Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully  (Read 40378 times)

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe Stevens will give us some insight during his postgame comments.

yeah. Somebody put him in an awkward spot. Somebody

For someone on his/her high horse last week about remaining true to the C's as a fan after Rondo was traded, you sure do hold random grudges against a lot of players.

dude chill, I'm just joking.  He is prob upset about lack of playing time.

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
gary washburn ?@GwashburnGlobe  1m1 minute ago
Sullinger left the locker room before media was allowed in and Jeff Green left without speaking to reporters #celtics

Ouch! Jeff Green too. Something is up

I wonder if Coach Stevens is losing the locker room ...

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 10:19:08 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Sullinger left the locker room before media was allowed in and Jeff Green left without speaking to reporters #celtics

I'm wondering this, too. 

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2725

I'm wondering this, too.

When he plays guys that arrived a day ago over guys that have been working their butts off since this summer, and the guys that just arrived are widely considered role players, then yeah, I can see how he can lose the locker room.

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 10:22:24 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

He's in a tough position right now. He has five bigs that all deserve playing time, and three SFs that also all deserve playing time.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 10:23:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I'm wondering this, too.

When he plays guys that arrived a day ago over guys that have been working their butts off since this summer, and the guys that just arrived are widely considered role players, then yeah, I can see how he can lose the locker room.
not as farfetched an idea as one would hope.

can see why Sully would be frustrated with the coaching.  his bread and butter is around the basket and he's not performing as well as he thinks he should by staying out at the 3 line.  just a possibility.

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He is benching guys who don't try and also benching a guy who can't play well against length or athletic ability.  Zeller played hard,  Smart played hard.   The new guys put forth effort.   Green played ok but got benched, I think for not taking shots.  AB played well for the most part.  Bass played hard.   Turner played.  Oly came to play.  We get way behind in the beginning and come back, something that takes effort from the team.   

Only one guy did not put forth effort, how is that losing the team?  That one guy on this team is lazy, thinks he is an alpha dog.  But he is not, hope he enjoys his fine.  Sherrod really hung out to dry on that one. 

can see why Sully would be frustrated with the coaching.  his bread and butter is around the basket and he's not performing as well as he thinks he should by staying out at the 3 line.  just a possibility.

I call BS on this one, he hangs out there  because he wants to, Oly plays the same position and he scores inside and out.   Do you think they change the offense when KO gets in the game just for him.    Problem is Sully does not move and simply hangs out waiting for the three.   Tonight he went inside a few times but struggles against athletic guys and tall guys too.   Guy is out of shape and can't move well so he loves just standing there and waiting.   He likes shooting threes, remember the preseason.     

There is a reason he fell in the draft folks.   Part of was his back injury but part of it was some of the worst athletic scores in the combine tests of  his year.  He has a knack for rebounding and good hands those are the things he is really good at.   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:32:45 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »

Offline piercetruth34

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
I wouldn't jump to conclusions on these guys yet. Bill Russell left the team once because he wasn't being played and was like if i'm not going to play why am i here.  He turned out alright.

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sully must be frustrated. The game moves much faster than he does, by the time he's down court and heading to the 3 point line they've already shot the dam ball. He must wonder what the hurry is.

Now he has to turn around and lumber up court and go play 8-10 seconds of defense again.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the team losing the game, it's about losing his minutes.

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Link:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/547583909186514944

Quote:

#Celtics haven't opened locker room to media yet, but Jared Sullinger has already headed to the bus. #CelticsTalk

That is concerning. Could he be traded? Or is it problems between him and coach?

Not good. Could he be frustrated with the Rondo trade?

Why should he particularly care if Rondo's gone? It's not like they went through wars together like KG and Pierce. Rondo was mostly injured during Sully's time in Boston.

I think that some of the younger players (Sully and Bradley come to mind) talked about what a good mentor Rondo was for them.

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
Link:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/547583909186514944

Quote:

#Celtics haven't opened locker room to media yet, but Jared Sullinger has already headed to the bus. #CelticsTalk

That is concerning. Could he be traded? Or is it problems between him and coach?

Not good. Could he be frustrated with the Rondo trade?

Why should he particularly care if Rondo's gone? It's not like they went through wars together like KG and Pierce. Rondo was mostly injured during Sully's time in Boston.

I think that some of the younger players (Sully and Bradley come to mind) talked about what a good mentor Rondo was for them.

well there you go, if Rondo is your mentor then you are already starting off in a bad place

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

He is benching guys who don't try and also benching a guy who can't play well against length or athletic ability.  Zeller played hard,  Smart played hard.   The new guys put forth effort.   Green played ok but got benched, I think for not taking shots.  AB played well for the most part.  Bass played hard.   Turner played.  Oly came to play.  We get way behind in the beginning and come back, something that takes effort from the team.   

Only one guy did not put forth effort, how is that losing the team?  That one guy on this team is lazy, thinks he is an alpha dog.  But he is not, hope he enjoys his fine.  Sherrod really hung out to dry on that one. 

I call BS on this one, he hangs out there  because he wants to, Oly plays the same position and he scores inside and out.   Do you think they change the offense when KO gets in the game just for him.    Problem is Sully does not move and simply hangs out waiting for the three.   Tonight he went inside a few times but struggles against athletic guys and tall guys too.   Guy is out of shape and can't move well so he loves just standing there and waiting.   He likes shooting threes, remember the preseason.     

There is a reason he fell in the draft folks.   Part of was his back injury but part of it was some of the worst athletic scores in the combine tests of  his year.  He has a knack for rebounding and good hands those are the things he is really good at.   
now THAT'S BS. 

you're posting your opinions and speculation and trying to pass it off as fact.  Sully wasn't the only guy on the floor while they were getting pasted in the first quarter.  the whole team was playing lackadaisical offense and defense.

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I'm wondering this, too.

I think this is a concern now. Maybe it's all the above

lack of playing time for Sully? maybe very frustrated or as you said losing the locker room. Either way, I hope we have an answer soon. This is one of the frustrations of a rebuild. Your team sucks, players wants to win

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Sully is  paid to play basketball not to sulk.   He should be a professional and do his job, sucks they traded his buddy.  Life goes on.   While your at it, how about being a professional and coming into camp in shape as well.  If he does not like it here, I am sure we could get a second rounder for him.

Bradley, I thought shot well tonight.   Didn't seem to affect him if it was the case.   

Sully must be frustrated. The game moves much faster than he does, by the time he's down court and heading to the 3 point line they've already shot the dam ball. He must wonder what the hurry is.

Now he has to turn around and lumber up court and go play 8-10 seconds of defense again.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the team losing the game, it's about losing his minutes.

Spot on, very accurate assessment.   TP, sometimes even he starts on the three point line he doesn't even make it back on defense.  One would think with this head start he would but he does not.

maybe very frustrated or as you said losing the locker room.

I think I proved this to be an utter falsehood.   Everyone else played hard and we came back from a 20 point deficit, not the easiest thing to do in the NBA and something that takes effort.

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
so did anyone catch the postgame presser? No comments about Green and Sullener?