Author Topic: Brad Stevens: Win streak shouldn’t be considered valid  (Read 4858 times)

Re: Brad Stevens: Win streak shouldn’t be considered valid
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:44 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
This is mind games from a coach trying to keep a young roster engaged and motivated to get better.

I wouldn't read much more into it.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 12:41:40 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The offense can get better in particular and they have had a few huge come backs.  He's right to say it.  He's doing his job.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
 We need to knock off The Cavs - everybody in the world knows it.. We as Celtic fans even before GH went down knew it..  This winning streak is about as useful as us being the #1 seed last year.

We have won alot but we have also lost to that team.. And nobody is stupid enough to think that because they are struggling right now (well they were) that by seasons end they wont be that same freight train mowing through the east that they have been for the last 3 years..  (heck, he has been 7 straight years)

So Brad is right.. These wins mean nothing if we cant stop that train and right now we have not.  Heck they sucked at the start of the year and they still beat us.. (no excuses)

Thats just reality.. Brad is getting them right in the head right now..  Great coaching.

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
This is mind games from a coach trying to keep a young roster engaged and motivated to get better.

I wouldn't read much more into it.

pretty much, Belichick is the best at this. Never getting too high after a win

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
"You're never as good as you think you are..."

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"We haven't played well enough to consider this win streak to be valid in my opinion," Stevens said Saturday morning at Boston's shootaround at Philips Arena. "We've figured out ways to win games. We gotta play a lot better."

"We've got to be better, and we know that," Stevens said. "We can't get so caught up in the results of all these games and ride that emotion. We've been fortunate to win a lot of the games in this streak, including Thursday night

Motivational technique, or the truth?
Motivational technique AND the truth.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
"We haven't played well enough to consider this win streak to be valid in my opinion," Stevens said Saturday morning at Boston's shootaround at Philips Arena. "We've figured out ways to win games. We gotta play a lot better."

"We've got to be better, and we know that," Stevens said. "We can't get so caught up in the results of all these games and ride that emotion. We've been fortunate to win a lot of the games in this streak, including Thursday night

Motivational technique, or the truth?
Motivational technique AND the truth.

I agree on both. It's a way to keep the team to continue working hard and playing hard.

As for the getting better part, they NEED to get better. They need to fix their offense. Can't ALWAYS be trailing 15, 16, or 17 points in the game and claw your way back to win. There's only so much games where you'd mount a huge comeback to win. I feel the next one with the large deficit won't be pretty, it's bound to happen soon. This team needs to start firing in all cylinders once the first quarter begins. Make it a 20-point lead, maintain it and keep building that lead.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 06:25:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Celtics > than CBS thinks

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson