Author Topic: The Gordon Hayward Double Digit scoring thread  (Read 12405 times)

Re: The Gordon Hayward Double Digit scoring thread
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Robin Hayward is putting Chloe Kardashian to shame as Hayward has now put up 6 forgettable games and one, "DNP personal day" in the Celtic's last 7 appearances.  At this point Hayward has established his identity as a beta male on this team and it's going to be hard to change that.

Yeah, you know what he should do. File for a divorce!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh and he scored double-digits today. But I'm guessing you're just going to ignore this because it doesn't fit your narrative.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
18!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2019, 09:59:40 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
18!!!

I’ll take it! I wish he would shoot it even more

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2019, 11:35:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
18!!!

I think for every fan to be happy with the shots each of our players get we would need to run a faster pace than the 1980's Doug Moe Nuggets...and that ain't happening.

I think we need to get used to the fact that Kyrie and maybe one other player is going to consistently get their shots and put up numbers every game that would show their value as compared to their contemporaries across the league.

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
18!!!

I think for every fan to be happy with the shots each of our players get we would need to run a faster pace than the 1980's Doug Moe Nuggets...and that ain't happening.

I think we need to get used to the fact that Kyrie and maybe one other player is going to consistently get their shots and put up numbers every game that would show their value as compared to their contemporaries across the league.

This is true—TP

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2019, 12:33:27 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Robin Hayward is putting Chloe Kardashian to shame as Hayward has now put up 6 forgettable games and one, "DNP personal day" in the Celtic's last 7 appearances.  At this point Hayward has established his identity as a beta male on this team and it's going to be hard to change that.

shouldn't this be up for ban? Aside from the usual trolling, there are lines do not cross. No reason we should involve familty members here.

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2019, 01:12:26 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

shouldn't this be up for ban? Aside from the usual trolling, there are lines do not cross. No reason we should involve familty members here.

Agreed. And are we really chastising players for being absent a game for the birth of their child? Pitiful behavior.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2019, 02:14:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Agreed. And are we really chastising players for being absent a game for the birth of their child? Pitiful behavior.
Thirded
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2019, 03:50:28 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Thirded

Fourthed. Especially pathetic when you manage to misspell both of the ladies' first names.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2019, 05:46:25 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Thirded

Fourthed. Especially pathetic when you manage to misspell both of the ladies' first names.
In his defense, they both have "special" spelling of otherwise normal names

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2019, 07:20:59 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206

Thirded

If ever someone didn't deserve defending...
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2019, 07:50:07 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Oh and he scored double-digits today. But I'm guessing you're just going to ignore this because it doesn't fit your narrative.

It appears the divorce is on hold - for the moment.

18 points on 6/10 shooting, going 0/2 from 3 and 6/7 from the line against the once mighty Cleveland Cavaliers.

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2019, 08:04:02 AM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Thirded

If ever someone didn't deserve defending...
I'm not agreeing with him

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2019, 08:31:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

It appears the divorce is on hold - for the moment.

18 points on 6/10 shooting, going 0/2 from 3 and 6/7 from the line against the once mighty Cleveland Cavaliers.
It is shallow posts such as this that get you labeled a troll. Please, for the sake of everyone here, yourself included, do better. Please provide better posts that are not simply shoot-from-the-hip retorts.

Thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2019, 11:26:08 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1351
He's scored 18 points but these will be exceptions to the rule as long as everyone is fit and getting minutes. Not everyone on this team can score big all the time. Look at tonight - Kyrie and Al out, that's a combined 49 points over the last 5 games between the 2 of them. Take 50 points off the table against a weak team, and you have Rozier and Brown scoring 26 in 30 mins,  and Hayward 18. Tatum "only" scored 15, and Morris "only" scored 11. Put Kyrie and Al's 50 points back on the table and what happens to everyone else's scoring opportunities? They drop.

The way to look at this team is not the traditional metric of "need to score 20+ points", it's more like how San Antonio was when they won the championship in 2014:

Parker 16
Duncan 15
Kawhi 13
Ginobili 12
Belinelli 11
Mills 10
Diaw 9
Green 9

When playoff time comes our rotation will shorten and some people's numbers will go up while the end of rotation guys will drop. But during the regular season what I'm looking for from players isn't so much absolute numbers but efficiency - in this case Hayward was 6-10, he had 5 rebounds but zero assists. So still plenty for him to work on. Rozier was 9-13, 4-5 from 3, 8 rebounds, 6 assists...even if those numbers were halved because he played 20 mins instead of 30 I would still consider it a good performance. The most important number for me is the 125 points the entire team scored.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D