Author Topic: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: We're Doing Better!)  (Read 8239 times)

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: Okay, Worry A Bit Now)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
We'll still be fine in the long run, but for now they've got to figure out what the problems are and fast. Losing home games to the Knicks early in the season is how we potentially lose the chance at home court advantages in the 2nd round and ECF of the playoffs  :(

Also when this team takes a 20+ point lead early, it gets blown fast. Fall behind by 20 early and they mount a comeback that falls short while the other team manages to hold on to it. Repeat. Just frustrating.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We'll still be fine in the long run, but for now they've got to figure out what the problems are and fast. Losing home games to the Knicks early in the season is how we potentially lose the chance at home court advantages in the 2nd round and ECF of the playoffs  :(

Also when this team takes a 20+ point lead early, it gets blown fast. Fall behind by 20 early and they mount a comeback that falls short while the other team manages to hold on to it. Repeat. Just frustrating.

You seriously got your glass half full. The SECOND ROUND and ECF?? How about the first round like as a 7 or 8 seed?

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2018, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

You seriously got your glass half full. The SECOND ROUND and ECF?? How about the first round like as a 7 or 8 seed?

Love the optimism!  :P

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Love the optimism!  :P

Why would I be optimistic? They lose at home to the Knicks after two previous losses. What is there to be optimistic about? Their effort? their desire? Or just that they were anointed the Eastern Conference based on last year? Sorry, but until I see effort as a team I cannot be optimistic. Yes I see individual effort from players like Kyrie and Smart at times, but there is no consistent "team" effort or "team" heart. It wouldn't even be half this bad if I thought they cared.

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: Get Ready To Roll!)
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
How we feeling now guys!  ;D

Yeah we obviously still have lots of work to do and we're still far from a perfect team. But that was a BIG statement win tonight and probably Hayward's best game so far this season. Now start racking up more wins as the schedule eases up and we're in a good spot   :)
If we beat Utah tomorrow the following games are

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10 at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.

0-2 so far. We might end up 4-5 with our wins coming against Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas. Yeeshk! The team is playing U-G-L-Y right now
- LilRip

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: Okay, Worry Just A Bit)
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2018, 11:37:57 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I predict we're going to land at around 50 wins now, I'm hoping we're playing at the level we need to play by then. I don't think we realistically have a chance at the finals this year though because the possibility of home court in the playoffs is diminishing every game.

In the next few games I predict we beat Atlanta (unless trae young unloads on us for 50) and lose to the mavs and pels.

My bet is that when Ainge decides this isn't our year he'll trade Rozier. Another week or two of .500 ball and I think he's considering it (if he isn't already). Why just let him walk if we don't really need his services this year anyway?

I think that could be the mark that the team is looking to next year instead.

Or we could reel of 15 straight wins and no one remembers this start.

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: Get Ready To Roll!)
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
How we feeling now guys!  ;D

Yeah we obviously still have lots of work to do and we're still far from a perfect team. But that was a BIG statement win tonight and probably Hayward's best game so far this season. Now start racking up more wins as the schedule eases up and we're in a good spot   :)
If we beat Utah tomorrow the following games are

@Charlotte
NYK
@Atlanta
@Dallas
@NOP
Cleveland
@Minnesota
NYK
@Chicago

At that point we could well be 18-7 and have played 15 games on the road vs just 10 at home. That's a dang good start to the season and could and should be reality.

0-2 so far. We might end up 4-5 with our wins coming against Cleveland, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas. Yeeshk! The team is playing U-G-L-Y right now

I saw us losing @CHA (we just don't seem to win games @CHA honestly and it's a struggle there), but the home loss to a 4 (now 5) win Knicks team was bad.

We can hope it rejuvenates them but otherwise yeah we could still remain around .500 2 weeks from now. I'm keeping the faith though! We're going on a run soon   8)

Re: R-E-L-A-X, We'll Be Just Fine (Update: We're Doing Better!)
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2018, 09:47:01 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
We're starting to flip the script for good  ;D

We play inconsistent, hit "rock bottom" vs NYK at home 2 weeks ago, win 4 of our next 5 (including 2 quality road wins over NOP & MIN), then come back and return the favor to the Knicks at home last night.

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2018, 12:47:25 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
We're starting to flip the script for good  ;D

We play inconsistent, hit "rock bottom" vs NYK at home 2 weeks ago, win 4 of our next 5 (including 2 quality road wins over NOP & MIN), then come back and return the favor to the Knicks at home last night.

6th in the league average scoring margin at +5.4 and top in average scoring margin over the last four games at +21.8 (including wins over two teams who are also top 11 in scoring margin over the last three games, new orleans [top 10 for the year] and minnesota).

the eye test also shows that the team is playing completely differently on offense, moving the ball, going to the basket and taking better shots. averaging 29.8 ast/game over the last four games (golden state current top in the league on the year at 27.9 ast/game).

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i like the energy and passing of late.

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2018, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Ahh yes, this is more like it. Ball is moving, more energy to start the games. I really like the 2nd unit of Rozier, Hayward and Brown. Hayward is a great playmaker.

At always I watch assists and as long as we're above 30 per game,  we're  fine. A few weeks ago I said 40 games would be a bench mark and thought 22-8 would be good but I will take 19-11.  We should run off the next 5 playing like this.

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2018, 05:56:12 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Overall most players are doing much better and the offense is quite fluent. However they still take too many threes. We have to implement post play and back cuts and be more agressive when driving to the basket. I liked the fact that Stevens got Horford more involved in the offense through pick-and-roll in the second quarter.

On defense I really don't think Tatum/Morris/Horford is the trio you want to prolong as your starting frontcourt. That doesn't offer enough rebounding and inside defense. After a fantastic start Morris has cooled off quite a bit (only shooting 35% form 3 in the last 8 games, and not a single block btw) and I really don't think there's much reason to keep giving him so many minutes.