Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully  (Read 40301 times)

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
gary washburn ?@GwashburnGlobe  1m1 minute ago
Sullinger left the locker room before media was allowed in and Jeff Green left without speaking to reporters #celtics

Ouch! Jeff Green too. Something is up

I wonder if Coach Stevens is losing the locker room ...

I'm wondering this, too.

When he plays guys that arrived a day ago over guys that have been working their butts off since this summer, and the guys that just arrived are widely considered role players, then yeah, I can see how he can lose the locker room.
I agree with this.  My only thought was that playing Jameer is a sign of respect to him.  It could cause friction if he's backing up an unproven (frankly not yet good) prospect like Marcus Smart.  But Smart backing up Jameer is fine, because Smart understands he needs to pay his dues.  It's a little weird, though because it's pretty much common knowledge that Jameer will be bought out if we don't find a home for him in the next couple months. 

As for Sully...  I've been saying for a while that Oly/Sully will not last.  I like them both, but they are both starter-caliber players and they are both PFs... one of them will need to be traded and I think Oly's shooting makes him a more unique option.  Sully's ceiling is limited. 

As for Green... he's a sitting duck and everyone knows it.  He's gone to the first team that gives us a late (protected) 1st.  It's gotta be hard for him to be emotionally invested right now.  He could probably lie to himself and say "Nah i'm committed to this team... all that trade buzz about them trading me and Rondo is media nonsense"... but after seeing Rondo traded for a small pittance, it's pretty hard for him to be in denial.   Get use to his numbers being terrible over the next two months if he's not moved sooner.  He's done as a Celtic.

We have some talent on this team, but the chemistry is going to be a disaster for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 10:43:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I was at the game and was wondering if this would be brought up and I guess it sort of did. Sully looked upset, judging by his body language, and left towards the locker room prior to the end of the game. Granted, there was only 0.9 seconds left in the game, but his actions were telling as he was the only player who didn't stay until the game ended.

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2014, 10:45:51 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Link:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/547583909186514944

Quote:

#Celtics haven't opened locker room to media yet, but Jared Sullinger has already headed to the bus. #CelticsTalk

That is concerning. Could he be traded? Or is it problems between him and coach?

Not good. Could he be frustrated with the Rondo trade?

Why should he particularly care if Rondo's gone? It's not like they went through wars together like KG and Pierce. Rondo was mostly injured during Sully's time in Boston.

I think that some of the younger players (Sully and Bradley come to mind) talked about what a good mentor Rondo was for them.

well there you go, if Rondo is your mentor then you are already starting off in a bad place

What's wrong with Rondo being your mentor?

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 10:47:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think that some of the younger players (Sully and Bradley come to mind) talked about what a good mentor Rondo was for them.

Sully is  paid to play basketball not to sulk.   He should be a professional and do his job, sucks they traded his buddy.  Life goes on.   While your at it, how about being a professional and coming into camp in shape as well.  If he does not like it here, I am sure we could get a second rounder for him.

Bradley, I thought shot well tonight.   Didn't seem to affect him if it was the case.   

Sully must be frustrated. The game moves much faster than he does, by the time he's down court and heading to the 3 point line they've already shot the dam ball. He must wonder what the hurry is.

Now he has to turn around and lumber up court and go play 8-10 seconds of defense again.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the team losing the game, it's about losing his minutes.

Spot on, very accurate assessment.   TP, sometimes even he starts on the three point line he doesn't even make it back on defense.  One would think with this head start he would but he does not.

maybe very frustrated or as you said losing the locker room.

I think I proved this to be an utter falsehood.   Everyone else played hard and we came back from a 20 point deficit, not the easiest thing to do in the NBA and something that takes effort.

Haha - so do we have a new nickname for him? Sulky. I think I like it.  :P

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 10:51:23 PM »

Offline nicpresta

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
sully is sick of losing.  Good job sully!

Then maybe he should play better. Sully has been absolutely horrible the last month or so and doesn't deserve minutes until he gets his head out of his ass.

TP haha

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
gary washburn ?@GwashburnGlobe  1m1 minute ago
Sullinger left the locker room before media was allowed in and Jeff Green left without speaking to reporters #celtics

Ouch! Jeff Green too. Something is up

I wonder if Coach Stevens is losing the locker room ...

I'm wondering this, too.

When he plays guys that arrived a day ago over guys that have been working their butts off since this summer, and the guys that just arrived are widely considered role players, then yeah, I can see how he can lose the locker room.
I agree with this.  My only thought was that playing Jameer is a sign of respect to him.  It could cause friction if he's backing up an unproven (frankly not yet good) prospect like Marcus Smart.  But Smart backing up Jameer is fine, because Smart understands he needs to pay his dues.  It's a little weird, though because it's pretty much common knowledge that Jameer will be bought out if we don't find a home for him in the next couple months. 

As for Sully...  I've been saying for a while that Oly/Sully will not last.  I like them both, but they are both starter-caliber players and they are both PFs... one of them will need to be traded and I think Oly's shooting makes him a more unique option.  Sully's ceiling is limited. 

As for Green... he's a sitting duck and everyone knows it.  He's gone to the first team that gives us a late (protected) 1st.  It's gotta be hard for him to be emotionally invested right now.  He could probably lie to himself and say "Nah i'm committed to this team... all that trade buzz about them trading me and Rondo is media nonsense"... but after seeing Rondo traded for a small pittance, it's pretty hard for him to be in denial.   Get use to his numbers being terrible over the next two months if he's not moved sooner.  He's done as a Celtic.

We have some talent on this team, but the chemistry is going to be a disaster for the foreseeable future.

I agree. This is a mis-matched roster in flux and chemistry is going to be a disaster for a while, we are going to have to live with it. Important thing is that it doesn't impact the young guys we plan on keeping too much, whoever they are. Stevens I'm sure has Ainge's full support through this and vice versa, but the players who may feel are not considered a long term part of the team and hung out to dry are going to be pretty upset.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 11:22:04 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Link:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/547583909186514944

Quote:

#Celtics haven't opened locker room to media yet, but Jared Sullinger has already headed to the bus. #CelticsTalk

That is concerning. Could he be traded? Or is it problems between him and coach?

He didn't work up a sweat so he didn't need a shower.
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 11:25:47 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Which ones are those?
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 11:29:59 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Where are all the stat gurus who claimed Sulky was a good defender?

And also, why is Stevens not finding more minutes for Olynyk? Maybe he regresses back to his earlier play, but he's earned a shot at getting more minutes.

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 11:33:30 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Which ones are those?
I would agree with the poster you responded to. Not sure if you are asking which Celtic players before the trade or players we acquired. Either way, I would had thought they would sit a few games until they had a chance to practice with the team.

It's just another strange move from Stevens.

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Here's to hoping Sully doesn't go back to comfort food and Jeff Green doesn't go back to relaxing yoga.

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Who wants to answer questions about not being played at the end of games. A guy can be upset about the situation without it being rebellion. It is possible Sully understands he hasn't been effective lately.

Are people here justifying guys turning on a coach because the coach played guys who were more effective? Those sound like guys that better have a proven track record or guys who you should keep off your team.

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:19 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Which ones are those?
I would agree with the poster you responded to. Not sure if you are asking which Celtic players before the trade or players we acquired. Either way, I would had thought they would sit a few games until they had a chance to practice with the team.

Why? Who are the superstars on our team that demand minutes, even when playing poorly? Are you guys saying the guys from Dallas didn't work hard in the summer? They are just as much on this team as anyone else.

What is strange is criticising playing the guys who were most effective in the game. How does that make sense?

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Which ones are those?

Why? Who are the superstars on our team that demand minutes, even when playing poorly? Are you guys saying the guys from Dallas didn't work hard in the summer? They are just as much on this team as anyone else.

What is strange is criticising playing the guys who were most effective in the game. How does that make sense?

It doesn't. I agree with you.

Look, they scored 9 points in the first quarter. Both Jeff and Sully had opportunities to impact the game, and they couldn't do it. The new guys almost brought us back and the coach kept Sully on the bench. He needs to suck it up and deal with it. Maybe if he could actually produce for this team he wouldn't have been on the bench.

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Where are all the stat gurus who claimed Sulky was a good defender?

And also, why is Stevens not finding more minutes for Olynyk? Maybe he regresses back to his earlier play, but he's earned a shot at getting more minutes.

*post simple on court/off court splits* = "stat guru"

You're using hindsight to validate a claim that wasn't correct at the time it was made. When you were forcing the point that Sully was a bad defender, there wasn't a single bit of evidence to support that claim. In the following week or two he's played like crap, particularly on defense. Now you want to say that because of evidence exhibited after you made that claim, the claim suddenly becomes correct at the time you made it? I don't think it works like that. You guessed and the past couple weeks have been lucky ones for you.

If you want to argue that Sully has played atrocious D over the past week or so, be my guest. The opposing team once scored more than three points less when Sully was on the floor than when he was off; now, that number has fallen to 2.5 points less. In the Miami game he had a defensive rating of 110. Even pure observation suggests he hasn't been effective.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/