Author Topic: Can these teams be fixed?  (Read 2464 times)

Re: Can these teams be fixed?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024, 10:47:34 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Lakers players are trying to get Darvin Ham fired..  I'm sure that will fix them.

I saw that. What coach is even available that would replace him?

Mike Budenholzer? Doc Rivers? Mark Jackson? Maybe they can somehow pry Kenny Atkinson to join them at the end of season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2024, 10:53:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Lakers players are trying to get Darvin Ham fired..  I'm sure that will fix them.

I saw that. What coach is even available that would replace him?

Mike Budenholzer? Doc Rivers? Mark Jackson? Maybe they can somehow pry Kenny Atkinson to join them at the end of season.

Interesting names. I don’t think doc would go back without a full season out, his contract may even preclude it in the first year. Jackson would be a disaster. I think Mike b would be a really interesting choice though.

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2024, 06:01:34 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Lebron is a coach killer.

lets not forget he also wanted spoelstra fired.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2024, 06:13:46 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I saw a comment saying that Ham sending D-Russell to the bench alongside A Reaves and leaving LeBron as the sole ball-handler and passer in the starting lineup is what has caused many in the team to second guess him.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2024, 08:03:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
DeAndre Hunter is the only one left and he isn't up to the job. He is not a starting caliber player. He is a player like Grant Williams. Hunter has conned people with his draft pick and ppg numbers. He is another Grant Williams. A solid bench PF/SF. Nothing more, nothing less.
I always liked DeAndre Hunter, perhaps because he usually plays well against the C's. He's a better defender than Grant and probably a better shooter too. Without looking at the salary numbers, I would love him on the C's. Brad just is stated yesterday that they are looking for another big wing, but hoping that comes from internal development (Brissett? Stevens? not sure what he meant by that). See "Celtics Regular Season News" thread, top of page 15:
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=108464.msg3211210#new

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2024, 08:24:10 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
DeAndre Hunter is the only one left and he isn't up to the job. He is not a starting caliber player. He is a player like Grant Williams. Hunter has conned people with his draft pick and ppg numbers. He is another Grant Williams. A solid bench PF/SF. Nothing more, nothing less.
I always liked DeAndre Hunter, perhaps because he usually plays well against the C's. He's a better defender than Grant and probably a better shooter too. Without looking at the salary numbers, I would love him on the C's. Brad just is stated yesterday that they are looking for another big wing, but hoping that comes from internal development (Brissett? Stevens? not sure what he meant by that). See "Celtics Regular Season News" thread, top of page 15:
https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=108464.msg3211210#new

The stats don't bear that out, Grant is a better shooter both for their careers and in the past 1.5 seasons. Hunter shoots more and likely more difficult shots, but he's just a 36% career shooter from 3. He's a way better scorer, but I don't really think he's a better shooter.

As for his contract, he signed a 4/$90 million extension before last season and it just started this year. That's a pretty movable contract for the Hawks if they wanted to move him (not to us, but to other teams), but it's also a pretty good deal if they want to keep him. He's making more than Grant, but given his flexibility and scoring it's a better deal.
I'm bitter.