Author Topic: 2016 NCAA Tournament  (Read 41355 times)

Re: 2016 NCAA Tournament
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Tell you what, this Jordan Matthews kid looks pretty good.  Is he on the draft radar?

Jaylen Brown has been unimpressive.  In fact, his poor defense and ballhandling have stood out to me, as opposed to anything positive.  He should probably stay in school another year, but I suspect his draft stock will be too high after workouts.

Yeah, was high on Brown but this unimpressive showing might hit his draft stock. Which is good for us I think.

I really believe there is still a ton to work with there, and if he drops, he could be withing reach if we could move up using the Dallas and our pick.

California, though, man. I have them going to the Elite 8, very unimpressive perfomance.
Yeah, I have no interest in drafting him with the Brooklyn pick anymore, but if we can use the Mavs pick to trade up a few spots and grab him I would be happy. He looks like all he can do is score in transition.

On the other hand, I think Rabb has looked like a top 10 pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The interior defense on this Cal team is awful.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Cal ended up winning it all in my "Flip a Coin" and "Mascots" brackets, so them losing here would screw those up pretty bad. :P

Jaylen Brown just reminds me more and more of Terrence Williams.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm definitely biased but Malachi Richardson of Syracuse is gonna be a baller.  Already is pretty good for the college level.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:33:54 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2016, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Safe to say that Hawaii will pull the upset. Cal very awful today, Jordan Matthews and Ivan Rabb helped their draft stock a bit, while Jaylen Brown looks like could use another year in school, or be contended to be a 6-10 pick.

Meanwhile...

Michigan State has 13 minutes to escape what could be the biggest upset of the year. Middle Tennessee has given their best punch and their holding them off.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 04:11:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Safe to say that Hawaii will pull the upset. Cal very awful today, Jordan Matthews and Ivan Rabb helped their draft stock a bit, while Jaylen Brown looks like could use another year in school, or be contended to be a 6-10 pick.

Meanwhile...

Michigan State has 13 minutes to escape what could be the biggest upset of the year. Middle Tennessee has given their best punch and their holding them off.
I picked MSU to win the whole thing. I have never had my title team losing in the first round. I've been watching the Cal game, do you know why MSU is playing so poorly.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Meanwhile...

I picked MSU to win the whole thing. I have never had my title team losing in the first round. I've been watching the Cal game, do you know why MSU is playing so poorly.

I was watching the Cal game as well, so I'm not sure why they are playing bad.

I did however caught the start of that game. They went down 15-2 early. I guess it's a case of a lead gotten too big and MSU still playing catchup.

I have MSU as the National Champs as well, but I love an upset, and this could be the BIGGEST upset brewing right now! I would not mind this at all.

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 04:15:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I'm definitely biased but Malachai Richardson of Syracuse is gonna be a baller.  Already is pretty good for the college level.

Friends don't let friends draft Syracuse players.

Let them waste somebody else's money learning how to play NBA ball their first 4-5 years in the league.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm definitely biased but Malachai Richardson of Syracuse is gonna be a baller.  Already is pretty good for the college level.

A 6'6" Point Guard. I likey, even if it's a Syracuse guy.

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

A GM who uses a top 10 pick on a guy like Jaylen Brown, with no discernible NBA level skill, doesn't like his job very much.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 04:17:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

A 6'6" Point Guard. I likey, even if it's a Syracuse guy.

I'm sure he'll be a decent NBA player 5-6 years after he enters the league, like many Syracuse products.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
So Cal loses & Michigan State is in trouble at the moment.  Quite the game window right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

A GM who uses a top 10 pick on a guy like Jaylen Brown, with no discernible NBA level skill, doesn't like his job very much.

Eh? He's still athletically gifted. And there are some core guys for Cal that are missing. Kid is 19 and knows how to get to the rim and be a weapon in transition. All we saw today is just telling us he needs a lot more work to be complete than people normally though.

I probably won't take him in the top 3 however, but I'd gamble on him on a top 5-10 pick. There's still a good amount of upside there.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Eh? He's still athletically gifted. And there are some core guys for Cal that are missing. Kid is 19 and knows how to get to the rim and be a weapon in transition. All we saw today is just telling us he needs a lot more work to be complete than people normally though.

I probably won't take him in the top 3 however, but I'd gamble on him on a top 5-10 pick. There's still a good amount of upside there.

I'd let him go back to school with the hope of building his skills and becoming a top 5 pick, or I'd let somebody else take the risk in the top 10.

If he fell to the end of the lottery, I'd take a chance.

But there isn't a single thing he does I would feel confident in him doing at the NBA level, other than finishing an open dunk, and that's a lowwww bar.  I like my top 10 picks to have a higher floor than that.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 04:25:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
So Cal loses & Michigan State is in trouble at the moment.  Quite the game window right now.

Theme for both games seems to be that the higher seeded teams are soft inside.

Michigan State is running an actual offense, though, so I think they'll pull this out.
- Mark Twain