Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 90445 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #615 on: January 15, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
His destiny seems to be to get traded and become a bottom-third starting PG.

This.
Reggie Jackson 2.0
below average shooter and starter, good playoff performance vs. SAS (?) and unhappiness with OKC backup role

« Reply #616 on: January 15, 2019, 04:03:57 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
This is a ridiculous thread to bump

its all the same with the Celtics fans.....

Last year they wanted Morris traded to HELL , now they love him , now its Rozier.

As if the guy is trying to miss shots and turn it over

Can't stand Celtics fans, especially in here

Will kill you for defending a player or calling out one , but when you visit the Game Threads, you see them bashing players LIVE IN GAME,

you cannot make it up.
Lol. Of all posters to insult people for some sort of hypocrisy it had to be you.

You really need to stop thinking you're some all-knowing genius fan that knows better than us peasants on CelticsStrong, it's getting painful to watch

LOL

You can't call Kyrie a cancer and devote most of your CelticsStrong time to trashing him, when he is pretty much the only good thing this team has going right now, and then cry foul when people complain about Rozier.  One guy is gonna be all-NBA and one guy is gonna get let go by the team that drafted him.  You don't look credible.

Again you are fixated on this talent, superstar , stats , nba rank thing.

I dont care about all that, my thing is that Kyrie's presence maybe killing the rest of the team in some way, im not trashing his play or his level of super stardom. I don't understand how you cant see that.

« Reply #617 on: January 15, 2019, 04:42:06 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
This is a ridiculous thread to bump

its all the same with the Celtics fans.....

Last year they wanted Morris traded to HELL , now they love him , now its Rozier.

As if the guy is trying to miss shots and turn it over

Can't stand Celtics fans, especially in here

Will kill you for defending a player or calling out one , but when you visit the Game Threads, you see them bashing players LIVE IN GAME,

you cannot make it up.
Lol. Of all posters to insult people for some sort of hypocrisy it had to be you.

You really need to stop thinking you're some all-knowing genius fan that knows better than us peasants on CelticsStrong, it's getting painful to watch

LOL

You can't call Kyrie a cancer and devote most of your CelticsStrong time to trashing him, when he is pretty much the only good thing this team has going right now, and then cry foul when people complain about Rozier.  One guy is gonna be all-NBA and one guy is gonna get let go by the team that drafted him.  You don't look credible.

Again you are fixated on this talent, superstar , stats , nba rank thing.

I dont care about all that, my thing is that Kyrie's presence maybe killing the rest of the team in some way, im not trashing his play or his level of super stardom. I don't understand how you cant see that.

Maybe is the key.  I'm willing to admit I'm pro-Kyrie and have been since day 1, but I listen to reason.  I'm also willing to admit he's been acting like Lebron, and that I was definitely turned off by his reaction after the Orlando game. 

But IT called out teammates and coaches in his time here, and he's a lot worse than Kyrie.  I didn't see any outrage from you then.

And maybe Kyrie is angry that Stevens isn't dealing with the issues on this team, and that DA seems to be punting the year, a year of Kyrie's prime, so he can hold onto assets.  He's tried settling things the way he knows how so he went to the media, which he admits was dumb and he will try not to do again.  He isn't the first superstar to do it and he certainly won't be the last.

It's a superstar league, and no one else on our team is even remotely close to that level.  We need him to calm down, but we also need him period.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #618 on: January 15, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I dont have any vandetta against Kyrie at all. This is a team game. It could be Jaylen and Rozier's fault for all i know, but it could be from the mere presence of Kyrie. Of course it's a maybe.

Everything is a maybe on a post in here. We are not in that locker room. Same goes for people thinking Rozier isn't trying, this is also a maybe as well.

What I do know is that the Celtics got back two all star level players and the team is in dissaray.

« Reply #619 on: January 15, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What I do know is that the Celtics got back two all star level players and the team is in dissaray.

The problem is that we didn’t. Hayward isn’t near all-star level right now. Neither is Horford, or Tatum, or Brown.

Kyrie is the only guy playing at an all-star level with any consistency.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #620 on: January 15, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I dont have any vandetta against Kyrie at all. This is a team game. It could be Jaylen and Rozier's fault for all i know, but it could be from the mere presence of Kyrie. Of course it's a maybe.

Everything is a maybe on a post in here. We are not in that locker room. Same goes for people thinking Rozier isn't trying, this is also a maybe as well.

Except one of the All Stars is far from an all star and yes the team is in disarray.  But it's because it's those guys from last year that dropped off.  Kyrie when he plays has been a 2nd Team All-NBA player and has driven literally all of our wins against top teams except for Indiana.  We don't win at home vs Philly or Toronto or Giannis without Kyrie.  We just don't.

Last year's Celtics team without Kyrie would get pummeled by these new Raptors, Bucks and Pacers (they might beat Philly) and if they didn't have Kyrie playing most of the year to get that top 2 seed last year, they would've lost in the first round.  They couldn't buy a road game, going 1-7 in the playoffs, without homecourt which Kyrie got them, they're done.

The silver lining if Kyrie gets injured this year will be the exposure of the fallacy of this anti-Kyrie wave.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #621 on: January 17, 2019, 02:02:58 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Anyone know when The Timberwolves can trade Saric?

Idk. Assumed they can now unless it’s back to Philly?

« Reply #622 on: January 18, 2019, 01:18:43 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Watching the Toronto game with my wife on Wednesday, at one point she said, "You hate Terry Rozier, don't you?"

I don't think I hate him but I was frustrated by him enough that my wife had to comment.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #623 on: January 24, 2019, 02:43:00 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
C’s coach Brad Stevens said:
“He never says a word about the days he doesn’t start. He just comes in, tries to play his hardest.”

Enough to me.

« Reply #624 on: January 24, 2019, 02:50:52 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
C’s coach Brad Stevens said:
“He never says a word about the days he doesn’t start. He just comes in, tries to play his hardest.”

Enough to me.
TP. Brads word is the law.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #625 on: January 24, 2019, 03:14:03 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #626 on: January 24, 2019, 03:58:34 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
When will we move Kyrie to the bench already?

I say it in jest, but seriously... how would we not be better with Scary Terry and Kyrie being that supersub 22ppg in 26mpg absolutely torching bench units?

I know it would never happen, but how would we not be better? Of course Kyrie would never accept it, but he would be just as good he is starting and Rozier clearly plays much better starting for whatever reason.

Hayward was moved to the bench for the betterment of the team, how would this swap not make us more complete? Kyrie would still be the closer.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #627 on: January 24, 2019, 06:13:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

This.
Reggie Jackson 2.0
below average shooter and starter, good playoff performance vs. SAS (?) and unhappiness with OKC backup role

good comp .   Rozier is a more likable character IMO .   

« Reply #628 on: January 24, 2019, 06:46:35 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

This.
Reggie Jackson 2.0

Rozier is much better defensively than Jackson also. Terry is a very good rebounder. Has Jackson ever got a rebound? Last night's performance certainly helps his trade value.

« Reply #629 on: January 24, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

This.
Reggie Jackson 2.0

Rozier is much better defensively than Jackson also. Terry is a very good rebounder. Has Jackson ever got a rebound? Last night's performance certainly helps his trade value.

Agreed.  Terry is a very inconsistent offensive player but he can impact a game in more ways than Reggie Jackson.  I'm sure much of this can be attributed to playing in Brad's system for the past 4 seasons.