Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45050 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
A Luke Harangody sighting!

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
A general Zizic value question:

Zizic is a 19 year-old #23 pick in last year's draft who's already dominated in his first Euro stint this year (about to see soon if he can be effective with his new club).  Is it safe to assume that Zizic would be a lottery pick in this year's draft -- even with the strength of this draft a lot higher than last year's?

If so, why do trade proposals here never include Zizic?  I realize that everyone likes him and thinks/hopes he could be the center of the future here, but isn't his worth equivalent to the Brooklyn '17 and '18 picks?   Or maybe even more valuable than Nets picks given his performance against professionals in Europe (probably needless to say -- I know nothing about the comparative strength of the league he just succeeded in to NCAA Division 1)? 

If Zizic's value right now is actually equivalent to the Brooklyn picks, why aren't we talking about Zizic, Brooklyn '18, AJ, (one of) AB/Smart/Crowder, and Brown for Cousins (for example)?   I don't really care about Cousins -- the point I am making is, why is Zizic almost never calculated in the trade asset equation in trade ideas here?   If I am off on this, please explain why either of the Brooklyn picks are more valuable than Zizic?

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Zizic was the 23rd pick in a ****ty draft. His value is that of perhaps a late first rounder

Brooklyn 17 and 18? Absurd.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 07:15:09 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Zizic was the 23rd pick in a ****ty draft. His value is that of perhaps a late first rounder

Yeah thats the way I see it too. He's shown some good signs in weak leagues, and he did ok tonight, but as we said, Semih Erden is an all-star in that league and Zizic is his backup. I'm optimistic he will be a useful young big man who can do one thing very well that we need, rebounding, but he is nowhere near as valuable as a Nets pick this year or next, especially not this year in such a deep draft at the top.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 07:32:52 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
A general Zizic value question:

Zizic is a 19 year-old #23 pick in last year's draft who's already dominated in his first Euro stint this year (about to see soon if he can be effective with his new club).  Is it safe to assume that Zizic would be a lottery pick in this year's draft -- even with the strength of this draft a lot higher than last year's?

If so, why do trade proposals here never include Zizic?  I realize that everyone likes him and thinks/hopes he could be the center of the future here, but isn't his worth equivalent to the Brooklyn '17 and '18 picks?   Or maybe even more valuable than Nets picks given his performance against professionals in Europe (probably needless to say -- I know nothing about the comparative strength of the league he just succeeded in to NCAA Division 1)? 

If Zizic's value right now is actually equivalent to the Brooklyn picks, why aren't we talking about Zizic, Brooklyn '18, AJ, (one of) AB/Smart/Crowder, and Brown for Cousins (for example)?   I don't really care about Cousins -- the point I am making is, why is Zizic almost never calculated in the trade asset equation in trade ideas here?   If I am off on this, please explain why either of the Brooklyn picks are more valuable than Zizic?
Ask yourself one question.  Would you rather give up a Brooklyn pick (say 2017) or zizic?  If that's easy for you to answer, then that will you will have your answer on relative value.

Hint: for me that's a really easy question to answer.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501

Yeah thats the way I see it too. He's shown some good signs in weak leagues, and he did ok tonight, but as we said, Semih Erden is an all-star in that league and Zizic is his backup. I'm optimistic he will be a useful young big man who can do one thing very well that we need, rebounding, but he is nowhere near as valuable as a Nets pick this year or next, especially not this year in such a deep draft at the top.

So -- I was asking a question out of ignorance, so of course there is the possibility of it being absurd. I wasn't saying that I know Zizic to be equivalent to a Brooklyn pick, but was just wondering if perhaps he is, and if not, why not.   There is a group of freshmen in college that people are drooling over in 2017 and a group of promising seniors in high school people are hopeful for in 2018.  So just wonder where does a strong, active 19yo with a long wing-span who averaged 20/10 in Europe stands in comparison to these freshmen in college and seniors in HS?   You both think it's an absurd comparison -- I believe you because I assume you know more than I do about this.   With that said, I suspect there's a decent chance that a 30 yo Semih Erden would be doing quite well as a Division 1 NCAA center right now.

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 07:45:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

So -- I was asking a question out of ignorance, so of course there is the possibility of it being absurd. I wasn't saying that I know Zizic to be equivalent to a Brooklyn pick, but was just wondering if perhaps he is, and if not, why not.   There is a group of freshmen in college that people are drooling over in 2017 and a group of promising seniors in high school people are hopeful for in 2018.  So just wonder where does a strong, active 19yo with a long wing-span who averaged 20/10 in Europe stands in comparison to these freshmen in college and seniors in HS?   You both think it's an absurd comparison -- I believe you because I assume you know more than I do about this.   With that said, I suspect there's a decent chance that a 30 yo Semih Erden would be doing quite well as a Division 1 NCAA center right now.

It's a reasonable question, I'm glad someone asked it. I like Zizic, I think he will do well one day here, but if we are talking about perceived value for trades, I dont think anything comes close to our Nets picks, especially the one in the 2017 draft. Zizic wasnt even Ainge's first choice apparently, and was taken for his draft and stash ability considering the abundance of picks we had and lack of roster space. Juancho Hernangomez was Ainge's 1st choice, the Nuggets took him like they took Nurkic right before we drafted Young, so Ainge's 2nd draft and stash choice was Yabusele. Zizic was his 3rd choice if we believe these reports. I'm glad he looks good so far, but putting up numbers in these leagues won't really change his perceived trade value around the league, and the lottery talent in this draft is super hyped.

Re: OFFICIAL ANTE ZIZIC DARUSSAFAKA THREAD
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Guys, that stat line is NOT for Ante Zizic.

It's for a player on the other team (FC Barcelona Lassa) by the name of Ante Tomic.

Darussafaka were playing FC Barcelona Lassa.

Zizic actually had 4 points on 2/4 shooting and 6 rebounds in 16 minutes of action.

He was 2/3 not 2/4, so thats a bit better.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 07:57:42 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
In just about 16 1/2 minutes he tied for tops on the team in rebounds.  The guy he tied with played 33 1/2 minutes.  That is a great sign.  Add his two steels and two blocks and he is looking like the defensive presence we need.  I'm highly optimistic but I'm still all in for a trade for any one of the centers we're rumored to be interested in, just no Brooklyn picks please.

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
In just about 16 1/2 minutes he tied for tops on the team in rebounds.  The guy he tied with played 33 1/2 minutes.  That is a great sign.  Add his two steels and two blocks and he is looking like the defensive presence we need.  I'm highly optimistic but I'm still all in for a trade for any one of the centers we're rumored to be interested in, just no Brooklyn picks please.

That's what I really like about him so far. The one thing he truly seems to excel in is the one thing we desperately need, rebounding. It's also a skill that generally translates well to the NBA. At this stage in his career though, he'd probably foul out in 10 minutes in an NBA game.

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 08:16:52 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
I was able to find this clip of Zizic getting his first points. 

http://www.eurohoops.net/euroleague/374033/ante-zizics-first-basket-darussafaka

I also found some of the game highlights but they only show Zizic on the court not making any plays.

http://www.eurohoops.net/euroleague/374146/highlights-fc-barcelona-darussafaka-dogus-istanbul

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 08:22:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
We haven't seen Zizic play an NBA game yet...

But I'm sure he's already WAY better than Olynyk, especially at rebounding.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Semi erden had a couple good games for us back in the day. Then doc just benched him for no apparent reason.  Hoping zizic doesn't get the same treatment. 

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 08:49:57 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
The NFL scouts would call this player a JAG

To d@mn slow for an NBA big. Backup maybe, starting  caliber?  Your dreaming

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 09:31:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Semi erden had a couple good games for us back in the day. Then doc just benched him for no apparent reason.  Hoping zizic doesn't get the same treatment.

Well Doc isn't our coach anymore.