Author Topic: Hurricane Michael...FLCeltsFan affected (Please contribute to GoFundMe)  (Read 13451 times)

Re: Hurricane Michael...FLCeltsFan effected
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
So sorry to hear about this FLCeltsFan. My parents live in Florida in the Fort Pierce area so I know about the fear concerning storms and hurricanes, its really scary and I hope you can get back on your feet quickly. We’ll all be looking forward to your return and the return of your game threads.

In the meantime, you can catch game replays on nbafullhd.com if you can access internet at times.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Hurricane Michael...FLCeltsFan affected
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
We were in Perdido Key during the hurricane.  Our winds were crazy...so I cant imagine what it was like there. I'm so glad you and your family are safe!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 10:25:37 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11820
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Update. They finally cut through the trees in the road yesterday so we can get out for water and fuel although still  no power in the area and lines for the one station open on generators means 3 to 4 hour wait. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  I  would appreciate continued prayers. 

Thank you to Nick for doing game threads till I can get back. My thoughts will be with my Celtics  tonight. At least I got the first thread up before the storm hit.

I' ok check in again when I can. 

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hang in there FL.  hoping your area sees a faster recovery than is being anticipated. 

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2018, 04:37:22 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
Update. They finally cut through the trees in the road yesterday so we can get out for water and fuel although still  no power in the area and lines for the one station open on generators means 3 to 4 hour wait. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  I  would appreciate continued prayers. 

Thank you to Nick for doing game threads till I can get back. My thoughts will be with my Celtics  tonight. At least I got the first thread up before the storm hit.

I' ok check in again when I can.

Hopefully they get a big win tonight. Hang in there, we all appreciate what you do on this site. To say you're a valued member of this community would be an understatement.

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 07:56:41 PM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
TP FLCeltsFan!!!!!

You have greatly enhanced many members of this community's enjoyment of this blog including mine.

This blog came together (thanks byennie) to fund the blog. Can we get together and help out a fellow member in crisis.

I'm not very technologically adept, but if someone would set up a relief effort/fund, I'd be glad to contribute.

Anybody's expertise/skill area?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:36:12 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Big win, bonus TP's for FlCelts

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 10:34:53 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
Just want to echo what others have written.  Glad you and your family are safe FL.  MVP of the blog - one of many actually, so make that co-MVP.

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
TP FLCeltsFan!!!!!

You have greatly enhanced many members of this community's enjoyment of this blog including mine.

This blog came together (thanks byennie) to fund the blog. Can we get together and help out a fellow member in crisis.

I'm not very technologically adept, but if someone would set up a relief effort/fund, I'd be glad to contribute.

A gofundme should work, no? Assuming she wants it of course.

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 11:47:08 PM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
TP FLCeltsFan!!!!!

TP.... would love for one of the mods or someone with goFundMe experience to contact her and get her permission.

I don’t think we need to get her to state publicly in this forum that she needs/wants help.

If someone contacted her and helped set up the goFundMe, implicit in their setting it up would be that it has her approval.

With huge deductibles that often are there as well as the Loss and devastation she described, No doubt that the need is there.

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
stay safe! let us know how we can help! I find the new forum, there aren't as many threads present in "latest discussions" so if this thread gets lost and somebody set up some sort of gofundme, can someone PM me!

I'd love to help!

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 12:07:06 AM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
stay safe! let us know how we can help! I find the new forum, there aren't as many threads present in "latest discussions" so if this thread gets lost and somebody set up some sort of gofundme, can someone PM me!

I'd love to help!

This is a very important point… Hopefully those who run the site can Adjust it so whatever is most recently commented on ends up at the top of the latest discussions list.

TP

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 12:14:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
TP FLCeltsFan!!!!!

TP.... would love for one of the mods or someone with goFundMe experience to contact her and get her permission.

I don’t think we need to get her to state publicly in this forum that she needs/wants help.

If someone contacted her and helped set up the goFundMe, implicit in their setting it up would be that it has her approval.

With huge deductibles that often are there as well as the Loss and devastation she described, No doubt that the need is there.

I started the process but ran up against this:

Transparency is always the best policy. Please include the following information in your story:

1. Who you are
2. Where you're from
3. Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for
4. How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible)

Remember that you will be held accountable for using any money raised in the exact manner you state within your campaign.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I guess I'd just need specifics on what money would be used the and what her real name is.
Yup

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Tp , Redz, as always, you step up. (Like the TP wagers, thanks again for that!)

Maybe you could pm her and get her approval/info?

You’re both mods, maybe she would feel comfortable with you in that regard or maybe another mod?

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 02:51:40 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I'd love to help!

This is a very important point… Hopefully those who run the site can Adjust it so whatever is most recently commented on ends up at the top of the latest discussions list.

TP

Currently what happens is that Community threads *only* appear under the Community section on the right, and ditto for fantasy. This makes them slightly more sticky over time (and gives a quicker overview to new users)  but not mixed with more general Celtics talk.

That said we’ve gotten lots of feedback and are learning and will continue adjusting.

Specific to this, if we can get a Go Fund Me going I’m willing to pin that thread all the way to the top of the sidebar in its own section so it is THE featured thread.