Author Topic: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread  (Read 45057 times)

Re: Official Ante Zizic Darussafaka Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2017, 04:36:30 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Žižić will hopefully be a 3rd Croatian to play for the Celts. All bigs, all centers. Rađa would definitly be a 5 in todays game.

Actually 5th Croatian (Stojko Vranković, Dino Rađa, Žan Tabak, Bruno Šundov)

TP.
I totally forgot about;
Bruno "already on a different team" Šundov and
Žan "the ring bearer" Tabak. :)
Still, all were fives.
Thanks for the correction.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38:06 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Žižić will hopefully be a 3rd Croatian to play for the Celts. All bigs, all centers. Rađa would definitly be a 5 in todays game.

Actually 5th Croatian (Stojko Vranković, Dino Rađa, Žan Tabak, Bruno Šundov)

TP for the solid diacritic game..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:28 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Zizic Alert

Darüşşafaka plays today with Spanish team Baskonia, at 17.00 GMT, or 12.00 US Eastern Time. Game is in İstanbul.

Baskonia sits at 3rd place with an 11-5 record, 1 win behind the leader CSKA Moscow. Darüşşafaka is at 8th place with an 8-8 record.

Baskonia is know for their uptempo style and taking quick shots. They are selected "the most fun team to watch" in a recent poll between Euroleague GMs. Also, they managed to go to final four last year. While they lost some important players like Bourousis this summer, they made additions like Shane Larkin, Bargnani, and Beaubois to stay at a high level. Chase Budinger also plays there for some weeks now.

Zizic will compete with a washed up Bargnani, up and coming German center Voigtmann, and maybe Diop.

TP for the info on the game.

I won't be able to watch this one, I have another commitment today in the evening.

I also could not find a stream, I'll make another later today.

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:49 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
double posting due to slow i.net connection

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2017, 08:12:51 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic Alert

Darüşşafaka plays today with Spanish team Baskonia, at 17.00 GMT, or 12.00 US Eastern Time. Game is in İstanbul.

Baskonia sits at 3rd place with an 11-5 record, 1 win behind the leader CSKA Moscow. Darüşşafaka is at 8th place with an 8-8 record.

Baskonia is know for their uptempo style and taking quick shots. They are selected "the most fun team to watch" in a recent poll between Euroleague GMs. Also, they managed to go to final four last year. While they lost some important players like Bourousis this summer, they made additions like Shane Larkin, Bargnani, and Beaubois to stay at a high level. Chase Budinger also plays there for some weeks now.

Zizic will compete with a washed up Bargnani, up and coming German center Voigtmann, and maybe Diop.

I won't be able to watch this one, I have another commitment today in the evening.

For a wee bit of $$ you can watch all his games.
http://www.euroleague.tv/packages?utm_source=MTM&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=brand_US&utm_term=%2Beuroleague%20%2Btv&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzNfDBRD2xKrO4pSnnOkBEiQAbzzeQXonmSv-VAzGduUe0ZmedMmH1-RnmoIaL_70FtmUPDIaArzG8P8HAQ

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2017, 04:45:48 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Zizic Alert

For a wee bit of $$ you can watch all his games.
http://www.euroleague.tv/packages?utm_source=MTM&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=brand_US&utm_term=%2Beuroleague%20%2Btv&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzNfDBRD2xKrO4pSnnOkBEiQAbzzeQXonmSv-VAzGduUe0ZmedMmH1-RnmoIaL_70FtmUPDIaArzG8P8HAQ
Zizic played only 10 minutes. his stat line was pretty empty.
I wonder if he was not suitable for the uptempo match.

« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2017, 11:21:10 AM »

Online Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2017, 11:49:31 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2017, 12:23:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/384822/ante-zizic-next-summer-im-going-nba-sure

TP for the link. Sounds like he is coming this off season for sure, will be fun to see him in summer league.

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
This was more for the "look, Perk made a jump shot" factor. Otherwise, I've pegged my expectations at Vitaly Potapenko (yes, I'm old, now get off my lawn :P).

Would that be a Vitaly that didn't smoke and drink. That would be an excellent player. ( Yes I am old too!)
Potapenko was a pretty good player for the C's before he when home...him leaving when he did bugged me.

Personally, I'm hopeful about Zizic, like I'd be hopeful about any Celtics pick. I don't know what we're going to get, though, until he is over here and playing against NBA players.

« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
This was more for the "look, Perk made a jump shot" factor. Otherwise, I've pegged my expectations at Vitaly Potapenko (yes, I'm old, now get off my lawn :P).

Would that be a Vitaly that didn't smoke and drink. That would be an excellent player. ( Yes I am old too!)
Potapenko was a pretty good player for the C's before he when home...him leaving when he did bugged me.

Personally, I'm hopeful about Zizic, like I'd be hopeful about any Celtics pick. I don't know what we're going to get, though, until he is over here and playing against NBA players.

Potapenko was a wonderful low-post player. He played hard but if people think that Scal wasn't in the best of shape, VP didn't really take care of his body. It was before NBA players really started modern fitness programs. I'll always have a warm spot for Vitaly!

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Zizic impresses me with how he's able to carve out space down low and make himself such a huge target to pass into. He also has a very natural feel for how to slide and angle himself for entry passes or for drop offs to get the best angle to the rim. Bbiq is very high.

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I have high hopes for Ante. We need this kid on the boards badly

zizic played today
« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2017, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233