. I believe it was Avery Bradley.