Author Topic: Celtics (11-2) at Hornets (3-9) Game #14 11/20/23  (Read 17515 times)

Re: Celtics (11-2) at Hornets (3-9) Game #14 11/20/23
« Reply #555 on: November 22, 2023, 02:05:32 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375

I did not watch the game, but I was sent this image this morning. Accurate summary?

What happened there was that Tatum was trapped after the KP screen, KP rolled to the rim, JT passed to Jaylen with 11 seconds left Jaylen decided to shoot the 3 right after he got the ball with KP open in the middle. Melo was trying to help on KP but he stuck with Hauser when he saw Jaylen had decided to shoot. KP was wide open as you can see. I think the plan was for Jaylen to take a shot because they were expecting that Jaylen's defender would rotate on to KP but that defender didn't but Jaylen decided to shoot anyway. He's slower on his reads with that stuff, he's better at just executing set plays where he doesn't have to improvise. A person with a quicker read would have planned for KP rolling to the rim and then being ready to dump it in there if it happened for the easy play at the rim, and to take the 3 if not, but Jaylen had decided to shoot a premeditated three even before Jayson got him the ball.

Plus they were probably trying to get a 2 for 1. This is my issue with trying to get a 2 for 1 at the end of the game, it's one thing to throw up a shot in the first quarter or 2nd, but at the end of the game shouldn't you be going for the best shot, rather than throwing up a bad one just so you can get an extra possession? I don't know I'm probably old fashioned, the way the game is these days they probably have their stats nerds telling them there's an 67.34% chance of winning if they manage to get an extra possession even if they miss, and a 88.61% chance of winning if they successfully complete the 2 for 1  :angel:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 02:23:40 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Celtics (11-2) at Hornets (3-9) Game #14 11/20/23
« Reply #556 on: November 22, 2023, 08:22:16 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I always hate the 2 for 1 to be honest. Always ends up with one poor shot and then the final good shot.

I guess you could get lucky and hit the poor rushed shot. But it usually doesn't work out that way