Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45053 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
these eastern european kids are tough cookies not aau pampered but to throw him into nba would be a free pass to foul line-why do we feel that rushing prospects is the right way
jaylen learned something from johnson -get in weight room

that center position is critical to a  defensive sets-a rookie has so much to learn both offensively and defensively and then the travel number of games and back to backs-porzingis did it so it is possible but ny had melo and did not make the playoffs

from the two mid range shots i have seen him take his form was very good and his foul shooting , he takes his time,very disciplined and has nice touch-lopez is now knocking down threes  at a high rate-the coaches don't have these bigs shooting threes when there scoring at 60% in close-
horford and lopez cab re invent theselves and lengthen their career instead of banging down low- leave it to the" little guy"

So much good stuff in this post, I just wanted everyone to read it again.

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2017, 11:29:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Darussafaka plays Baskonia this Thursday (12/1) at 2pm ET (I will recheck the time to be sure).

If I have time, I will post a stream here on the day of the game.

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2017, 11:56:46 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Sources: There has been significant interest in Celtics draftee Ante Zizic. Zizic has looked good in both Croatia and Turkey this season.

Via @KeithSmithNBA

Maybe the hype is real. I hope he doesnt get traded, he was one of my picks with the final first rounder.

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2017, 01:11:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sources: There has been significant interest in Celtics draftee Ante Zizic. Zizic has looked good in both Croatia and Turkey this season.

Via @KeithSmithNBA

Maybe the hype is real. I hope he doesnt get traded, he was one of my picks with the final first rounder.
I'm shocked someone is actually paying attention.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 01:51:06 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Well, we are talking about a guy who hasn't even proven he's an NBA player, so there's that...

Yes, but here’s what we do know.

He was the Center of the year and lead the league in rebounding last year at 18/19 years old.  He looked to be an energy big who could grab boards and dunk, but that was about it.  Well he came back this season as an all around beast.  He lead the ABA league in rebounding again and was 2nd in scoring.  He put on an all star show. He posted better numbers this year in the ABA league than both Jusuf Nurkic and Nikola Jokic did, and we already know that they can both play in the NBA.  He has moved to a more completive league and is showing that he can be just as effective there as well. 

When we drafted him the hope was for a slightly more agile Zeller to be an effective back up.  He is looking like he may end up being our starting center sooner rather than latter.  Zizic wasn’t supposed to be this good this year.  Will he be this good in the NBA maybe, maybe not, but he is defiantly good enough for serious rotational minutes right now.   Sure he will have to learn the schemas to stay on the floor and he’ll make rookie mistakes but he is going to be a player.  Three Euro league games have convinced me. 

He wasn’t supposed to get many minutes behind Semih Erden.  In his first game playing less minutes than Erden, Zizic got more rebounds and the same amount of points.  In the second game again playing less minutes he got more points and more rebounds.  In the third game he played more minutes than Erden and got more points and rebounds again.  Semih Erden is no super star but he played rotational minutes in the NBA.  He is older and likely a better player now than he was when he was in the NBA.  He was an all star last year in Euro league.  Zizic just walked on to the team and took his minutes. 

He is still rebounding like a beast in a more completive league and is still dominating in the paint.  So he hasn’t played in the NBA yet.   I’m still really excited about him as a player, and so are a lot of people on this board.   There is good reason to be excited about this kid. 

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 02:36:37 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Here's what you don't know. The level of his competition. Maybe i am wrong but i think it is important in order to place the things you know into context

He wasn’t supposed to get many minutes behind Semih Erden.

Says who ? Erden today is a d-league level center and not the 10mpg NBA player you remember

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2017, 02:45:12 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
You think "he might get Zeller's minutes" is "losing our minds"? Or "trending up"? Or "good to see him succeeding in a decent league"? Or "hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter"?

If you are looking for hyperbole, pick up a mirror.
I think "can he be like Al Horford" and "three-point shooter by his mid-twenties" is losing one's mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hho51tGRG20

This I agree with. I think hoping that Zizic becomes a slightly better version of a pre-ACL tear Perkins is what we can reasonably hope for.
This was more for the "look, Perk made a jump shot" factor. Otherwise, I've pegged my expectations at Vitaly Potapenko (yes, I'm old, now get off my lawn :P).

Would that be a Vitaly that didn't smoke and drink. That would be an excellent player. ( Yes I am old too!)
Vitaly is Eastern European... what do you mean "not smoke and drink"? ;)

Yes I know. There used to be lots of jokes around when We had Vitaly that he smoked and drank lots of beer.

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2017, 04:29:16 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Here's what you don't know. The level of his competition. Maybe i am wrong but i think it is important in order to place the things you know into context

He wasn’t supposed to get many minutes behind Semih Erden.

Says who ? Erden today is a d-league level center and not the 10mpg NBA player you remember

Well true to an extent. But he also explained that Jokic and Nurkic played against the same competition and did slightly worse. We dont know for sure how it will translate, but there are reasons to be optimistic. hence the "what we do know" part. I dunno if you are just being a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. and antagonistic, but you clearly missed the whole point of his post.

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Being optimistic in one thing , kicking out of the team everyone not named Horfod because the Serbian Barkley is coming is another.

This year is Zizic (whom if you bother searching i liked much more than Bedner before the draft) last year it was Mickey. I don't think that Mickey is what people here projected him to be. Now Zizic is anointed as the solution to the Cs frontcourt problems. Because of highlight videos and stat lines.

It's funny though that if you don't follow the flow here you are a **** and antagonistic. Actually watching the games is i guess irrelevant

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 05:43:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Being optimistic in one thing , kicking out of the team everyone not named Horfod because the Serbian Barkley is coming is another.

This year is Zizic (whom if you bother searching i liked much more than Bedner before the draft) last year it was Mickey. I don't think that Mickey is what people here projected him to be. Now Zizic is anointed as the solution to the Cs frontcourt problems. Because of highlight videos and stat lines.

It's funny though that if you don't follow the flow here you are a **** and antagonistic. Actually watching the games is i guess irrelevant

I took you up on your search request, and you don't have any search hits for Zizic from before October.  Thanks for the suggestion.

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2017, 06:42:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
didn't zizic have a game jan 8-2017 that darussafaka won-can't find the stats i think the score was 97-75 so it would seem he would get some run

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
You think "he might get Zeller's minutes" is "losing our minds"? Or "trending up"? Or "good to see him succeeding in a decent league"? Or "hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter"?

If you are looking for hyperbole, pick up a mirror.
I think "can he be like Al Horford" and "three-point shooter by his mid-twenties" is losing one's mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hho51tGRG20

Time for your typical straw man argument....People are just throwing guesses out there because no one knows anything about him. You can be negative and someone else can be positive because in reality nobody knows where this kid will end up. It could go either way.

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2017, 07:03:54 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
found it-january 8-scored 16points  on 5-7 shooting,6-6 from line 8 rebounds 3 offensive 5 defensive ,3 blocks and 2 turnoversi,1assist all in 26min-also only 2 fouls,had all the blocks for the team and was rebound leader
thats a nice stat for a new young player to put up
last game 14 points was a breakthrough ,now he puts up 16 pt 5-7 and perfect from foulline
 best stats on team as there were several players bunched at 20-23 points-but as a total game with 3 blocks 3 offensive boards with 8 rebound total zizac wins the stat mvp-and tommy point
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:16:38 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
found it-january 8-scored 16points  on 5-7 shooting,6-6 from line 8 rebounds 3 offensive 5 defensive ,3 blocks and 2 turnoversi,1assist all in 26min-also only 2 fouls,had all the blocks for the team and was rebound leader
thats a nice stat for a new young player to put up
last game 14 points was a breakthrough ,now he puts up 16 pt 5-7 and perfect from foulline
 best stats on team as there were several players bunched at 20-23 points-but as a total game with 3 blocks 3 offensive boards with 8 rebound total zizac wins the stat mvp-and tommy point

Thanks, Rollie--Did he start and do you have a link?

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2017, 09:46:41 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I forget where I read it, but he had a quote recently (and I'm paraphrasing) that said he had no intentions of coming to the NBA to play a couple of years and leave like other Euro bigs, he plans on coming to the C's next year and staying. I like that mind set... a lot.