Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45057 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2017, 01:16:39 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
European clubs don't distribute minutes the same way American clubs do.  They will play an older vet over a better young kid time and time again. We wouldn't do that here because we want the win too much, well Doc might  ;).  They want the win too, but they want to win playing the euro league way.  Also, there are roster restrictions on non native players and there may be some under the table influences limiting the minutes of the non Turkish kid who is one - leavening and two - making the Native players look bad.   I'm thinking the Turkish people have seen enough of him and are ready for him to go.

« Reply #256 on: April 08, 2017, 02:28:21 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Darussafaka beats Red Star and gets the eighth and final play-off spot.
Zizic starts, plays 26 minutes, with 11 points (5/5 from the field, 1/4 from the line), 8 rebounds (4 offensive) and 1 block.
So, when it really mattered, Blatt had total confidence in him.

« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
this is a super nit-picky concern, but I wish more of his boards were defensive rebounds.

Now I know that sounds bad, but 4 offensive boards means only 4 defensive boards and I dont really care about the offensive glass.

Obviously a possession is a possession, but I would rather be able to protect our defensive glass. That is where our current issue is and I had kinda hoped Zizic would go a long way to remedy that issue.

Again, its great that he rebounds terrifically on the offensive glass, I just would rather he get more defensive rebounds.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2017, 04:12:14 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
this is a super nit-picky concern, but I wish more of his boards were defensive rebounds.

Now I know that sounds bad, but 4 offensive boards means only 4 defensive boards and I dont really care about the offensive glass.

Obviously a possession is a possession, but I would rather be able to protect our defensive glass. That is where our current issue is and I had kinda hoped Zizic would go a long way to remedy that issue.

Again, its great that he rebounds terrifically on the offensive glass, I just would rather he get more defensive rebounds.
It is one game.  Don't worry.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2017, 04:33:38 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
European clubs don't distribute minutes the same way American clubs do.  They will play an older vet over a better young kid time and time again. We wouldn't do that here because we want the win too much, well Doc might  ;).  They want the win too, but they want to win playing the euro league way.  Also, there are roster restrictions on non native players and there may be some under the table influences limiting the minutes of the non Turkish kid who is one - leavening and two - making the Native players look bad.   I'm thinking the Turkish people have seen enough of him and are ready for him to go.

Do you really know what you're talking about, or is this pure speculation?  I sure don't know, so seriously asking.

« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2017, 05:33:03 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

What are you talking about? Who told something like this?

This is completely inaccurate! Euro league coaches are not stupid. They play the players who will help the the most in any given name. Blatt won't risk a play off spot  playing the worst player just because zizic will leave at the end of the season....

« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2017, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

It is one game.  Don't worry.
I feel like every time I see his stats a good portion of his boards are offensive boards.

I mean its awesome, but I feel like offensive rebounding isnt a weakness.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.