Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45062 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2017, 01:15:09 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Excellent!  He's going to be a contributor next year...I can feel it in my bones!!   ;D

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2017, 02:08:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
zizic highlites up -wow, even a 15 footer-google zizic euro league-
this guy likes to hit offensive boards and likes contact

Here are Zizic's highlights from yesterday's game at Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv (24 minutes, 14 points, 9 rebounds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4puFT7Fe5c

His team (Darussafaka) is in green & white, naturally.   ;D

Very exciting that we have a young guy like that stashed overseas.  Loved that up and under move he made.

His release doesn't look bad. If he can shoot, could he be like Al Horford?

It's good, and his free throw percentage is good too. I have hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter in the next couple years. By his mid-twenties, maybe he could even add range out to the 3.
Zizic made a jump shot, and folks lost their collective minds. Reminds me of that one time when they put stills of Brady and Tebow's throwing motion on TV to show that "look, they are exactly like mirror images of each other". ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
zizic highlites up -wow, even a 15 footer-google zizic euro league-
this guy likes to hit offensive boards and likes contact

Here are Zizic's highlights from yesterday's game at Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv (24 minutes, 14 points, 9 rebounds):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4puFT7Fe5c

His team (Darussafaka) is in green & white, naturally.   ;D

Very exciting that we have a young guy like that stashed overseas.  Loved that up and under move he made.

His release doesn't look bad. If he can shoot, could he be like Al Horford?

It's good, and his free throw percentage is good too. I have hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter in the next couple years. By his mid-twenties, maybe he could even add range out to the 3.
Zizic made a jump shot, and folks lost their collective minds. Reminds me of that one time when they put stills of Brady and Tebow's throwing motion on TV to show that "look, they are exactly like mirror images of each other". ::)

You think "he might get Zeller's minutes" is "losing our minds"? Or "trending up"? Or "good to see him succeeding in a decent league"? Or "hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter"?

If you are looking for hyperbole, pick up a mirror.

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
You think "he might get Zeller's minutes" is "losing our minds"? Or "trending up"? Or "good to see him succeeding in a decent league"? Or "hopes that he could be a good mid-range shooter"?

I think "can he be like Al Horford" and "three-point shooter by his mid-twenties" is losing one's mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hho51tGRG20

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

I think "can he be like Al Horford" and "three-point shooter by his mid-twenties" is losing one's mind.

This I agree with. I think hoping that Zizic becomes a slightly better version of a pre-ACL tear Perkins is what we can reasonably hope for.

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
At this point I wouldn't fixate on his shooting game at all.  It would be much more beneficial for him to work on his strengths and make them NBA-level rather than trying to add new things which he may or may not be able to do.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

This I agree with. I think hoping that Zizic becomes a slightly better version of a pre-ACL tear Perkins is what we can reasonably hope for.
This was more for the "look, Perk made a jump shot" factor. Otherwise, I've pegged my expectations at Vitaly Potapenko (yes, I'm old, now get off my lawn :P).

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2017, 02:35:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If he can do this at Euroleague/Turkish League level it's hard to see him not being able to at least take over Zeller's minutes next year.

You mean Amir Johnson's.

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
If he can do this at Euroleague/Turkish League level it's hard to see him not being able to at least take over Zeller's minutes next year.

You mean Amir Johnson's.

Johnson is a starter so that's a bit of a stretch.  If he can do that and not be a liability it's wonderful, of course.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148

This was more for the "look, Perk made a jump shot" factor. Otherwise, I've pegged my expectations at Vitaly Potapenko (yes, I'm old, now get off my lawn :P).

Would that be a Vitaly that didn't smoke and drink. That would be an excellent player. ( Yes I am old too!)

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Would that be a Vitaly that didn't smoke and drink. That would be an excellent player. ( Yes I am old too!)
Vitaly is Eastern European... what do you mean "not smoke and drink"? ;)

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

It was "like Al Horford" in the sense of developing a decent mid-range game, after not having one as a younger player. That's how I read it. And more important it was posed as a question. And the other line said "maybe" he could "add range out to 3."

Those seem like questions about what his possible high end can be rather than firm projections. I think the idea is that Horford is a guy who at 23 was taking 20% of his shots from 16 and out, and now he takes almost 50% from there, and it took him about ten years to make that transition. It's not like people are comparing him to Nowitzki.

Also, he's big, he's pretty coordinated and he's a good free throw shooter. Perkins was only one of those things.

But anyway I think most of the comments have been pretty restrained. I can think of many, many others in which your mind-losing label would be more apt.

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 02:53:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
these eastern european kids are tough cookies not aau pampered but to throw him into nba would be a free pass to foul line-why do we feel that rushing prospects is the right way
jaylen learned something from johnson -get in weight room

that center position is critical to a  defensive sets-a rookie has so much to learn both offensively and defensively and then the travel number of games and back to backs-porzingis did it so it is possible but ny had melo and did not make the playoffs

from the two mid range shots i have seen him take his form was very good and his foul shooting , he takes his time,very disciplined and has nice touch-lopez is now knocking down threes  at a high rate-the coaches don't have these bigs shooting threes when there scoring at 60% in close-
horford and lopez cab re invent theselves and lengthen their career instead of banging down low- leave it to the" little guy"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:00:53 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Well, we are talking about a guy who hasn't even proven he's an NBA player, so there's that...

« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
don't spoil it!!... Zizic is the second coming of Divac haven't you heard?