Author Topic: Terry Francona is way to classy a guy to do this...but I'm not!!  (Read 5136 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would bat Jeter Second and ARod third then after the bottom of the first, pull them out and never let another Yankee in the game.

Also let Manny, Pedroia, and Youkilis play the entire game and if the AL is winning end the All-Star game in Yankee stadium with following players on the field:

1st - Kevin Youkilis
2nd - Justin Pedroia
SS - Michael Young
3rd - Joe Crede
LF - Manny Ramirez
CF - Grady Sizemore
RF - J.D. Drew
C - Jason Varitek
RP - Jonathan Papelbon

Think that would go over well with the fans in the Bronx and the Steinbrenner idiots in the owner's box?

Yeah, neither do I, which is why I would do it in a heartbeat because you know the locals will be expecting Mariano to be closing out the last All-Star game played in The House that Ruth Built.

Ahhhhh. I am afraid Tito is just too nice a guy and a student of the game to do it. But I would in a NY Minute.

Re: Terry Francona is way to classy a guy to do this...but I'm not!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:50:08 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
typo

Dustin, not Justin

Comparing Terry to Torre, I think Torre gave every single Sox player the chance to be front and center in 1999 at Fenway, including picking Pedro to start against none other than Curt Schilling.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Jeter and Arod don't even have to hit, start them in the field (I'm assuming AL stadium, NL hits first) then pinch hit for them - that would be classic
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
My plan is the exact opposite....

Make Rivera pitch 9 innings. 
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

Offline jobarules

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 3

Would probably be the more hurtful of the 2 ideas. The first one would not make too much of a difference.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 05:16:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Would probably be the more hurtful of the 2 ideas. The first one would not make too much of a difference.

Pitch him 5 innings then make him replace Varitek at catcher ;D
Yup

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 05:54:32 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Absolutely, joba.  Tiring Rivera's arm would certainly have the greater long-term effect on the hated Yanks...fortunately for you, that likely won't be an issue, of course...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Wow you guys are ruthless.

All I wanted to do was get the Yankee faithful up in a roar and anger the hell out of them and stick it to the Steinbrenners.

You know the way the people in NY would want things to play out is for Arod and Jeter to play a major portion of the game, be the reason the East wins and then have Rivera go out and close it for the save. Every Yankee fan with a ticket wants that to happen so bad it's killing them.

I want the Yankees to have no input into this game whatsoever and I want the Red Sox players to be the main reason for the win. That way when all those Yankee idiots talk about the last All Star game at Yankee Stadium ever, they have to tell their kids and grandkids it was the Redsox who dominated and won the game.

I happen to think Rivera and Jeter are class guys and would never want to try and hurt them to help our cause. ARod, well I would have no problem going Nancy Kerrigan on his knees.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »

Offline jobarules

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 3

All I wanted to do was get the Yankee faithful up in a roar and anger the hell out of them and stick it to the Steinbrenners.

You know the way the people in NY would want things to play out is for Arod and Jeter to play a major portion of the game, be the reason the East wins and then have Rivera go out and close it for the save. Every Yankee fan with a ticket wants that to happen so bad it's killing them.

I want the Yankees to have no input into this game whatsoever and I want the Red Sox players to be the main reason for the win. That way when all those Yankee idiots talk about the last All Star game at Yankee Stadium ever, they have to tell their kids and grandkids it was the Redsox who dominated and won the game.

I happen to think Rivera and Jeter are class guys and would never want to try and hurt them to help our cause. ARod, well I would have no problem going Nancy Kerrigan on his knees.

Well adopting one of the ideas of one of your very own hometown heroes, Mr. Brian Scalabrine, when we Yankee fans are telling our kids about the last all-star game at Yankees stadium, we can pretty much tell them whatever we want. We can tell them that Derek Jeter hit a home run and then even switched over to pitcher for a part of the game and pitched 3 shutout perfect innings to set-up for Mariano Rivera to strike out the side in the 9th to get the save.

It would also probably be a lot more humiliating if this plan went into action and the AL lost because Boston players didn't hit the ball than if the AL won without any input from Yankee players. Meaning there would be a lot more negative for you than positive.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 06:07:59 PM by jobarules »

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Well adopting one of the ideas of one of your very own hometown heroes, Mr. Brian Scalabrine, when we Yankee fans are telling our kids about the last all-star game at Yankees stadium, we can pretty much tell them whatever we want. We can tell them that Derek Jeter hit a home run and then even switched over to pitcher for a part of the game and pitched 3 shutout perfect innings to set-up for Mariano Rivera to strike out the side in the 9th to get the save.

It would also probably be a lot more humiliating if this plan went into action and the AL lost because Boston players didn't hit the ball than if the AL won without any input from Yankee players. Meaning there would be a lot more negative for you than positive.

In what way? You do know the Sox want to lose this game so when they sweep the World Series again they can clinch in Fenway right?

Losing this game has one positive for the Sox and zero negatives. I thought a Yankee fan would understand this. The Red Sox are now all about winning rings, who cares about All-Star games. You do remember being all about wining titles don't you? Or has it been so long since the last title that something like that concept now escapes Yankees fans minds completely?

Just kidding, dude!! ;D ;D

My wish is that Francona gives his troops a rest. With Japan and playing the most roads games in the league so far, it has been a long first half. Let the Sox rest and let the Yanks closeout the Stadium in style. 26 titles at the Stadium says they've earned that rite.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 02:41:48 AM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
Jason Varitek should not be on that team in any capacity....

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:23:15 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
typo

Dustin, not Justin

Comparing Terry to Torre, I think Torre gave every single Sox player the chance to be front and center in 1999 at Fenway, including picking Pedro to start against none other than Curt Schilling.

Torre is a class act.