Author Topic: Where's the excitement?  (Read 5947 times)

Re: Where's the excitement?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2018, 06:36:37 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
The Celtics are a very good team; however they don't have 'that bell cow' to overcome Philly nor Milwaukee this year. The Celtics have to find out what they are going to do with the contracts of Hayward and Irving

?? Nothing much to figure out. Kyrie and Hayward are our 2 franchise players. Hayward is here for 3 more years and Kyrie will get resigned after the season is over. Since KG and Pierce got traded, we've been waiting for 2 players as good as Kyrie and Hayward to come to Boston.

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
A month from now no one will even remember that preseason happened.

Preseason happened?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2018, 03:02:03 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I barely watched any preseason games... with the 82 game grind ahead, don't wanna get burned out too early...

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2018, 04:58:19 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
It is not last year when you had Kyrie coming , GH , Tatum....
Now we now pretty much what this team can do and there weren't any big additions.

You get excited about something new. I'd say people are now focused  on the end of the road somewhere around next June ;)

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2018, 09:38:16 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
The Celtics are a very good team; however they don't have 'that bell cow' to overcome Philly nor Milwaukee this year. The Celtics have to find out what they are going to do with the contracts of Hayward and Irving

is this a serious post? We beat both teams with Rozier/Tatum/Brown leading the way....now those 3 guys are a year older and will most likely come back with improved games....and we are adding Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward.

Philly is essentially trotting out the same team, and I dont see the bucks as having improved much.

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

is this a serious post? We beat both teams with Rozier/Tatum/Brown leading the way....now those 3 guys are a year older and will most likely come back with improved games....and we are adding Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward.

Philly is essentially trotting out the same team, and I dont see the bucks as having improved much.
We established that this was a Philly fan troll account after he made a thread saying that Wilson Chandler is as good, if not better than JB and JT
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We established that this was a Philly fan troll account after he made a thread saying that Wilson Chandler is as good, if not better than JB and JT

It was pretty obvious, that he was a troll and I believe you and I took him to task quite soundly.

I am getting real excited for opening night and CAN"T WAIT!