Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45052 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 09:43:44 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
He looked a little slow out there against FC Barcelona. But nonetheless he played good defense and rebounded the ball well in the limited minutes that he got.

Still a lot of room for improvement before I see him play significant minutes in the NBA.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016, 09:48:05 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Here are the highlights of the game against Barcelona and Ante Zizic's first bucket for his new team ;D!

Game Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JOvETHhO38

Zizic's first bucket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWBzLbAzxpk
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I keep watching these Zizic vids whenever they are posted, but all I see is a guy who is physically dominant in his league and can operate within 5 feet of the rim.  Not saying he won't be good, maybe a Mosgov or Gortat type of big man.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2016, 10:06:07 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I keep watching these Zizic vids whenever they are posted, but all I see is a guy who is physically dominant in his league and can operate within 5 feet of the rim.  Not saying he won't be good, maybe a Mosgov or Gortat type of big man.

I'm fine with that given where we selected him.

I'm fine with him being a backup big man who can come in, bang, get rebounds and play some defense.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think a lot of people would love a Gortat on this team.  Hence the excitement.

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2016, 10:21:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
zizic shoots well from foul line has nice form -he is just turned 20
gasol is shooting threes ,lopez is shooting threes
blatt will fill him in with whats needed in nba-horford shooting threes
he has a very good motor and likes to rebound

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2016, 10:34:33 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

I think a lot of people would love a Gortat on this team.  Hence the excitement.

Yeah, if he is even 85% of Gortat that would be a steal.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 03:07:11 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 04:25:53 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I think Gortat is his ceiling. Maybe a bit lower but i am certain he can give a nice production coming from the bench. Having said that i don"t see him being a solution to the Cs problems. I think it was a smart move to go play in Turkey. Much stronger league. Now his stats will have some true meaning

BTW the first page of the thread is pretty funny. And disturbing at the same time. How can people have so strong opinions about things they have absolutely no clue ?

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I think Gortat is his ceiling. Maybe a bit lower but i am certain he can give a nice production coming from the bench. Having said that i don"t see him being a solution to the Cs problems. I think it was a smart move to go play in Turkey. Much stronger league. Now his stats will have some true meaning

BTW the first page of the thread is pretty funny. And disturbing at the same time. How can people have so strong opinions about things they have absolutely no clue ?

Well, it is hard to tell for any prospect will he reach his ceiling or not, especially at his age. However, I live in Zagreb and I saw him play at least 40 games, some live. I also have some insight of how his brother approaches his mentoring. I value that, Andrija has a good track dating his playing days. I think Turkish league is stronger than ABA, but the difference is not that huge IMO.
I think that Gortat is a fairly adequate comparison. Some things he will do better. I even believe his mental make-up is better.
He has more fight to him and I imagine he would be even stronger in his core and hips. Steven Adams mold is accurate too.
I am not saying that my opinion is worth in gold but however it plays out I will try to root for any Celtic to succeed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:48:38 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 06:03:38 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Well, it is hard to tell for any prospect will he reach his ceiling or not, especially at his age. However, I live in Zagreb and I saw him play at least 40 games, some live. I also have some insight of how his brother approaches his mentoring. I value that, Andrija has a good track dating his playing days. I think Turkish league is stronger than ABA, but the difference is not that huge IMO.
I think that Gortat is a fairly adequate comparison. Some things he will do better. I even believe his mental make-up is better.
He has more fight to him and I imagine he would be even stronger in his core and hips. Steven Adams mold is accurate too.
I am not saying that my opinion is worth in gold but however it plays out I will try to root for any Celtic to succeed.
Thanks for the info, andro. In the games you have watched, has zizic shown any sort of mid range shooting game?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Thanks for the info, andro. In the games you have watched, has zizic shown any sort of mid-range shooting game?
His midrange game is not good, a young center like.
Accuracy is fine though, his FTs show that.
His release is really slow (not Amir like but very slow, he won't get that shot of in the NBA unless he improves to 3pt range (slim chance) or gets left wide open (hard to expect that cause at the elbow, 15 feet from the basket is close to almost all defenders)
He knows what he does well and he wastes no time doing it.
If we are expecting some pump fake drive game, we will grow beards waiting for it.

"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2017, 06:27:05 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
His mechanics allow some room for optimism I think he can develop a decent 10-15ft shoot

Here imo plays significant role the league. In ABA it was easy for him to push around everyone down low and he didn"t need to improve his range. In Turkey it won't be that easy (and definately not in NBA) and he will have to add some range

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2017, 08:45:01 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Can we trade for Ante Tomic? 😂

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

TP!  Thanks for posting this!