Author Topic: Celtics (29-5) at Knicks (12-19) 1/4  (Read 48615 times)

Re: Celtics (29-5) at Knicks (12-19) 1/4
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 06:58:48 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
why does doc look like such a stressed out nervous wreck lately?

cause danny keeps trying to convince him that we should sign starbury.

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Need to start going after rebounds with some purpose
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45

But seriously, since I just posted that comment about tony allen he's validated my point twice. He missed an open jump shot (it's obvious why he can't shoot, look at his disgusting form) and then he got stuffed going to the basket after Ray got fouled... (it was a dead ball but they were playing like it was live). He just seriously has no business playing on a championship caliber team.

Right now the celtics bench needs two things: a real backup point guard (Marbury might be able to provide this) and a much better backup small forward (aka, another James Posey). I'd say the backup small forward position is far more urgent.

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »

• Don Chaney
enough turovers? i get seriously annoyed, it isnt a fluke we lead the leagues in turnovers
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 07:10:13 PM »

• Don Chaney
How many of our guys are gonna come up limping tonight?

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
And the turnovers are just careless ones...such as throwing away an inbounds pass that turns into a three for Robinson.  Now the crowd is back in the game, this could possibly swing the game around
UBUNTU

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
No need to reiterate points that have been made ad nauseum about Tony - he hasn't changed.

Really unremarkable half against a bad basketball team.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
and for anyone interested Boston College is defeating number 1 North Carolina 74-60 with 8:27 to go in the game
UBUNTU

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Odd game.  Usually Rondo pwns against the Bricks.  We're shooting 55% and only up by 3.  And NBA.com insists that Scal is in the lineup.  Odd all around.

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

But seriously, since I just posted that comment about tony allen he's validated my point twice. He missed an open jump shot (it's obvious why he can't shoot, look at his disgusting form) and then he got stuffed going to the basket after Ray got fouled... (it was a dead ball but they were playing like it was live). He just seriously has no business playing on a championship caliber team.

Right now the celtics bench needs two things: a real backup point guard (Marbury might be able to provide this) and a much better backup small forward (aka, another James Posey). I'd say the backup small forward position is far more urgent.

im a TA fan but right now he's proving your point. i'd say that Pruitt can be the backup PG. and i think that eventually they should try Billy at the 3, if TA is turning it over then they have nothing to lose.

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »

• Don Chaney
Odd game.  Usually Rondo pwns against the Bricks.  We're shooting 55% and only up by 3.  And NBA.com insists that Scal is in the lineup.  Odd all around.

rondo is a different player on the road, he "pwns" the knicks if he's in the comfort of his own gym

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 07:22:04 PM »

Offline yoursweatersux

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 45

im a TA fan but right now he's proving your point. i'd say that Pruitt can be the backup PG. and i think that eventually they should try Billy at the 3, if TA is turning it over then they have nothing to lose.

I'd agree, but I wasn't too impressed with what I saw of Bill during the preseason. As bad as TA is playing, I really don't know if Bill would be better. Honestly, I'd put in Scal before TA and that's no joke. I really think he helps the team more

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

rondo is a different player on the road, he "pwns" the knicks if he's in the comfort of his own gym

yup.  He's a little mouse on the road.  But the road has been a scary place for the entire team since the 2008 playoffs...

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »

• Don Chaney

yup.  He's a little mouse on the road.  But the road has been a scary place for the entire team since the 2008 playoffs...

I think alot of that comes back to their only PG not playing good on the road, he was taken out of nearly all the road games in the playoffs and was dominant at home, for the most part thats carried over to this season

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
It's very frustrating watching Perk knock down that 18ft jumper during a stoppage in play.  He hasnt broke out that 18 footer since he was on fire in that Houston game, and every time he shoots it during dead time, its wet.
Greg