Author Topic: Celtics (37-26) at Hawks (37-25) 4/20  (Read 55792 times)

Re: Celtics (37-26) at Hawks (37-25) 4/20
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2012, 03:08:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just got back from the game. There were more celtics jerseys than hawks jerseys in the arena, as usual.

The funny thing is that I had passes for the teams' shoot around before the game started, and when I got there Bass was warming up. I watched him for what seemed like half an hour, and he missed maybe two shots in that time. I thought to myself: "this guy is going to have a great shooting night tonight." What was it they said about practice?
dlpin... do you watch many shoot arounds?  NBA players rarely miss in warmups.  I use to go to a bunch of Sonics games in the mid 90s and always would get there a couple hours early just to hang out court-side and watch the warmups.  Best guy I ever saw warming up was Detlef Schrempf ...  guy had a routine where he'd basically shoot from every single spot on the court.  I'm not sure I ever saw him miss. 

« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2012, 03:13:07 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just got back from the game. There were more celtics jerseys than hawks jerseys in the arena, as usual.

The funny thing is that I had passes for the teams' shoot around before the game started, and when I got there Bass was warming up. I watched him for what seemed like half an hour, and he missed maybe two shots in that time. I thought to myself: "this guy is going to have a great shooting night tonight." What was it they said about practice?
dlpin... do you watch many shoot arounds?  NBA players rarely miss in warmups.  I use to go to a bunch of Sonics games in the mid 90s and always would get there a couple hours early just to hang out court-side and watch the warmups.  Best guy I ever saw warming up was Detlef Schrempf ...  guy had a routine where he'd basically shoot from every single spot on the court.  I'm not sure I ever saw him miss. 
Just checked Det's stats from that season:  19.2 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 1.1 steal... 52% shooting, 51% from three, 84% from the line

... Yup... pretty sure he never missed in practice. 

Hah.  But point is, NBA guys rarely miss during wide open shoot arounds.  Game time is a different thing.

« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
A couple of hawk fan reactions post game.  :)

Hawks are in shambles right now. And the crowd cheers for almost every spurt the Celtics make. What's up with that? I thought this is being played at Philips Arena.

I thought so too, man I hope the fans aren't like this in the playoffs

How much confidence can you have taking on a team if you can't even handle their d team?

I've never been so disappointed after a win.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2012, 07:15:01 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This was a confidence builder and "LIVE" practice for the newer "C's", gave them a chance to work together under fire.

Quis seems to be getting his game back .  I was impressed with his effort.

Hawks didn't win anything but the score in this game. It was all Celtics heart.

« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2012, 02:35:09 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218