Author Topic: Disturbing Dolt Dolan  (Read 1250 times)

Disturbing Dolt Dolan
« on: January 16, 2024, 05:10:19 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
New York Knicks team owner James Dolan was named in a lawsuit filed in California alleging that he sexually assaulted and trafficked a masseuse.

The lawsuit was filed on Jan. 16 and claims that in November 2013 Dolan sexually assaulted the plaintiff, Kellye Croft, while his band was on tour with The Eagles. In that instance, the lawsuit alleges that while Croft was massaging Dolan the Knicks team owner was "extremely assertive, and pressured Ms. Croft into unwanted sexual intercourse with him," despite her being adamant that she did not want to engage in any sexual activity with him. Following that incident, according to the lawsuit, Dolan repeatedly made sexual advances toward Croft.

In another incident at end of 2013, the lawsuit states that Croft was flown out to California in what she thought was to work as a massage therapist. However, the lawsuit states those were "fradulent pretenses" and instead Croft was "trafficked" by Dolan to "engage in unlawful and unwelcome sex acts with her."

The lawsuit also alleges that Dolan "fraudulently coordinated" a meeting between Croft and convicted sex offender and former movie producer Harvey Weinstein in January 2014, which led to Croft being sexually assaulted by Weinstein. The lawsuit alleges that Dolan knew about Weinstein's history of sexually assaulting and abusing women, and when Croft alerted Dolan of the sexual assault by Weinstein he did nothing about it.

"I have suffered so profoundly because of what James Dolan and Harvey Weinstein did to me years ago, and it was not an easy decision to come forward and seek justice," Croft said in a statement. "But for me, to truly address my trauma, I need to seek accountability. James Dolan manipulated me, brought me to California to abuse me, and then set me up for a vicious attack by Weinstein. My hope is that my lawsuit will force Dolan to acknowledge what he did to me and to take responsibility for the harm he has caused."

———

Source: CBS Sports
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:28:11 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Disturbing Dolt Dolan
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 07:37:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He sexually assaulted her, then later puts her on a private plane for cross-country "masseuse" services?  And she of course goes along with it?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 09:04:16 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
He sexually assaulted her, then later puts her on a private plane for cross-country "masseuse" services?  And she of course goes along with it?
simply because dolan may have assaulted and used her does not mean she is always making the best decisions. but it does mean dolan assaulted and used her.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 11:53:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
simply because dolan may have assaulted and used her does not mean she is always making the best decisions. but it does mean dolan assaulted and used her.

Does it?  By what standard of proof?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 12:04:21 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I think the better way to phrase it is that her traveling on a plane at Dolan’s request subsequent to when she says she has been assaulted is not evidence that she wasn’t assaulted the first time.  Such behavior is not uncommon with sex trafficking victims, and, in fact, is why sex trafficking is unfortunately widespread.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 07:39:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think the better way to phrase it is that her traveling on a plane at Dolan’s request subsequent to when she says she has been assaulted is not evidence that she wasn’t assaulted the first time.  Such behavior is not uncommon with sex trafficking victims, and, in fact, is why sex trafficking is unfortunately widespread.

It's evidence.  It's not absolute proof.