Author Topic: Where's the excitement?  (Read 6010 times)

Where's the excitement?
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:50:44 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Seems the level of excitement for the coming season is absent here!

Is it the forums moving to CStrong, cause there aren't very many new posts for this time of year!
Is it the terrible preseason schedule with all our games in the first few days and then a week and a half with nothing?
Is it a faint fear in the back of our heads that what we saw in preseason performance will still be there when the season starts?
Is it the lack of excitement due to not having any highly touted rookies coming in, our new players brought in, in trades? (Sorry, can't buy RW as exciting rookie)
Just tired?  Tired of talking about GH and his rehab?
Or is it, our team just mimics its' "boring" never get excited, head coach?

Don't know.  I do know the wait for the season, with nothing but practices is killin' me.  Tuesday can't get here soon enough!  Hope we don't lay an egg!  Go C's!!

Re: Where's the excitement?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:58:17 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think that not much has changed since early summer and there's not much new to discuss.  Just waiting for the season opener at this point.  I can't wait.  This will be a fun season.

I'm really looking forward to the college season too with all our potential first round picks.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Is it the terrible preseason schedule with all our games in the first few days and then a week
I actually think you usually see more post and more volume after bad performance.

My guess is we lost some members with the new site.
Hopefully they will find us when season starts.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Everything seems to have been covered, rehashed, rehashed again, then beaten like a dead horse.

Think there are good amount of people waiting for meaningful games to be played.  That will boost things.  Create new topic of discussion, observations, ridiculous trade ideas, etc...

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 09:26:26 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
For me, it's the lousy pre-season performance that is making me lose my enthusiasm.  There just seemed to be no sense of urgency to get off on the right foot.  The shooting was horrid, which is surprising.  Didn't these guys each take at least 100 shots a day over the summer?

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think it's due to
- little turnover with the roster to debate going into the season
- preseason games too far in advance of the regular season so that excitement about seeing the team play again takes a long pause before regular season starts
- the horrid play of the preseason did nothing to stoke excitement or meet expectations placed on this year's team

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I am eagerly awaiting this season to begin.
Fever was the strongest some 2-3 weeks ago.
65-17
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
For me, it's the lousy pre-season performance that is making me lose my enthusiasm.  There just seemed to be no sense of urgency to get off on the right foot.  The shooting was horrid, which is surprising.  Didn't these guys each take at least 100 shots a day over the summer?

I do agree with this to a certain extent. I understand that it was only the preseason, and you can’t take too much from it. What I found to be frustrating was the volume of 3’s being shot at such a poor percentage. I think this team is versatile enough that if the 3 isn’t going in for a certain player, then they have the ability to drive or go to their mid-range game.

For me personally, I’m more interested in the Red Sox and their playoff run. I like the players on the team, and I find nothing compares to playoff baseball. Every pitch feels like it means something, and I could care less if the game is 2 hours or 5 hours long.

Don’t get me wrong, I can’t wait for the Celtics season to start, but there is nothing new to talk about. I feel like we have dissected everything about this team to death.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
Personally just ready for the season to get started at this point. It also doesn’t appear that the C’s will really hit their stride until a month or two into the season. That’s normal for CBS coached teams though.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 10:05:36 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I would not be surprised one bit if this team san****ged us a bit during preseason and come out of the gate gangbusters.

EDIT:  Sand bagged is a prohibited word?  ???

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 10:09:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It’s been a weird off-season.  No major free agent additions, our draft pick had some headcase moments and then was injured, Kyrie was hesitant to commit long term, Jabari Bird got arrested, one of our coaches was convicted of taking a bribe, Hayward is rusty and is having back issues, and the treat looks disjointed on the court.

Once the team starts winning meaningful games the excitement will return.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 10:25:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I would not be surprised one bit if this team san****ged us a bit during preseason and come out of the gate gangbusters.

it is because the d b a g are all in a row.  Weird things happen sometimes because of prohibited words.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

it is because the d b a g are all in a row.  Weird things happen sometimes because of prohibited words.

Ahhh....gotcha.

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I think it's due to
- preseason games too far in advance of the regular season so that excitement about seeing the team play again takes a long pause before regular season starts
- the horrid play of the preseason did nothing to stoke excitement or meet expectations placed on this year's team

Pretty much this.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 11:26:01 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think it's due to

TP - these are my top 3 reasons all in order. Last offseason was a whirlwind of excitement - drafting Tatum, Brown's/Tatum's/Rozier's emergence in SL, Hayward signing, and (of course) the Kyrie trade. The most exciting thing to happen this offseason was Jabari Bird's arrest - and that wasn't a good thing.

The pre-season performance and timing did little to enthuse fans and we are all left making excuses for Hayward.

Hopefully users that took the summer off find their way over to these forums. SBNation did us no favors by only leaving a link to CS on the 'Fanposts' page.