Author Topic: Way to go, J.D.!  (Read 16220 times)

Way to go, J.D.!
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:54:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
J.D. Drew just hit a 2-run homer to tie up the all-star game with 2 outs in the 7th inning.  Sweet.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Way to go, J.D.!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
j.d. drew for mvp!
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Cmon Pap. Shut the Yank fans up.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Well, that didn't work out so well.  Nice throw, Navarro.   :P

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Well we've all always known Yankee fans aren't very smart, but that last inning was a true display of stupidity. They would rather lose the game and be able to boo Papelbon, learn to read and think for yourselves and you would realize you are being the puppets of a second rate newspaper in New York.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 11:12:08 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

Well, that didn't work out so well.  Nice throw, Navarro.   :P

No it didn't. Cinco Ocho needed to hold him better but that run was on Navarro

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Well we've all always known Yankee fans aren't very smart, but that last inning was a true display of stupidity. They would rather lose the game and be able to boo Papelbon, learn to read and think for yourselves and you would realize you are being the puppets of a second rate newspaper in New York.

Why should Yankee fans care if the AL wins or loses?  They know they aren't sniffing the WS anyway.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:18:06 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Why should Yankee fans care if the AL wins or loses?  They know they aren't sniffing the WS anyway.
Let alone a shot at the wild card.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:10 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Nice job JD, I'm happy for him this year.  He deserves it after the year he went through last year.

That inning with Pap definitely reminded me why I hate the Yankees and their fans.  The Celts have made my sports world a lot brighter the last month or so, that was probably the first time I've really been angry watching sports since. 

At least that run wasn't on Papelbon, Kevin Cash would've thrown the guy out easily.  :)
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
Jonathan Papelbum-- haha that was great!

If anyone thinks Papelbon is a better closer than Mariano then your sadly mistaken.  Check out the numbers, Mariano is simply overpowering and overly dominate, Papelbon on the other hand, not so much.  Where does he get off thinking he should be the closer over Mariano? number 1- why should he ever think that? and #2 never ever in Yankee Stadium when he and Mariano are on the roster.  Mariano is the better closer, hands down.

I dont like papelbon, sorry sox fans.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Nice.  Paps won't get the loss.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Jonathan Papelbum-- haha that was great!

If anyone thinks Papelbon is a better closer than Mariano then your sadly mistaken.  Check out the numbers, Mariano is simply overpowering and overly dominate, Papelbon on the other hand, not so much.  Where does he get off thinking he should be the closer over Mariano? number 1- why should he ever think that? and #2 never ever in Yankee Stadium when he and Mariano are on the roster.  Mariano is the better closer, hands down.

I dont like papelbon, sorry sox fans.

Yeah that was a real intelligent article.  Nice headline considering they ran the quote from Pap saying that Rivera should close the game.  The New York media is crap. 

Rivera's one of the best all time no doubt about it, and I think he's a good guy.  He definitely should be closing tonight.  However, how interesting would history be if he hadn't blown Game 7 against the DBacks, or Game 4 against the Sox.  The Yanks might have a couple more and we might still be talking about the Curse.  Thank God he blew both of those saves.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline BigDanz2000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
But did Papelbon say what he said? yes he did and then backtracked, why did he? who knows but he originally said it.  That only leads me to believe that he truly meant it.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 11:36:26 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
But did Papelbon say what he said? yes he did and then backtracked, why did he? who knows but he originally said it.  That only leads me to believe that he truly meant it.

God forbid an athlete have confidence in himself.  ::)
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 11:37:47 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
He said that he wanted to close the game.  He said that Rivera should close the game.  He didn't back track on anything.